Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Stella Deus
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Stella Deus Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone looking forward to this strategy RPG by Atlus? It's going to be released in summer 05 (US version).

The moment I saw this I was shocked. The character designs are great, the music is done by Hitoshi Sakimoto and just seeing the opening gives me the chills, something that only the likes of S1 & 2 have achieved. I'm sure this will be great.

I highly recommend downloading the movies below while they're up. Must see!

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/ps2/stella/stellamov.html

Damn, I wish Suikoden IV were done with such a good taste. Uh, never mind.
El Diablo Negro

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am looking foward to this game a lot. Atlus latly has really been pumping some awesome games. Not only that, they actually have decent translations these days.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I must say it looks rather impressive... umm... I don't think i'll be able to get it though seeing as though it looks like a PS2 only game. damn.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It bombed in Japan FYI.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, that's no surprise-- it's done by the guys who did Hoshigami.

"Would you like to end the turn?"

--> Yes

"Ending turn. Are you sure?"

--> Yes

"Really ending turn. Is this what you want?"

--> Yes

"I mean, are you cool with that? Ending your turn, and all."

--> Yes

"I don't think you realize what you're doing, so I'm going to go ahead and cancel that."
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You two aren't gonna stop me for enjoying Stella Deus like a madman.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I WAS hyped until I heard it's by the Hoshigami guys. Imo Hoshigami could have been one of the greatest tactical RPGs ever. I've always wanted a good tactical RPG where you can break up your turn however you want (which Hoshigami let you do), but seeing as you lost your characters permanently when you died, and the difficulty was so high, you had to level up your characters before taking them into story battles. And even that was a pain because you could lose them in the training towers as well forcing you to reboot even during training sessions. Once you did have them leveled up a bit the game was too easy with you being able to mow through enemies. It was like there was no balance between character losing misery and breezing through levels after tedious leveling up.

Even so, the graphics style of this new games looks incredible. I hope they kept the action points system from Hoshigami. Tactical RPGs are the best!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, not trying to stop you or anything. The game did really poorly in Japan. MK2 has 26 reviews so far with an average score of 46 out of 100. The game gets a grade of E (A to F scale). I can tell you what exactly people liked/disliked if you want.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd love to hear what people disliked.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mad Mage wrote:
Imo Hoshigami could have been one of the greatest tactical RPGs ever. I've always wanted a good tactical RPG where you can break up your turn however you want (which Hoshigami let you do), but seeing as you lost your characters permanently when you died, and the difficulty was so high, you had to level up your characters before taking them into story battles. And even that was a pain because you could lose them in the training towers as well forcing you to reboot even during training sessions. Once you did have them leveled up a bit the game was too easy with you being able to mow through enemies. It was like there was no balance between character losing misery and breezing through levels after tedious leveling up.

The only way Hoshigami was balanced is if you and your opponent were on the same level. Otherwise, there were some ridiculous stat modifiers at work.

Quote:
There's a level-dependent modification to what the game calculates as your chance to hit and the amount of damage you do. For every level the attacker is lower than the target, each of these values drop by 10%, to a minimum of 10% of the original. For every level the attacker is higher than the target, they increase by 10%, to a maximum of 190%.

So, fighting against a boss 2 levels higher than you, your black coins are 80% as likely to succeed, your colored coins will only do 80% as much damage, and your physical attacks are 80% less likely to hit _and_ will do 80% less damage, for a total effective power reduction of 64%.

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Stella Deus: The Gate of Eternity is due to be released on the 26th of April, so I look forward to giving this game a good go, being an insane TRPG fan as most of you would know. Looking at all the above posts, it seems a lot more positive details have arisen from the many months that have followed so that is always a good thing. A strategy RPG would have to be the utmost terrible gaming experience ever to make me hat/dislike it, so from what I have seen of this game, that factor for me is unnecessary,

Though the release date for this game will most probably be pushed back until early May, we could be lucky and have it released when it is supposed to, but these sort of games have a supreme habit of being pushed back for varied reasons. Such a thing would not worry me, as I am not making my next import order until the end of May, shortly after Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana has been released.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really want this game, but I have no money/I need to finsih Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga >.< Does anyone know if there's a preorder bpnus for this game, or for Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana?
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I look forward to this game. Then again, I look forward to nearly everything made by Atlus.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the graphics do look amazing for a strategy RPG. I dunno though, I might buy it only if it recieves good reviews.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

It's going to be released in summer 05 (US version).

the release date is next week the 26th of april, Game informer already reviewed it, it got a 7 and a 5 from the second reviewer which is pretty low. From the movie clips the game looked like it had more animations than the nippon ichi games but the review still said this game looks like it has PSone graphics; I didn't finish reading the entire review but I assume it didn't get as good of a score as the nippon ichi games because this game focus more on the story but has less material in other areas, so how good it is would depend on how well the player likes the storyline.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: