Suikoden United and Irrational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Problem: Top Page message board headlines

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Problem: Top Page message board headlines Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have come to realize that when you view the top page, it automatically makes everything on the board "read" which can be a royal pain. This is due to the fact that the "news headlies" script makes you access the board and thus you woudld have technically "visited" the board.

If this proves to be annoying others, I may remove the feature (again).
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I was wondering why nothing was appearing as "new topic" in the forum when I saw that the threads had new stuff in them.

What does the "news headlies" script do anyways? I mean whats its purpose?

I for one think its a lil annoying but if the advantages of news headlies are better then keep it as is.

Another thing I found out that I wanted to ask about was that only the Forum Index has the "view your posts" option. Is it hard to add that link to the page that confirms you got soldiers and asks you if you want to view the posts or go to index, as it would help out a lot when we need to answer all our posts.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the best thing to do in such cases is to simply press "back." That would be the featest because you won't have to re-load.

The new headlies script allows active threads to be displayed on the index page of the site. It may help in acquiring new members for the site, etc. But it does add a significant load time lag to the index.html as well.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea I generally try and flick through several browsers at once, but was just thinkin of it for conveniance if it wasn't hard enough. If its a problem to programthen forget it.

I see about the headlies. Didn't know it was called that. No the strange thing that happened to me today (which is what I thought you were talking about was that as soon as I came in to suikox, there were no flames even though it had (3/1/4 new topics) on the side. And I knew they were new as I was the last one to post in a few of them. Its been acting up today....asides from that it ran fine.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: