Suikoden United and Informational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children trailer.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sephiroth is seen at the very end of the fourth trailer. And I'm pretty sure that's him with the white robe on.

I was never an FF7 fan but now I'll have to play the game again in preperation for this movie.

I also heard it was getting a PSP-only release. But then others say it'll get a DVD release. And the first trailer said it was getting a 2004 release. So whats the story?

^Actual quote!
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:

I also heard it was getting a PSP-only release.

Ahh..I really hope this isn't the case. I mean I really want to see this thing but I can't be arsed to pay $300 for a PSP. If Square-Enix is smart they'll give it a DVD release to sell more copies. But I too am curious about the release date. I thought it was supposed to come out in Japan a year ago?
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's been pushed back just like EVERYTHING else recently. The trailer is great. It was good to hear One Winged Angel again.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be illogical to make it a PSP only release, unless its considerd a "reward" for buying a PSP, mainly because they loose out bigtime and they ammount of customers is lower, not only that, but to retaliate more pepople would see it as reason to pirate the film over the intenet. come on, lets say its 20-30 dollars, then a PSP is 300, there'd be a greater chance for a DVD, at how ever much it is (i find them too expencive, 30 dollars for an anime DVD?). They'd be stupid to do that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, it has been confirmed for a DVD release. The PSP release is just an incentive for those who have one. As for it's release date, well, you know how it goes with games and movies. Considering that Advent Children is a CG movie, I've heard that the rendering time took longer than expected. So, I'm guessing that the actual run-time of the movie exceeds their original expected hour and a half mark. Whether they're going to keep that or simply cut some 'unnecessary scenes' is up to S-E. I hope they keep the scenes though. It would really disappoint me if they were to make such a movie limited to just an hour and a half.
VINCENT05

Harmonian Death Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think Final Fantasy 7-Advent Children is going to be bad at all. It is going to be an awesome CG movie. I just hope they keep the story just as good as the game was. Oh I heard from a guy at Gamestop that said they gave an official release date for it. Its September 20th. He attended the E3 meeting and they told him. I have also talked to people who have seen this announcement on the internet. But personally i haven't seen anything saying this. Has anybody else heard that E3 announced a date for September. If that is the official date date for the movie, all i got to say is, its about time.

Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Sephiroth is seen at the very end of the fourth trailer. And I'm pretty sure that's him with the white robe on.

Are you reffering to the man in the wheel chair? I have adequate reason to believe this man is Rufus. My friend asked our school's Japanese teacher to translate some stuff and that man in the wheelchair as addressed as President. That would lead me to believe that it is indeed Rufus who we all thought died in FFVII due to the shots being shot by Diamond Weapon. Technically, it didn't show him dying so there is a possibility that it is him. That's what I think.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The panthers and the turks also easily give his identity away. I guess we're really supposed to know he's alive before we see it.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Yes I know is a bit early but the movie is finally released upon the world on September 14th.

I made this post now to inform people about the DVD and UMD versions of Advent Children and news on a theatrical release, when the movie comes out I will ask mods to add a spoiler tag so we can talk of the happenings of the movie.

So:

Advent Children DVD (First Print Limited Edition):

Well is exactly the same as the ordinary edition only with more collectible value since it has a special packaging and comes at the same price as the ordinary DVD, the number of these DVD's are numbered so if you are a collector better rush ahead and pre-order this version from your favorite retailer.

Advent Children DVD:

Well this is the DVD version of the movie all Final Fantasy fans have being waiting for it comes out in 14th of December in Japan (I'm not sure about the US so if someone can share more info I will be thankful) and is priced around $50, the Japanese version will have English subtitles but as of now is not known whether is going to have English voice over (highly unlikely).

Advent Children: Advent Pieces Limited Edition:

Oh this is the master of my woes; this mega-collectible pack that gets released in Japan in the 14th along with the rest of the Editions, this mega pack consists of the DVD, an action figure of Cloud on his bike an extra Making of DVD a cap a T-shirt a Key-chain (serial numbered thank you very much) and a replica of the voice recording script AND (yes there's more) a Final Fantasy VII International Special Edition all that priced around $300!!!

The above piece is only for collector's and hardcore Final Fantasy fans that is why most pre-orders are already filled, if you haven't order this piece already then best luck finding it on eBay, if a US similar version follows is currently unknown but an exact US version seems unlikely.

Here are some pictures of the stuff courtesy of Play Asia:

The package: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-80-1-70-q1f.html

The Key Chain: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-80-1-70-q1f.html

The T-Shirt (which probably won't fit me): http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-80-1-70-q1f.html

The Cap and the Voice Record Replica (I guess): http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-80-1-70-q1f.html

The Action Figure: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-80-1-70-q1f.html

The PS1 FF VII Game: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-80-1-70-q1f.html (this is apparently the book version which means that the actual one may be different, I'll let you know once I receive the package)

Enough to make drool for weeks.

Advent Children PSP UMD:

Yes the UMD version for the PSP will be released simultaneously in Japan on the 14th of September only for those with a PSP that want their movies on the go or for crazy collectors like me.

Advent Children OST:

Scheduled to be released in Japan on September 28 this is the OST of the movie and all those remixed tunes from VII.

Advent Children Action Figures:

Yes the milking continues, square has ALREADY released yes that is right this action figures are already out three action figures so far with I'm sure more to follow , with so far Tifa, Vincent and no one else but Sephiroth, again for the collector, hardcore fan or hobbyist.

Theatrical Release:

Don't get exited and is not for you or me, SquareEnix will hold screenings in Japan from the 10th to the 16th and ONLY to members of the Shinra official Square Fan club in three major Japanese cities.

Bugger for the rest of us, at this time a US screening hasn't been specified.

That is all now we eagerly waiting for the movie and my pocket not so eagerly waiting to be emptied.

*Take note that the above version are all Japanese I will appreciate if anyone could give us any info on the US versions also all DVD's are Region 2 NTSC.

Sorry sybillious I did research but I didn't find anything, it was probably the name of this thread that was the problem and the last post here was back in June, thanks Leb for finding it for me.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

June wasn't that long ago, so it'll be fine to revive it with that big of a post.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes I suppose.

Could you edit the title and remove the "New" and the "Trailer"?

Is not going to be about that anymore and that is probably why I didn't find it when I searched "Advent Children", since the movie is coming up in a few days (20 days or so) the discussions would be based mostly on the contents of the movie and its release, I will also ask you to put a spoiler tag at the time to avoid spoiling people.
Zero

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It will be out on the PSP first though, just so everyone's aware. It wont come to DVD until about three months after it's PSP release, as they had intended to begin with. Origionally it wasn't going to be on DVD at all though, which is probably why a lot of you heard that. It was going to be more or less a tribute to Sony after being it's exclusive holder for almost ten years now.

Of course, in retrospect they made the wise decision, they're going to make a f***ton of money off of this, so it's not going to be an issue. Anyone who hasn't played FFVII though, I strongly advise you to, n00bs. I believe Sephiroth was kept looking practically the same though, he should be clad in his black outfit. Though, they did make him usually pale so it looks a lot like a Goth in my opinion. Don't take offence to that, it's just the best reference I can think of right now.

Julious Cezar
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Incorrect, Zero. Advent Children will be released in DVD and UMD formats in the same two-day span in North America and Japan-- September 13th/14th.

Tribute, my ass. For a few months, it looked like it wasn't going to be on the PSP.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
I have adequate reason to believe this man is Rufus.

I also believe it is so. Why else would there be the Shinra symbol located behind him?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps because Shinra still exists as a company? *shock*

To be honest, I think it's him as well, but that's because Square-Enix has a "robed returning characters in wheelchairs" fetish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: