Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Historical Trivia!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Suikoden Historical Trivia! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, so sure Suikoden Trivia is overdone, but it can still be lots of fun (and I rhyme, too)! However, in order to try to make things more fun and more informative for everyone involved I am proposing a twist to this trivia topic, in the form of two guidelines. They are not compulsory, but I would suggest that everyone follow them as it will make the whole experience better:

1) Try not to use resources straight away to find out the answer. Anyone can just log onto Suikosource or the SARS main page in order to find out answers to the questions, but that takes away from the fun of it. Try to answer from memory if possible, but if no one has answered within about 24 hours, THEN feel free to consult a website to try and find the answer. If no one has answered within 3 days (72 hours) then the original poster of the question may post the answer and give another question, or let someone else post a new question.

2) This is the big twist, but I propose that everyone who asks a question makes the question consist of two parts, the second part asking about something to do with the real world and history, geography, anthropology or something similar. This way we can learn about our own world while learning about Suikoden. If you can't think of a question, then the person that answers can just provide an interesting, but related fact. Obviously research is allowed for this 'real world' fact and indeed the longer and more in depth your response, the better. You'll see how this works with my question below.

QUESTION: Part 1-What does Hugo's name mean in Karayan?

Part 2- In the real world what is the etymology of the name 'Hugo'? Try to provide some details regarding the meaning and origins of the name, as well as countries in which the name is used.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Part1. I think Hugo is karayan for feather.

Part2. I have no idea what it means.
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Saben wrote:
Obviously research is allowed for this 'real world' fact and indeed the longer and more in depth your response, the better.

Try to look up the answer to the second part somewhere online, provide us with some interesting information about "Hugo"

Also, sorry I didn't clarify earlier, but when you answer correctly (just assume that you do) it is then your turn to ask the next question. So give it another shot to answering the second part and asking your own question, or if someone else wants to answer and ask instead, then that is fine, too.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ubertronmanguy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All I could find on Hugo was that the name is the german version of Hugh and that it means bright in mind and spirit. and if that's good enough here's my question

1.Who commanded Barbarosa's naval forces during the succesion war?

2.What two forces fought aganist each other in the battle of Actium?(its sort of related they are both naval questions)
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Er, manguy:
Quote:
1) Try not to use resources straight away to find out the answer.

And to stay on topic, I believe that Hugo is "arrow feather" in Karayan, and not just "feather".
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1.Who commanded Barbarosa's naval forces during the succesion war?
I believe it was Kilawher Shulen

2. What two forces fought aganist each other in the battle of Actium?
Octavian vs. Marc Antony(sp?)

On the condition that I was correct:

1: From the original story, Shui Hu Zhuan, there was a generous nobleman who would house members of the fraternity of gallant men, and give them aid. What is this man's title? ie:) Sung Chiang's title is the "Opportunate Rain".

2: Name the character from Suikoden who best corresponds with the above man.
ubertronmanguy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lebennegel I only searched for the meanig of the name Hugo in the real world which is allowed check Saben's post. And yes Marshmallow you were correct and is it ok if i refer to you as Stay Puff. :mrgreen:
meeluthebold

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hugo is Scandinavian or something for "Mind, body and soul." Not sure about the origin, but the meaning is right.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, since nobody answered mine, they are
1. "The Little Whirlwind"
2. Warren

New Question: Name five pairs of blood-related stars of destiny (They must be in the same game, and no repetitions like Chris/Jimba & Jimba/ Luce (though it wouldn't work anyway because they aren't blood related))
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hugo/Lucia, Chris/Wyatt, Billy/Melville, Caesar/Albert, Luc/Sasarai(They're clones, so i guess blood related as well?) Luce/Lulu... But well... Lulu isn't an SOD...

If this works then...

Name 7 characters not from S3 that originated from the Grasslands...

Last edited by Kobold on Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jeez, and all from Suikoden III. I was hoping for a little variety. Nevertheless, you got it right.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You said they must be from the same game... And well, since S3 was the last suikoden i played, it's the freshest in my mind...
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Name 7 characters not from gensui 3, who are from the grasslands?
this was a hard question, and I don't think I got them all, but here's my guess.

I know Eilie and Rina are from there, I'm not sure about Bolgan... (I have to re-play gaiden 2) Bob from gensui 2 was from the grasslands, and Camus was from Camaro? which I think is in the grasslands... he had some connection there... erm... also from gaiden 2, Maki (camus' uh, friend? the chick from the beginning of the game) I think she's from the grasslands too.

that's 5, or 6 if Bolgan's a grasslander, but something tells me he's not.
1. Eilie
2. Rina
3. Bob
4. Camus
5. Maki

...then if you wanted to count Lucia, who yes, is in gensui 3, but she's also in 2! (okay that's cheating, I know. and her father was mentioned in the game... even more cheating here...) I'll just say I got 5 and be done with it, because I can't remember gensui 1 enough to try and recall characters from that.
Though some of the characters I listed could easily be wrong too.

I want to know who the others are! Someone answer this question! *laugh* It's too hard for me!
At least I tried...
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kobold wrote:
You said they must be from the same game... And well, since S3 was the last suikoden i played, it's the freshest in my mind...

Yeah, meaning the PAIRS have to be from the same game, to eliminate pairs like Ronnie Bell and Emily or Milia and Sharon.
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hanna is another. Though my brain isn't functioning well right now. *goes to look up the answer but not reply to sate his curiosity*
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: