Suikoden Ugly and Informational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

words of wisdom
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: words of wisdom Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is whear i would like to write words of wisdom just for fun.

my first W.O.W. is
some solve problems by thinking and planning others use rocks!

now I would like to hear W.O.W. from you.
I'll have more words of wisdom or W.O.W. once or twice a week. :P
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... I got quite a few, even though most of them I heard somewhere else and sound more or less like a piece of advice than a quote, well you judge for yourself. I'll list around ten for now.

-To those for whom much is given, much is required
-Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. >from Martin Luther King i think<
-In ta beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in an experts mind there are few.
-The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement, the opposite of a profound truth, is another profound truth.
-The more you know the less you understand
-Imagination is intelligence having fun.
-Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strengths and resolution.
-Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. > that was from mother teresa<
-What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us.
-Opportunities multiply as they are seized.

I think that's how they are said, well that's how I remember them.

Last edited by Deleted User 1 on Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ooh ooh, I have one.

"The more pancakes you eat, the fatter you get."

That is an undeniable truth!
Ayemelek

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Let not entropy taint your smoldering golden spirit."

There's a fairly random quote whose origins I am unsure of. Let it guide you down the path to righteousness.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you hit a tiger on the ass, make sure you can deal with its teeth

I read that someone today or yesterday - have absolutely NO clue where, but it made me laugh.[/i]

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A truly great mind is capable of accepting both science and religion.

That came from one of my favorite teachers, whose class I initially did not want to be in cuz I thought he was old and dumb. Never had a better teacher.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOL Sars and Fliktor. I have a couple I have heard around here and there...

"Mercy is precious, but mercy can also be an indulgence."
"He who is patient, obtains."
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My W.O.W is....
Real Knowledge is to the extent of one's ingnorance This W.O.W's author is none other than Confucius.

My own personal W.O.W is...
When you walk down a dark alley and see a large guy with a baseball bat, walk the other way.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay... Ten more.

-My father once told me that there were two kinds of poeple: Those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try and be in the first group; there were much less competition.
-Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.
-Out of intence complexities, intence simplcities emerge.
-We can get over being poor, but it takes longer to get over being ignorant.
-I you can imagine it, you can create it. If you can dream it, you become it.
-Trust in yourself. Your perceptions are often more accurate than you are willing to believe.
-Do not fear mistake. There are none.
-No one can give you wiser advise than yourself.
-I have not failed. I have only found 10000 ways that won't work.

This next last one i have just thought up myself.

-I have never sinned in my life. Fate has sinned by choosing my path and destiny.

well... it sound good whe I thought of it.
Satyr2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-- "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars." (by some motivational speaker)

-- "It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." Vlotaire

-- "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare (if your the first to PM me the play and act you get 20 slodiers :mrgreen: )

-- If a bus breaks down in z drive through zoo, dont get out. (read Darwin Awards if you want to know why)
acid_brain

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My goofy 8th grade science teacher wrote a saying on his board daily or weekly--can't remember. At some point, he wrote old sayings again. Here is a sample that is probably not word for word: "Harbors are safe places to keep ships, but that is not what ships were made for." "If you want to be a roll model, be a fritter or maybe even a cinnamon roll." "Two paths diverged into the wood and I...I hey where the heck am I?" "A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a restroom break." "Only dead fish go with the current." My goofy high school biology teacher once said something like this: "There are two types of people, those who are going insane and those who have already succeeded." Somewhere I have a list of all the sayings my 8th grade science teacher wrote on his board. I once saw in his yahoo! instant messenger profile the saying "Dream like you'll live forever, live like you'll die tomorrow."
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of my favorites...maybe more later.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-- Winston Churchill

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't fart when you have diahrrea.

Need I say any more?
Marnix

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im not sure if this is a w.o.w but its interesting

Usually its the pessimest who says the glass is half empty and the optimist says that the glass is half full. But if the optimist says that the glass is half full, didnt he expect the glass to only half filled, while the supposed passimest is lamenting on the fact that the glass wasnt full and only half empty?
KonRei

The Sharingan Archer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i remember my p.e teacher used to say this to us...

"Learning will only transpire if there is change"

Today's angel are tomorrow's devil...fear it, live it, die with it... -Kon Rei
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: