Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The NFL season and post-season thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since the playoffs are coming up, I'd like to tell Samurai that I'm looking at my old hat at this very moment.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Samurai, if you didn't catch the joke about my predictions... well I won't draw your attention to it now! I am always right! (Except for my Oklahoma prediction, that was just a typo *cough*) 55-19 USC? What happened here!?!?

I said the Jets were the least-deserving team among the Bills, Ravens, and Jags, not that they didn't have a good season before this past month. They did earn their spot in the playoffs, but I would much rather have seen the Bills in that position (too bad they couldn't beat Pittsburgh, because now that I think about it Denver was pretty undeserving a playoff bid as well).

I just don't think the Jets can put up enough offense (unless Curtis Martin continues to carry the team) to get past the Chargers. Pennington has just been mediocre. I can't really see them making it far in the playoffs, but as Chris Berman says "That's why they play the game."

Good luck to your squad this weekend!

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Since the playoffs are coming up, I'd like to tell Samurai that I'm looking at my old hat at this very moment.

lol

Quote:
Samurai, if you didn't catch the joke about my predictions... well I won't draw your attention to it now! I am always right! (Except for my Oklahoma prediction, that was just a typo *cough*) 55-19 USC? What happened here!?!?

Haha, nah I caught your joke. I was just saying how my picks were going. You'd be a rich man if you could always get you picks right :wink:
But the Oklahoma/USC game surprised me aswell, too bad it was such a blowout.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Bills in the Jets position either. Ever since Drew Bledsoe left New England, he has become one of my favorite players. I would much rather have him than Pennington at the moment. As you said, Pennington has been very mediocre, especially in the games that matter. Sometimes I wish we still had Testerverde.

Quote:
Good luck to your squad this weekend!

Good luck to the Packers too, and all the other teams in the playoffs!
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry to saySamurai X, but Bledsoe is not a good quarterback. At all.

Regardless...I don't much care what happens this weekend, the Pats have a bye...so it's just wait-and-see. I doubt any team can beat the Pats other than Pittsburgh...the Pats have creamed every other team in contention, multiple times.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lunarblade,

All I said was that Bledsoe became one of my favorite players once he left New England. But he was obviously good enough to lead the Patriots to two superbowls. The Pats would never have won their first superbowl if it wasn't for him stepping up and winning them the AFC championship.

Quote:
Regardless...I don't much care what happens this weekend, the Pats have a bye...so it's just wait-and-see. I doubt any team can beat the Pats other than Pittsburgh...the Pats have creamed every other team in contention, multiple times.

Creamed? What about those Dolphins? The Pats have had plenty of close games this year. The only three teams they blew out this season were the Browns, Bills, and Ravens.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Pats went 14-2 without Ty Law in the secondary. That's impressive to me. He'll be fresh for the post-season, and that makes the Pats more dangerous. I'd love to see a Patriot-Steeler rematch in the AFC Championship (the winner will likely go on to win the Super Bowl).

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WHAT THE HELL, SAN DIEGO.

That went from "The Miracle at Qualcomm" to "Kaeding Must Die".
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

All I said was that Bledsoe became one of my favorite players once he left New England. But he was obviously good enough to lead the Patriots to two superbowls. The Pats would never have won their first superbowl if it wasn't for him stepping up and winning them the AFC championship.

Creamed? What about those Dolphins? The Pats have had plenty of close games this year. The only three teams they blew out this season were the Browns, Bills, and Ravens.

Your first point is true, Bledsoe did well early on, and he was clutch in that AFC game, but his days of glory have been over for a while. As for losing to the Dolphins, remember that the Patriots have still gone 14-2 without Law and other key players. That's hella good. Regardless, I am still not scared of any team except Pittsburgh (and I still think they have a good chance). Keep in mind though that Ty Law is gone for the playoffs.
Oh, and congrats to the Jets, though I must say that I can't see them beating the Steelers.

Sinocard wrote:
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whew! I was on the edge of my seat. I feel bad for Kaeding though, he will remember that for the rest of his life.

Quote:
That went from "The Miracle at Qualcomm" to "Kaeding Must Die".

Jet fans went from "Barton must die" to "thank god for Brien".

Well Lebenengel, at least your chances of having to eat your hat have decreased. I was 0-2 today :(

And LunarBlade, I wish the Jets were as good as the Pats and had a 14-2 record. No doubt they are a good team, but here's hoping for an upset next week against the Steelers. Unless of course, the Broncos do the impossible and beat the Colts which would ruin my predictions and the Jets would face the Pats instead.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, Samurai I take back anything I said about the Jets. They played their hearts out today! I feel bad the Chargers lost that way, but they're still young and they'll be back. The Jets played like they wanted to be there--I was very impressed. Good luck next week, whoever it is you have to play!

Man, the Rams-Seahawks game was great too! What a way to start off the Playoffs, huh? Two nail-biters, several memerable drives and plays from both games! And both away teams won today--impressive!

I hope the Packers break that trend tomorrow; I couldn't bear to lose to the Viqueens at Lambeau. I'm predicting another close game here, with a Packers victory 28-24.

The Colts I think will destroy the Broncos with a rested Manning at the helm, but nothing is for certain these days. I will say 31-21 Colts.

Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still cant believe the Seahawks lost that game but I guess we could live with that since im not even from the US thats no big deal though as I didnt really think they would be going anywhere anyways. In the end I see the Colts with Manning at the helm if all goes well and someone doesnt injure him then I see them winning the Super Bowl this year. They've got things going for them and if not winning it I do see them taking it to the Super Bowl at least. However who can seriously bet against the Patriots aside from with the Colts? I didnt think so.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They've got an offense going for them. Their defense can't stop shit.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

And LunarBlade, I wish the Jets were as good as the Pats and had a 14-2 record. No doubt they are a good team, but here's hoping for an upset next week against the Steelers. Unless of course, the Broncos do the impossible and beat the Colts which would ruin my predictions and the Jets would face the Pats instead.

Hey, I'll be rooting for the Jets next week too, if only because I feel more confident with the Pats going against the Jets rather than the Steelers, sorry. (Plus, the Pittsburgh fans are starting to get on my nerves a bit.) I wish them well. As for next week, it's the Colts for us...it should be tough but I think the Pats have proven time and time again that they can beat the Colts. We'll see though, both teams are rolling into the playoffs so it'll be very close (in which case I have confidence in Adam Vinaterri's foot :mrgreen: )
I fully expect the Packers to hand the Vikings' collective arses to them tonight.

Sinocard wrote:
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats it! I refuse to pick games more than one week in advance. The Vikings chose the worst day to learn how to play defense, but the Packers offense made them look even better than they should have. It really is too bad, except for a few big plays the Packers D finally came to play. If they can get the O and the D clicking at the same time next year, they will be a team to watch out for.

I wonder if this game will save Tice's job. It probably will, though I wouldn't mind seeing Cottrell become Head Coach. He has proven to be a good defensive coordinator and I felt it was unfair the way the Jets blamed their defensive problems on him when he was there. Moss by the way, was very unclassy.

My picks have done terrible and I will hold them off for a little bit. Err, I need to rethink them. I still think the Colts will come out of the AFC, but the NFC is in the air. Come on Indy, don't make me look like a complete idiot!
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*crawls out of sock drawer*

I have no comments as far as the Packer-Viking game goes... I am at a loss for words. I love my team, but I didnt' seriously think we would make the Super Bowl with our lousy defense... this loss just hurts more because it was Minnesota who knocked us out....

*crawls back into sock drawer, crying gently*

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: