Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A Suikoden 3 continuation (posssible spoiler)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: A Suikoden 3 continuation (posssible spoiler) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish suikoden 4 was a sequal instead of a prequal. I would rather find out what happened to the grassland and it's people. I was hoping the next suikoden showed a older and more experienced Hugo who has better control over his true fire rune. Not to mention I gained a small connection to all the stars of the game. Thomas would be a good canidate for the true wind rune. At first I couldn't picture Tir, Riou with Suiko3 graphics but after seeing futch, and Viki, I could picture them. Not to mention There was hardly any bo/stick/staff users. Aside from Wan Fu. :idea:
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Granted, there would definitely be a new Suikoden set after III's timeframe, especially if they actually plan to wrap up the whole story somehow. The only question left would be when.

Nonetheless, it would be more probable for a new game to not take place in the same area as a previous one. Actually, it is the better option. Our view of the Suikoden world is already limited as it is, and returning to a previously revealed region would seriously slow the progress even more.

Perhaps, a better option would be to cover a neighbouring region instead; maybe the Northern Outlands (in the north) or southern area of Grasslands, where the larger part of expanded Tinto Republic is located. Or perhaps, to the west across the sea? The Western Continent, but that'd be too far, eh. Harmonia would be a good choice too, but it'd be even more interesting if the "finale" does not take place there.

Conversely, I do hope that there is a direct sequel to IV... somehow.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Frankly, i just hope the sequels keep coming, and suikoden never ending...

Of course, this is probably just my wishful thinking... Sigh....
Leo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they make one and Hugo is in it again, I really doubt that Hugo would be the main character, they never really make a person the main character twice, it is unfair. Though you have to think, if it takes place in the Tinto Republic, what possible True Rune could it be about. I personally want something that has to do with the Howling Voice Guild, maybe Clive has become the Guild master and all will be awsome under his control.
ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Clive became the guild master at some point between suikoden 2&3.
Shiva

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: A Suikoden 3 continuation (posssible spoiler) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tekknopirate wrote:
Thomas would be a good canidate for the true wind rune.

Finally, someone who thinks the same thing I do! :D I think I've been saying this ever since last year... I mean the only person in the game who had a better wind magic rating than Thomas was Luc. And he's the only Tenkai star so far that didn't inherit a rune... however, inheriting Luc's memories along with it could turn Thomas from cheerful to angsty REAL quick. ^^;
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Still, i believe Thomas's natural mellow nature will balance the True Wind rune's nature..

You see, Luc was created as a clone.. Empty and sort of without a personality. Thus, the true wind rune had a lot of effect on him. But Thomas, someone who is always calm, mellow and all goody would prove to be a suitable candidate for the true wind rune.

So yeah.. Thats a good thinking. I'm beginning to agree that Thomas should get the True wind rune... But hey, its Konami's decision, and well... Sadly, what are the chances?
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did you guys stop to think that that's why they didn't make Sui 4 a sequel?
I mean...that was th big thing in 3. Luc wanted to free himself from the rune, to see if the world could stay in balance.

A character like Thomas....Sure' perfect candidate. But who said that the Wind Rune would reincarnate, and find itself another host. In my eyes, like Luc say, they lived in freedom to a point. The runes held them down. Wasn't Luc trying to prove that they didn't need runes to live? Technically, if one elemental source is destroyed, that element should be destroyed (Based off simple logic. If the source is destroyed, then everything created from that source should be. In runic logical, the universe began with the two runes, and the rest we created after. Those runes shaped everything. If one's destroyed, shouldn't that kill everything associated with it?)
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The universe began with two runes? I didn't know that Darkness and her children were runes too? I thought only those 27 jewels that came off from the original Sword and Shield became True Runes?

There are original runes with higher order than the True Runes? Hmm.... fascinating.
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm surprised that the True Wind Rune allowed Luc to die, unless he didn't die and just ended up in a form of stasis.

Here's my theory. Luc and Sasarai were both created for the sole purpose of bearing True Runes. Since they were both artificially created to bear the Runes of Wind and Earth, the Runes, in a sense, would actually be their souls. They themselves would be the True Runes, not just the bearers. It would explain how they were able to be created in the first place.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder what the original plot for Luc was since Suikoden 3 went through quite a few(understatement?) changes before it was released.

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, my thinking would be, if there is gonna be a sequel to 3, it should involve Hikusaak showing himself. One of his true rune bearers is dead. Chances that he'll be appearing soon are high...

Then again, we can only speculate...
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ya I would like a sequel better, also, But then again, maybe their getting ready to put Thomas, Tir, Jowy, Chris, Geddoe, Hugo, Riou, Millia, and Sasari in 5, as taken place in Harmonia with special geust whoever the hero of 4 is.
Smirn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me, the third installment really didn't hold many characters that I would like or even care to hear about what happened in their further lives. Save for Albert Silverberg, but that's mainly due him being a Silverberg than anything else. What happened to yuber isn't really an issue.

Another gripe I have with Sui III is the poor characterization they made for Sarah and Luc. I'm under the impression you have to feel sorry for their deaths at the end, but the opposite is fact. At least, for me. Their side of the story was fired at you in such a short period of time and poorly executed that I really couldn't be bothered with their views. With that, I finished Sui III with a big fat meh.

Thinking about it now, many chars lacken personality due to various aspects (the really bland and boring clothing for the supposedly extrovert and colorful Augustine is one) and they all measure up to me not really caring what happened to them afterwards.
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: A Suikoden 3 continuation (posssible spoiler) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tekknopirate wrote:
Thomas would be a good canidate for the true wind rune.

Finally, someone who thinks the same thing I do! :D I think I've been saying this ever since last year... I mean the only person in the game who had a better wind magic rating than Thomas was Luc. And he's the only Tenkai star so far that didn't inherit a rune... however, inheriting Luc's memories along with it could turn Thomas from cheerful to angsty REAL quick. ^^;
~Shiva~

Yeah i always felt that thomas wasent given as much credit as he deserved. He should have more invovlement in the story and should have been the succesor to the flame champion. I have him built up and the end of the game and hes something of a powerhouse (about to use in the final battle along with ailla and the true rune bearers)

For me, the third installment really didn't hold many characters that I would like or even care to hear about what happened in their further lives. Save for Albert Silverberg, but that's mainly due him being a Silverberg than anything else. What happened to yuber isn't really an issue.

Another gripe I have with Sui III is the poor characterization they made for Sarah and Luc. I'm under the impression you have to feel sorry for their deaths at the end, but the opposite is fact. At least, for me. Their side of the story was fired at you in such a short period of time and poorly executed that I really couldn't be bothered with their views. With that, I finished Sui III with a big fat meh.

Thinking about it now, many chars lacken personality due to various aspects (the really bland and boring clothing for the supposedly extrovert and colorful Augustine is one) and they all measure up to me not really caring what happened to them afterwards.

~Smirn~

well I never cared for luc much but i did like sarah's charecthor a great deal. And since leknaat felt sorry for them and blessed thier souls so they could live in the afterlife that kinda makes me feel the same way.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

The universe began with two runes? I didn't know that Darkness and her children were runes too? I thought only those 27 jewels that came off from the original Sword and Shield became True Runes?

The sword and shield, I always though and read, were the Shining Shield and Black Sword runes. That's why they were always seperate. Why do you think together they are called the rune of beg
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: