Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most Powerful Wizard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jowy blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) the best wizard who was born as a wizard
2) luc

3)when luc collect true rune he was really powerful
4) mazus and crowely. they didnt have true rune,the died and revive thierself
5) he live with true rune he the only one with true rune in his soul
maybe sasarai true rune in his soul also but luc deafet them all
Sana

Acolytes of Chisha

6534 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) One with mastery over magical force, without aids from magical devices.

2) Sarah

3) The thing that impresses me most about Sarah is her illusion and summoning skills. One example of this is when she disguises herself and Luc as Zexen knights, and even though there is only two of them, the opponents think that they are fighting twelve Zexen knights. I think that this showcases amazing powers. Also, most didn't even suspect anything, which, further proves the point. Another example is during the Fire Bringer wars she manages to create hundreds upon hundreds of monsters to fight, and is only foiled when they finally discover that she is summoning them. Lastly, she also seems to have all these amazing skills with minor runes, and even somtimes has a psychic like ability and can tell when someone is near them.

4) Many people say that Luc or Sasarai are great wizards, I however, disagree. Both of them have true runes, helping them greatly. Sarah, has many of these powers using regular runes, or none at all. I believe that she shows just as much skill, maybe even more so than them, without the aid of true runes.

5) Sarah, has strong magical force within her, and is able to use strong magic without the help of true runes. This proves that she is a greater mage than most.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) A powerful wizard is one that is able to destroy a party of characters effortlessly, but still be human enough to be beaten in the end. A powerful wizard is also usually the victim of a unique affliction of some kind.

2) Luc {Suikoden III} I have only played Suikoden III thus far, so I have no basis for comparison in the first two of fourth game. I will play II and IV in the summer when I get home.

3) On his own he's insane with the True Wind Rune. In the epilogue of SIII, you see how After beating Sasarai in a magicians duel he beats back Thomas and Cecile (At lvs. 64 & 68 in my game) with merely a wave of his hand.. Not even the best part of the game, either.

He is even more powerful when Sarah is around, and other than the part I just mentioned and the Final Battle of SIII, they are rarely apart. With her illusion magic, especially what they do in Geddoe Chp. 1 (for those that have beaten the game) is really amazing.

4) Comparison: Sasarai - He beats him, and his Shining Wind Attack does the most damage of any magic attack in the game. Sasarai is still really good, and overall the better character, but Luc's magic is jsut untouchable.

Sarah - Her water magic is very powerful, and I believe she can also get an S rank in something else, possibly Pale Gate Magic. However, Luc wins on the basis of him being able to summon the Rune Incarnation for the last battle, although alot of that was made possible by Sarah. She does not bear a True Rune, so cannot wield that much power.

5) Luc is the most powerful magician in Suikoden III because of his ability to use his powerful spells to eliminate your team many, many times over the course of the game. He is, however, also enough of a human being (metaphorically speaking) to be beaten in the end by your leveled up team of heroes. He is even more powerful with his posse of Yuber, Sarah and Albert Silverberg, but on his own is still a formidable magician, although he stands a short, unintimidating 5'6.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. A wizard is a powerful mage that uses magic very well. A few criteria for a "most powerful wisard" is very high magic skills and alot of level 4 spells.

2. Cleo

3. Leknaat at the beggining of Suikoden 1 probably sensed a great amount of magic inside of Cleo, so she gave her a fire crystal.

4. People would think that Luc and Sasarai are great magic users, they even use magic when they are dueling, but not one of them has 4 level 4 rune spells when at level 60. cleo's speed makes her the best idea for a Flowing Rune which would make less unconsious people in my party.

5. Cleo is a great magician because she has 4 level 4 spells at level 60. She also has all of her level spells by early level 40's. So as you can see Cleo is who i think is the "most powerful wizard" and maybe once shes ready she could out duel Crowley.

Last edited by Weyoun on Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My post joking Viktor was the best was deleted, was meant as a joke, although glancing at the stats, in S1, he can indeed, with luck, gameplay wise, be the best Wizard in the game.

With great luck, at Lv99, S1 Viktor can have 186 MAG. With absolutly horrid luck, everyone else can end up with lower MAG. Viktor would have 9/8/6/5 MP at this state, and since there no rune affinities and everyone has only 1 rune slot, Viktor will end up throughly owning Luc and Crowley in Magic. Of course, under this circumstance, Luc and Crowley are only 20 points behind Viktor(at his best MAG) at thier worst MAG(166), but I found this funny at 4am when I originally made the post. The big brutish bear outnuking Luc and Crowley.

Anyway, since it's not 4am, I'll actually respond as asked.

1) What's a Wizardish Char? Someone with absurd magical power, and dedicates there whole being to that, whether it be gaining it or using it.

2)Gonna have to say Sarah as well

3)Let's see, Luc has a True Rune amplifying his power, Mazus and Crowley are old men, while Sarah is a young'n summoning massive Illusions that can beat the crap out of your party. She's also summoning monsters to beat the crap out of your party without a gate rune, or any other True Rune for that matter.

4) As I said, Luc has a True Rune, an absurdly powerful one at that, so his talents are amplified through it. Crowley, is an old man in a cave. He's been studying for years, and Sarah has matched him while only being a fraction of his age. And Crowley and Luc can't summon up massive illusions and monsters to beat the crap out of your party. Luc just threw a pathetic golem at you at one point. Whoopteedoo.

5) A Young Woman summoning up and holding off(if even for awhile) the combined forces of the Knights of Zexen, 2 units of Harmonian Mercenaries, the Karaya, Duck, Lizard, and Alma-Kinan clans, with a few scattered other forces attacking. She did all the work in S3, Luc and Yuber were slackers. Although, while powerful at magic, she isn't very wise. She keeps throwing herself at Luc, when Luc shows no interest for her- and she insists on defending him to the end- powerful, yes, wise, no.
Timmy

7 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) Your definition of powerful wizard
Combining insight, wisdom and raw magical power.

2) Name of Wizard: Simply write the name of your pick.
Sigismund.

3) Example: Write an episode that showcases how powerful this wizard is.
He summons me. Quite impressive, and very smart.

4) Comparison: Compare this wizard with two other wizards in Suikoden. Argue how your pick is superior to these two other wizards.
Shir: Shir has a cat familiar named Felicity. Felicity has inferior mice-catching skills, from which I deduct that her master is less powerful than mine. Another wizard is Agahnim. He couldn't take care of the evil presence in the region he governs himself, and needed the help of my master instead. Thus I deduce that Sigismund is more powerful than Agahnim.

5) Opinion & Conclusion: Write your opinions on why this character is the most powerful wizard. Then, conclude your passage gracefully.
Hoot Hoot!
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that Crowly was a good character. I used him a lot because he was cool and had good magic. :) I also heard that Poccolo from suikoden 3 had a connection with Crowly in the past. Does anyone know if it is true?
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has been rumoured that Piccolo was an student of Crowley. But it has never been confirmed. Estella has even been said of being Crowley's student as well. The two have one of the best MAGIC stats in the game (Piccolo had 169 while Estella had ~172). But Estella is a big liar, so we can't be sure if she's telling the truth on it.

I'd like to have nominated Piccolo for Greatest Wizard, For using Lightning magic. But he's just too frail. So, so frail.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III:

Sarah,Luc,Sasarai.

Suikoden I:

Ted

Suikoden IV:

jeane,Warlock,Ted.

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) Your definition of powerful wizard: Write down what you consider as the criteria for "most powerful wizard" in a single sentence.

A "most powerful magician" in my opinion is one who is skilled in magic and has the potential for it in a way that even his/her enemies won' t notice it till it's too late.

Viki (Don't think I'm unilateral...)

Viki is well known as the teleportress of theSuikoden world. She appears in opportune moments and has the rare ability to teleport. She shows a face of naivete and cluelessness.

Viki has the ability to teleport you anywhere and as we see in Suikoden IV, even the WHOLE ship. She can sometimes summon other entities through her power (namely Little Viki) and can use *Blinking to it's full.

Under that facade, There might be something there... She may be hiding the potential in being the magician that she is. If ever she does, she could teleport enemies to non-existance. You won't like her to be your enemy...

Viki can also be speedy, deceptive (based on first ipressions), and powerful magically. Let's not forget her false immortality by using Blinking to travel through time...

4) Comparison: Compare this wizard with two other wizards in Suikoden. Argue how your pick is superior to these two other wizards.

Warlock:
He is slower than Viki, He's older than her and still has lesser time to live. He may be powerful, But Viki could just blow him away, or even blink him away.

Jeane:
At first glance, She could be known as a powerful and deceptive magician. She's so obvious a target for many enemises as powerful. Plus, i think Viki is cuter. Viki would be the last person you'd expect to be most powerful. So Jeane is definitely gonns get a boot!

5) Opinion & Conclusion: Write your opinions on why this character is the most powerful wizard. Then, conclude your passage gracefully.

Viki is cute, has potential and partially has a powerful dimension-altering rune. She also has the immortality with the help of her bad/good luck. She can be MOST powerful if you think about it. But only time will tell... :P

Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Most Powerful Wizard Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) Your definition of powerful wizard: A powerful wizard is someone who can summon legions of monsters.

2) Name of Wizard: Sarah

3) Example: In Suikoden III Sarah summons an entire army of beasts to fight against the Grasslands, Only a powerful wizard could do this.

4) Comparison: Some would say that Luc is the better wizard but I disagree. Luc has a true rune wich does make him powerful but Luc did not summon an army, Sarah did, and when she could no longer do it Luc did not step in to do so. From this it appears Luc is not skilled enough to be able to accomplish such a feat. Some might say Viki, however I disagree with that as well, while Viki can teleport using the Blinking Rune, Sarah was able to use her skill as a wizard to do so without using a rune. She created the portals that Luc, Yuber, and Albert used.

5) Opinion & Conclusion: Sarah is by far the best. She can conjure up thousands of monsters at a time. She is an excellent healer with her water rune, she has a pale gate rune also which only increases her power more, but also she can create portals to travel. Her entire mystique just screams powerful. She would be unrivaled in a wizard duel and would hold any trophy high. Thus Sarah is my most powerful wizard and shall always be.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) Your definition of powerful wizard: Write down what you consider as the criteria for "most powerful wizard" in a single sentence.

Not only one who shows raw potential for wielding huge amounts of magical energy, but one who has the mastery over it to control those forces and bend them to his/her will

Leknaat

Leknaat has managed to keep Windy (who would be my pick for #2) at bay for hundreds of years. Leknaat was living on Magician's Island for quite some time and didn't exactly make it a secret as to where she was. She even took a job working as an astrologer for the empire when she knew Windy was associated with it. She has waltzed into Crystal Valley and stolen one of Harmonia's prized magical jewels not once, but twice, and has managed to keep them safe from Harmonia taking them back. Leknaat also has access to visions and cosmic knowledge far beyond the ken of any other mage (Luc can touch upon it, but only Leknaat can see the paths of Fate for what they truly are and understand the outcomes and consequences).

Windy - All power and no control. A neophyte like Ted (SIV SPOILER: who, as we found out in s4, didn't even carry the Soul Eater for most of the 150 years after his village was destroyed) managed to fight her off. Hell, even Tir, who had his Rune for all of five minutes at Seek Valley, can repel her. In S1 Leknaat is not able to banish all of Windy's summoned monsters, but Windy didn't summon all 80,000 of them at once. It seems to me that Windy has been bringing monsters to Toran for quite some time (the man in Rockland says that the monster situation has been getting bad recently) and I don't think anyone could banish all of them in one sitting. Leknaat did between 1/4 to 1/3 of them by herself!

Sarah - A prodigy, to be sure, but power level alone is not enough. She overextended herself on many occasions and her lack of forethought and prudence, makes her weak. Put the two head to head and after Sarah drained all her power throwing illusions around, Leknaat would still be at fighting strength. Don't forget, she looked the fog ship captain in the face (and he had the Soul Eater at the time!) without batting an eye and slapped him down hardcore (explore the subtext of "That is not the role that was given to you" foir a minute. The fact that she has the authority to say that is quite something).

Hikusaak - Just because you bear a True Rune doesn't mean you are an ubermage. HeroIV's magic is only slightly above average, Hugo's is avergae and Chris' is pretty poor. We can't really include him here since we know absolutely nothing about him. Besides, if he was so great, Luc and Sarah would never have been able to have been taken from Crystal Valley. And who did that???

I vote for Leknaat just because she has proven herself. She has thumbed her nose at Harmonia and Windy for years and is still here to show for it. She has knowledge and insight that no one else has and I think she has yet to show the true extent of her powers. People say Luc fought destiny, well she fights it every time she appears in some teenage boy's bedroom in the middle of the night (creepy as that is). Luc may have rushed against fate head-on, but she resists it more subtly ... and more effectively. Look at where Luc's atrategy got him. Having sheer power is fine, but if you don't have the wisdom to use it correctly, you have nothing. Leknaat has shown us she has that widom in spades.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1 - A powerful wizard not only has immense magical power, but also the knowledge of that power. And more than that, a powerful wizard would need to possess a knowledge or power that none other possesses.

2 - I choose Leknaat.

3 - Leknaat is a powerful magic-user who has lived for many centuries. Leknaat's power stems from a True Rune, but it is in no way the extent of her power. Her half of the Gate Rune allows her to send monsters back to the World of Emptiness. Beyond that, she can also summon monsters forth from the World of Emptiness (Luc's summoning powers were taught to him by Leknaat. It is also likely that Sarah's powers were refined and controlled due to Leknaat's tutelage). But Leknaat's REAL power comes not from magical attacking power or the ability to link dimensions and summon creatures. Leknaat has the most powerful skill in all of Suikoden: she knows exactly what the future will hold. Leknaat can somehow see fate unravel and knows what will happen in the future to a certain degree. She can also sense when the True Runes are aligning for battle and the Stars of Destiny will gather. And as the best representation of this power, she ACTS on her knowledge. She helps guide destiny by assisting one side of the True Runes conflict against the other. She knows that her action will lead to a certain outcome. Leknaat is leading human destiny in a certain direction. Whether it's for the best or worse has yet to be seen, and Leknaat certainly isn't telling.

4 - Windy would easily defeat Crowley in a duel. She would see all of his attacks coming and avoid them, and then summon an entire army of monsters to destroy him. Since Leknaat is much older and also because of her immense knowledge of the true nature of the universe, she would have an edge over him. Windy would also be able to take Windy on. Anything Windy summoned would be dismissed by Leknaat. The fact that Windy knew where Leknaat's tower was in Suikoden 1 and yet did nothing to stop her clansister and take the other half of her rune is more proof of her superiority.

So, a re-cap: Leknaat may not have the stomping and destroying power of the other mages, but she has something far better. She can see fate unwind, and she can manipulate it in her favor. Or humanity's favor. Or no one's favor. The possibilities are endless.

^Actual quote!
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1)The most powerful wizard is someone who has control of the most devistating of forces, and the most usefull inside, and out side of battle, and so I name:
2)Vicki
3)Giving you the blinking mirror, and having the ability to comand the most powerful runes. Pale Gate
4)When you look at her next to other wizards so looks like a bumbling fool, but when she gets a spell off, oh boy.
5)Well, If she could could only focus, I believe this wizard could destroy the world.
Caleb Cunningham

The Cunningham Cavalry

-2334 Potch
600 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) Your definition of powerful wizard: Write down what you consider as the criteria for "most powerful wizard" in a single sentence
Someone who can defeat many enemy soldiers in one blow

2) Name of Wizard: Luc

When the Highland and Harmonia troops attack the Dunan army and Luc uses his True Rune to destroy the Enemy soldiers.

Crowley: Luc has superior MAG skill and he also has higher army attack than Crowley.

Sarah: Well she follows him so she must be worse than him.

I believe Luc is the best magician because he is knowledgable about future events in Suikoden 2 and tries to stop them occuring in Suikoden 3 and he never left my party in Suikoden 1 and 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: