Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

what level are you in suikoden??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: what level are you in suikoden?? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

how much exactly u ppl level up at suikdoden series, it seems impossible.........

*use complete words, not cutesy abbreviations*
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1128479 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

During the final battles for both Suikoden and Suikoden II, I had the main characters leveled to roughly level 75. Of course, it would be insane to try to get every playable character up to that point, so I usually limit it to the characters I intend to (or have to) use in my final party. I can't remember the levels I was at in Suikoden III, but I'm thinking they were either comparable or a bit lower.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Watari

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The people that I use at the end are near level 65.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm with Elc, my levels are about 75 - I think Riou got to be close to 80 once. I don't bother leveling up everyone, I only use 6 in the final battle so I only level those people up the be powerhouses.

Saying that, I do take each playable star in Suikoden II to battle in L'Renouille, until there levels are all about the same. In Suikoden I, I never really bothered as it was painfully slow to change your team, and get to Gregminster to battle - especially as there were only 3 free spaces. I only leveled up those who's stats carried foward to Suikoden II.

In Suikoden III I leveled everyone up in a similar manner to Suikoden II, I just did it alot earlier and beefed everyones skills up (even if they couldn't be used) so they're stronger in the final battle against the Destroyers.

It seems pointless to me when people train for literal hours to get all the playable stars to level 99. They do grow in stats, but it's not as though there are secret bosses that require such a high level of stats; the end of game bosses can all be defeated without too much trouble at the general level the enemies in the final "dungeon" raises you to.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well in suikoden 1 I level all the characters that will load to suikoden 2 around level 80, it takes time but it's rather relieving knowing that it's a very high level and one third of the stats and all that will transfer to suikoden 2.

In suikoden 2 Riou is on level 73 but a few others are on lvl 99. I did not train them they were just recruited like that, some of these people are.
Pesmerga, Anita, Magus, Hoi, Stallion, Valeria, George, Humphrey and Genshu...All their stats seem to be at the highest it can be as well... without using any stones.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoa, level 80? I never had the patience to get past level 65...
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:P Yeah, but I speed the game up to double its average speed. I don't think I could do it at it's normal speed.
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ummm... I was at 56 and beat the Beast Rune with no problems... ^^;
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah.. I used that hidden wall trick thing in suikoden 2 early game to level Riou up to like 30somthing, but then after I got to the point where I could go recruit them normally.. it wouldn't let me? or they're dissapeared.. is there a way to get them back? lol

oh and my game before that.. I only got most of my main characters to 65.. other wise I had no patience.

Rebel of Babylon

1128479 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You mean Futch and Humphrey? Did you complete the dragon quest before you continued on with the game? If not, they should be at Mt. Rakutei.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually have my characters at level 60 or so. It just takes too long to level them above that, so I just settle for that....

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I ended up being able to beat it with all 108 stars at only level 54. Suikoden is much easier then the other two, and Suikoden II's final boss fight was also quite easy. (though I trained quite a bit for Luca) Suikoden 3 on the other hand I had to get up to the 70's to be able to finally crush it. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masaya wrote:
yeah.. I used that hidden wall trick thing in suikoden 2 early game to level Riou up to like 30somthing,

[Possible Spoiler for new players]

I did that trick once, but there was no problem with mine... what I did was save at kirou (before meeting Nanami) play through the game as usual and after me and Jowy has got our runes, I train us both to around level 17/18 and then go past the gate, keep searching and running from opponents until I encounter six mirages/phantoms and then have everone killed but me while there's only one mirage left I use my rune to finish it... then I look for another fight and get myself killed, choose the continue selection and kick the crap out of Captain Rowd!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

... o_o ...

This post is slightly spammy, but I have to ask: What happens if you beat captain Rowd? o_o ....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some of you people are mad. If you talk about logical gameplay, such high levels of 75 or 80 is hardly needed. 60 is sufficient, and mine are always around 60... Or even lower... 50+...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: