Suikoden United and Irenic Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The "Holiday Swag Thread"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you could have one of these for the holidays, which would you want?
World Peace
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
A New Car
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
CA$H
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
A New Computer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Giant Robot
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Suikoden IV
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: The "Holiday Swag Thread" Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw this on another forum and decided to bring it here.

What did you all get for Christmas/ Hanukkah/ Kwanzaa/ Ramadan (do you get presents during Ramadan?)

I got:

Dodgeball (DVD)
DDR Extreme (PS2)
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (GBA)
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls (GBA)
Breakfast of Champions (Book)
Clothes
Coffee
A Coffee Pot/ Toaster Oven Combo
. . . and other stuff on the way.

Now what did you all get?
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marshmallow wrote:
Ramadan (do you get presents during Ramadan?)

No, we get presents or money in Eid (usually money).

I myself got enough money in Eid that I could buy a new PStwo with (I wish I were younger, I used to get more money in the old beautiful days).

Important things I bought or done:

- Bought lots of winter clothes but I still need to get more even when I don't need to.
- Painted my room in gray (they say it looks bad but I don't care).
- Bought few DVD's (Animes and Movies, they were somewhat cheap).
- Spent an amount of money in the family must spend time together picnics (I wish I didn't because they were boring... kind of).
- Spent another amount of money on some stuff I can't remember.

I still have some money left that I'll probably use on things I don't need, though I would be sure to save some money for Suikoden IV and other RPGs coming in January even when I know that I won't be able to save any because I'm more of a spender than a saver.

Edit: Ah, I voted for Cash because I can buy almost anything with it, and because money is everything in these days though I don't really believe that is entirely true.

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Suikoden IV myself, since most of the other options are either unattainable or redundant for me. Plus, I've been waiting for Suikoden IV for a long time and I'm really looking forward to it. With a job, though, cash is relatively steady, so I don't have any immediate concerns there.

As for what I got for Christmas, I got:

Clothes
Nirvana: With the Lights Out (CD/DVD set)
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Season 4 DVD
Sly 2 (PS2)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (plus a gift certificate for Chapters)
A gift certificate for Future Shop

All around it was a good day, which finished with the family gathering for Christmas dinner, though my cousin and I made a quick getaway shortly after dinner. I don't mind the ocassional family gathering, though if they are too loud (as in you can't hear the person mere inches away from you) or drag on for too long, I'm all for a quick retreat back home.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I voted for cash, basically because it can be used to buy some of the other things on the list, and because I already have a giant robot. And since I am currently on holidays, it can never hurt to get more money for parties and going out. Anyway the basics that I got from everyone for Christmas were:

Weights Set (50Kg-to be used to spread around on my equipment.)
Protein Powder (For my work-outs)
New Phone
Music CD's
Suikoden 4 English Translated *Just Kidding*
Some Movie DVD's

We also had a huge breakfast at my place, to which I did not have to lend a single hand in helping out cook and get everything ready (Yes I work hard). Since breakfast was heaps filling we did not really need lunch, and just had another huge dinner later on. So it was a good day for me, food wise (the most important part).
And Because I am such a nice and giving person, I got up at about 6.30 in the morning and caught a train to my friends house (about 30 minute drive) and gave her the present I bought her (some DVD's she likes) to which she was quite happy about, so mission accomplished...
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

World peace =D I'd buy the rest myself. Except cash. I'd have that given to me.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well at home I got tings...i think the DSL could count, other wise I got some sweaters with turlte necks, slippers, get fuzzy: Bucky's big book of fun, shrek 2 (widescreen), futurerama volume 4, a clock radio ( O_o), and candy stuffs.

otherwise I got money from other people, to squrril away for when I need to grow up.
I'm such a child *smacks*
oh and my amazon.com gift certificate. hopefully I won't squander it all on anime and manga and get some intellegne books.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd get cash :mrgreen:

After the Ramadhan, I got : A new CPU !
1. AMD Athlon XP Barton 2800+
2. Gigabyte 7N400Pro2 motherboard, with nForce 2 Ultra Chipset, and SATA port
3. HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon 9600pro 128mb/128bit
4. HD SerialATA Seagate Barracuda 80 GB/7200 rpm
5. 2x256 Corsair DDRAM memory dual channel
6. MSI DVD-ROM
7. SimBadda casing (no money left for the casing, heheh)

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, so i voted for Sukoden IV. if i truly was a pious, selfess person, i would have definitaley have gone with World Peace.

For Eid this November, i got....uh,.....i guess nothing that i can think of. Oh well, i got my health. so that'll count for something i suppose. :lol: For Eid i got the preservation of my health. Yay for me.

I guess i'm too old for presents for the moment. (sigh)

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No one is too old for presents Starslasher, here you are a ^.^ (smile) as a late Eid present.

I wished for world peace... *stares at the new computer option* because we are in need for one right now although I know it is impossible, and besides wishes are things that hardly come true, so my vote goes for world peace.

As for what I got, hmmm... ya, I got lots of love from my mother and lots of money from my father, and I'm still confused on what to do with the love... ya I'm joking, and other junk from people I don't know.

For the money part, I bought lots of unnecessary things, like my sister's cell phone... it is new, an ugly looking expansive jacket, lots o DVD's, lots o junk food, few candies... ya it is bad kids, a dead flower from my lovable annoying little sister, and a smile on her face although it wasn't necessary since she was already laughing like a maniac after I agreed on buying her so called evil dead flower ^_^.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would take cash for a number of reasons.

1 World Peace will never happen.
2. I just got a new car.
3. I have no use for a giant robot.
4. My copy of Suikoden IV is already paid for and pre-ordered.

As for what I got for Christmas...

A new knife
Gift cards for Best Buy
A new car stereo
And a bunch of small stuff

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for a new car, not that I don't like my current car, but having to share with my mom when we both work and I need it to get to UNLV, it becomes a hassle. It would make our lives much easier.

For Christmas, I got:
-some Packer stuff (including an awesome hooded zip-up sweatshirt)
-Michael Crichton's new book "State of Fear"
-South Park Season 4
-some Tolkien books (I already have 3 editions of Lord of the Rings, but I still need to collect the History of Middle-Earth series)
-3 posters (which doubled the total I had previously: a Yellow Submarine poster, a LOTR poster--original artwork--, and this hilarious poster with a bunch of stupid signs and animals--including a dog smoking a cigarette--and at the bottom is says simply "America the Beautiful")
-an electric guitar!!! WOOT!!!

Plus the Packers won on Christmas Eve, which clinched the division. I had a good weekend!

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im the only one so far who wants a giant robot???? Ahhh, My family is slightly rich so my mom got me quite a few things:

MGS3:Snake Eater[Ps2]
Vietiful Joe[Ps2]
WWE:Smackdown V.S Raw[Ps2]
DoA:Ultimate[X-box]
The URBZ:Sims in the city[X-box]
KOTOR II:Sith Lords[X-box]
Nintendo DS
Super Mario 64 DS[DS]
Futurama[DVD]
FFI&II:Dawn of Souls[GBA]
Candy
A yo-yo[I love those things]
A Spongebob ornanment

Aggh thats a lot, but I don't want anyone calling spoiled or anything.
acid_brain

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your family is rich, Croix? I did not know that :mrgreen: Anyway, for Christmas I received: Paper Mario 2 (that game is awesome), Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, the player's guides for each of the previous video games, Garfield as Himself DVD, some clothes, a DVD about evidence for Jesus, at least one Christian book, a game of Mancala, Pikachu's Winter Vacation DVD, and probably some other stuff that momentarily slip my mind.
the violent one

Homedogs

1000 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I got.......
Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas
Clothes
a Homer Simpson chia pet(Shut up I love these things)
Guilty Gear X2 #reload The Midnight Carnival.
Money
Final Fantasy XI and the HDD thingy
that is everything.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm well what I would have personally liked for christmas was Suikoden four considering that I have been waiting for another Suikoden to come along that I could play. Though dont get me wrong I would suffice to have gotten Suikoden one considering that is the other game in the series that I have not been able to grab yet but meh. I am not so crazy as to believe that there is any kind of chance at all that I will be finding Suikoden one in a store somewhere any time soon. My only hope is that they rerelease it at some point like a remake type of deal along with Suikoden two but it's a long shot at best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: