Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Official 'All About Viki' Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: The Official 'All About Viki' Thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi everyone! This is a topic, like the Yuber/Pesemerga (sp?) so you can talk all about Viki.

Viki, in multiple Suikoden boards, seems to be a usual topic of discussion. I don't know all that much about Viki, except the normal stuff in the game.

Here are some things that could be possible discussion (Though you can talk about anything about Viki here). Also most of this stuff will be probably be rumors or discussion about Viki's role in the upcoming Suikoden 4.

1. Where did Viki come from? Why can she teleport through time?

2. Who or what it 'Little Viki'? Why des Little Viki seem to be so much smarter then normal Viki?

3. What is Viki's role in Suikoden 4? Did she come from the future, through time travel) or was this her first aperance in the Suikoden world as we know it?

Also if there is anything else anyone would like to discuss, about Viki, feel free to do so! ^_^

(To SARS Admin, am I allowed making this topic? Because I thought Viki was a common subject in suikoden boards, but if I'm just taking space I'm willing to delete the topic :) )
ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viki along with Leeknat and Jeane are the keepers of the balance. And I dare anyone to use a logical well-thought out response to say otherwise because if you do :evil:
ayoloco

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

2. Why des Little Viki seem to be so much smarter then normal Viki?

About this question I think I have two reason:

1. She got amnesia.

2. Little Viki got Thypoid Fever so she lost her I.Q.
Freddie Mercury

Fat Bottomed Girls

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viki is one of the most popular characters in the Suikoden series, no doubt about it. She seems to take on the "cute clumsy girl" role which everyone seems to love. Furthermore, she's a user of magic, making her capable of doing some decent damage. I like her personality and the way she looks lol. She has an interesting history and its pretty cool to see what she has to say and do.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Where did Viki come from? Why can she teleport through time?
- Viki came from her home. She has that power.

2. Who or what it 'Little Viki'? Why des Little Viki seem to be so much smarter then normal Viki?
Little Viki is Viki as a child. However, little Viki is also the more logical part inside Viki. She's clearly not THAt ditzy, and she plays quite an integral role. Her intellegence probably decreased due to her rune, and being able to teleport. Remembering the energy patterns of each area of the world must have some kind of effect on the brain.

3. What is Viki's role in Suikoden 4? Did she come from the future, through time travel) or was this her first aperance in the Suikoden world as we know it?
Neither. I think Viki started out since the beginning of time, and helped mould the world to where it is. Every time something needed fixing (Scarlet Moon, Dunan Unif, Grasslands, etc etc etc. Shit, she was even in Suikogaiden) she was there to help out. I think she's also not as "stupid" as she lets he self be known to be.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, so the Viki discussion begins! :-P Viki is one of my favourite characters, you see here in every game, and she's (in my mind) comic relief. One of the the things I really like about her, are being able to use Pale/Blue Gate Rune and her acting! I've spent a fair bit of time at the theater in suikoden 3 with Viki.

Neither. I think Viki started out since the beginning of time, and helped mould the world to where it is. Every time something needed fixing (Scarlet Moon, Dunan Unif, Grasslands, etc etc etc. Shit, she was even in Suikogaiden) she was there to help out. I think she's also not as "stupid" as she lets he self be known to be.

That's really interesting, so maybe Viki is really a lot more inportant to the Suikoden world then we thought. Maybe she works with Lekaat (sp?) the balance everything, and she purposely joins your party so you collect the 108 Stars or something (maybe that's why she's a character yo have to get, not optional).
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exactly. Exactly!!!!!!! I mean....Sheena was comic relief, but he was so crucial in Suikoden 2 it wasn't even funny. (Yes, he was. If Riou and Co. didn't get the help of Toran, they would have lost a major branch of soldiers. And Kasumi!!!!!! (Shut up you. Kasumi >>>>>>> Valeria.)
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or the development team are just being lazy and did not feel like creating yet another new teleporter character to join the antagonists' ranks, thus chose the easier way out by keeping Viki in all the games and subsequently giving her some enigmatic backstory to support her perfect attendance?

Highly unlikely, but not entirely impossible.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, i believe when Konami first decided to sequel suikoden, they didn't plan on giving Viki her mysterious background... Instead it was because its easier to let her return to continue teleporting. Subsequently, she conviniently becomes the oh so mysterious time travelling Viki...
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So you think that maybe they might just pull out a plausable, but bullpoopesque story? Bah...I guess it's possible. Look at Metal Gear.

(Cue the sound that people make when they see some guy get sacked)
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kobold has a point with that one, although I'm glad to have Viki as a returning character. Suikoden 3 had so few from suikoden 2, and since 4 is a prequel, there will be even less characters. Due to this, I'm happy that at least Ted, Jeane and Viki will return. In suikoden 3 I used Viki throughout as my Party's mage, although I've noticed that sometimes her magic attacks backfire and hit my party . . . like in the final battle. I never really liked Little Viki that much though, I guess I just don't think Viki should be an emotionless, yet intelligent character. She's so much better ditzy.
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, so the Viki discussion begins! :-P Viki is one of my favourite characters, you see here in every game, and she's (in my mind) comic relief. One of the the things I really like about her, are being able to use Pale/Blue Gate Rune and her acting! I've spent a fair bit of time at the theater in suikoden 3 with Viki.

That's really interesting, so maybe Viki is really a lot more inportant to the Suikoden world then we thought. Maybe she works with Lekaat (sp?) the balance everything, and she purposely joins your party so you collect the 108 Stars or something (maybe that's why she's a character yo have to get, not optional).

~Keriaku~

Your both forgetting the fact that whenever viki "appears" in your arms, she has no friggan idea where she is, she was usually in middle of something else when her "accident" happened, and in suiko3 she has no idea where she is or what year it is for that matter. So the most probable cause would be her for her to sneeze blink or cough the wrong way and she can be thrown across continents or even as it appears across time itself.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For once, I have to agree with Eggith. I'll be extremely shocked if Viki plays some vital role in Suikoden.
ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I Would actually feel somewhat insulted if the only person(that we know of anyway) in the suikoden world that can travel through time had no real impact on the story as a whole. I mean she is a star of destiny in every game for Viki to just be some suikoden version of Cid from FF would be really bad especially considering that Apple and Luc two other stars of destiny from the first three games had such important roles in the world of suikoden. I also feel the same way about Jeane well ecept for the time travelling but then again who knows how Jeane always manages to stay the same after of hundreds of years. :?
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok i know this is sort of off topic but when and where does it say that Leknaat,jeane and Viki are the keepers of balance?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: