Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children trailer.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VINCENT05

Harmonian Death Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard that it was released in Japan on the 13th, because the U.S. still hasn't finished the voice acting. I also heard that when it arrives in the U.S., it won't come with the Last Order DVD, which makes me very mad.

runemaster wrote:
Are there any estimates of the price?

I haven't heard anything on a price yet, but it will problably be cheap in the U.S. considering the fact that we won't get all those nice extras like Japan is. I hope it isn't true.

h i k a r i a

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

apathy wrote:
i downloaded the fan sub and watched it today. i think it is a great movie and i will definetly buy it when it is released in the u.s.

You're so lucky~ I'm still downloading the movie at the moment. I'm glad that there's a lot of seeders at the moment so it shouldn't take too long. I'm planning to buy the DVD when it is release in the U.S as well, but the release will be in the English version, right? I'm hoping to buy the Japanese version with the English subtitles (I should've pre-ordered the movie when I had the chance... >__< ). Hopefully, I can find a original copy, eh, somewhere. ^^;

Also, does anybody know the tracklisting of the Advent Children soundtrack and will that be release in the US too? I heard they made a few new versions of the music and "One Winged Angel" seems to be one of them. (yay! ) :)

Quote:
Advent Children: Advent Pieces Limited Edition:

Oh this is the master of my woes; this mega-collectible pack that gets released in Japan in the 14th along with the rest of the Editions, this mega pack consists of the DVD, an action figure of Cloud on his bike an extra Making of DVD a cap a T-shirt a Key-chain (serial numbered thank you very much) and a replica of the voice recording script AND (yes there's more) a Final Fantasy VII International Special Edition all that priced around $300!!!

Damn....Some places over here sell the Limited Edition Package for $450...+ tax. @__@
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finished getting this movie on the twelve of september as soon as it came out for torrents on the box... and i've been seeding since for my ratio on the site :) seeding at 35 kbps, it would be more but i'm downloading other things ya know...

anyway, my thought on the movie without spoilers...
it was good... but was also a disappointment... the story was well... was there even a story to begin with, whatever it was it was not good... the graphics were obviously.. great, the best i've seen i think, the sounds weren't the best but they were good... could get rather annoying listening to the remixed tracks of final fantasy VII though, and i didn't like all the scratching sounds for where the screen kept going flashy blue eand such near the end...(i watched it on a rather high level volume) sure the action was good... BUT, it just seemed... random, the camera like... following the action was poor and kept switching angles at a high speed ya can just barely follow what's going on in some battles...

the movie was like... meaningless battles after battle with no time ta let ya breath, it seemed like 90 percent of the movie was fights which ain't bad lol but i wanted to see some sort of story to it ... i think the concept of the story weren't bad... so overall this movie is great... but it definately could have been better... much better... and i did not pay mush attention to the hypes coming from the fans of the game...
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i read today that it will be released in the u.s. on november 13 with a price of $28. that is the usual price for anime dvd's in the mall around here so it isn't a big deal to me but you could probably get it for around $20 on most internet anime stores.

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Advent Children is Dragon Ball Z remastered.
Odessa++

11000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i watched it a week ago, i was most impressed

and i can be really picky on how the story line goes and should be... i think it was flawless

perfect!

and it is wrong for me to think that some of the characters look hot :|
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Odessa++ wrote:
i watched it a week ago, i was most impressed

and i can be really picky on how the story line goes and should be... i think it was flawless

perfect!

and it is wrong for me to think that some of the characters look hot :|

bah i don't think so. ( while its true some chararter wre hot.... hahaah tifa.... yummy!!!)

perfect?? i don't think so, i noticed many flaws and errors ( some more apparent than others...)

( do not highlight the balck caracter if you don't want SPOILER)

the is particularly two wich i have noticed the less obvious: cloud in the game has bright green eyes because of the mako... check his face on the screen menu yet in the movie he has blue eyes)

the most obvious: Tseng is alive!!! he saves rufus from a death fall!! yet he was killed by sephiroth in the temple of ancient! we all see sephiroth slashing trought tseng's abodmen and him saying to cloud that tseng joined in the life stream!

its was more than excellent.. but to say it was perfect is a little too much. tought i really LOVED the movie! :P

Last edited by Cyrano on Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good movie, while it had some flaws, the fanservice made up for that.
h i k a r i a

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The movie was really impressing, but then there were a few errors too. Like, **spoiler??** I was surprised to see Tseng alive in the movie too!! So I'm agreeing with Cyrano on this one.... ***end* They seemed to have concentrated too much on making the movie pretty and all that they didn't seem to notice the typo error on one of the signs. =__= That was the most obvious one I've noticed throughout the whole movie. But overall, I loved the movie very much! ^^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have only been able to download a version without subs. Can someone tell me where i can get the torrent of the english subbed version?

Even without being able to understand the movie, the graphics are amazing, as well as the fight scenes, and I will definitely be buying the American release.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen it a few times now, and came off very impressed by it. Naturally, I wasn't expecting some huge, epic story to happen, because you just can't do that as well with a movie as you can with a video game, but whatever. I gather that The 'Geostigma' is a product of latent Jenova cells in the body, and Kadaj with his gang activates them, and when he turns into Sephiroth, it's because he has the most power, and of course had the Jenova cells.

Overall, what I really liked was the characters. It was good to see everybody again, and they all looked a thousand times better. I wanted more Aeris, but I can't really complain. The Fight Scenes are breathtaking, especially the Fight with whichever WEAPON Kadaj summoned and the ensuing bike chase. The graphics, which I believe are going to be the requisite next-gen graphics, are phenomenal, and I really enjoyed this Movie.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think next-gen can put out graphics like that. Remember when PS2 was being hyped and they said it'd reproduce in-game graphics that match Final Fantasy Spirits Within. I wouldn't be surprised if the movie took 6 months just to render on dedicated render farms.

But I agree, it was surprisingly pretty good. I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised by a story that at least paid homage to parts of the game. Of course, the fight scenes were great, animation top notch and the characters just how I remembered them.

I don't know about you guys, but there were a lot of nostalgic moments in the movie for me. From seeing the 3 guys (Yuffie, Cid, Vincent I think?) line up right before fighting bahamut, like they were setting up for a standard battle in the game. It was a very short scene, but it seemed really cool. The ringtone on the phone was another that seemed to me to be perfectly placed. There were a bunch of others like mega flare, the turks music, etc. I've started replaying FFVII because of the movie.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SPOILERS DON'T HIGHLIGHT THE BLACK LETTERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE

Spoiler start: What Kadaj Summoned was Bahamut, and not a Weapon (weapons were created by the planet to protect it by killing living creatures on it in order to return them to the lifestream and thus back to the planet) from the summon materia he stole, also if I remember correctly in Final Fantasy VII the were some tattooed guys (like Red XIII) that had Jenova's cell's along with Cloud and the successful Hojo experiment Sephiroth, you hear them mentioned in Final Fantasy VII and that they ware black clothes, I'm guessing that was the group of Advent Children, also the Geostigma is the Jenova cell's poisoning...

Now I liked the movie all in all but I felt that Sephiroth was pushed on us somehow, he just popped by had another duel with Cloud and left just like that, I mean he came back just to make us happy and not because the plot really needed him, and what about that deal with Tseng, it is a very obvious plot hole so I'm guessing they will have some way to justify it, unless it was just to please the fans...

I didn't like the deal with Cell phones either it seemed out of place somehow too mundane for the Final Fantasy world, I also didn't like Barret's apparel or haircut, and for some reason Marlene seems a lot different than her game model, she seems Japanese while no such orientation was given in-game...

I'm also perplexed by Aeris significance in the movie, was it just symbolic to Cloud or did it have a real practical implication, which gives the suggestion that Aeris is not one with the Lifestream...

Well other than that it was a great movie and I can even hope for a sequel which will sure follow if this proves successful enough, unless Square doesn't want to push the Final Fantasy VII revival too far...
Spoilers End...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: