Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Editorial: La Pucelle: Tactics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Editorial: La Pucelle: Tactics Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Article URL--
http://suikox.com/ed/lapucelle41211.html

Please discuss the article here. I am interested in feedback, especially regarding the following points--

1. Do you think I am insane for writing a review for another game, or would you like me to make such comparisons in the future again?

2. What did you like/dislike about the article?

3. Did the article make you want to buy the game?
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With a review like that I really want to play that game. For you to compare it to Suikoden is pretty cool.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, you see, I wanted to get my money while making sure I don't forget this is a Suikoden site. The same advertiser wanted me to advertise some Shell gas card, but I had to decline that one!
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi. Ok, enough chit chat, to the point:

1. Do you think I am insane for writing a review for another game, or would you like me to make such comparisons in the future again?

Do i think you are insane for reviewing another game? No. Would i like to see more comparisons later in the future? Perhaps so.

There wasn't anything i disliked about it. You gave a description on plot, gameplay, sound and playability. I did like the slideshow. Thank you for that.

er, not really. You convinced me that it's a pretty good game, that any RPGer you like to get, but i'm limiting myself for the must haves. Like Suikoden IV
:D

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If writing a review for a game makes you insane then I'm guilty of the sam charge. Its good that it has grounds with Suikoden as it appeals because of it.

I think its a great game. I also like the SRPG system and good stories and chracter developments so I liked that you coverer all of that.

Definatelly. It seems like something I'd have fun playing. I'd still wait to see more screenshots though before buying.
Satyr2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Do you think I am insane for writing a review for another game? we all have to find something for the long wait of SIV, why not write a review for it. would you liker me to make suck aomparisons in the future again? sure, doesnt hurt to do things that arent Suikoden.

2. What did you like/dislike about the article? It covered all the areas needed to be a good review, and it even had a slide show.

3. Did the article make you want to buy the game? I had been seriously thinking about buying the game earlier, the article definately helped.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sure most saw my rather lengthy review of Snake Eater in the general room. If you're insane because of this review, i must be mental or something (well, i am, but that's unrelated.) I would like more reviews and comparisons, yeah. However, i would rather have a separate section specially for reviews (be it on the site or the forum, or both), and keep the editorial space for...um..that, the editorials. In fact, i was thinking of making a topic about the "review room" idea a while back.

It's pretty good, describes the game very well. I don't think there's anything i dislike particularly. Other than that the Prier - Nanami comparison fell a bit short. To me, Prier is like Nanami on crack =P

No. Moslty because i've had the game for quite some time now. Sorry, but you're not convincing enough to make me buy something twice.
It's all good.

All the way to the edge of this world
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not many of us can wait for the next suikoden to come out, so it's always a good thing to know if a certain game is very much like Suikoden (or not like it, in some cases) You should do it more often, if distributors call you again.

Your comments mirrored all the ideas that came across my head, when I was playing the game. Nippon Ichi does well with the dark theme, but it can be like Suikoden in many ways. Unlike all versions of Suikoden, I played this game before you did, so it was pretty neat seeing a review reflect my opinion.

No, because I already have it. Although, I hope it convinced everyone else. It is a must-have for tactical RPG fans, if not RPG fans as a whole.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, with the decline of the Suikoden series, it's nice to hear about some new games that carry on with the Suikoden feel. A similar review for the new game by Mr. Matsukawa would be most welcome, too.

I like how it focused on the story and character development in the game, which are the most important elements of an RPG.

It sure did! I've already added it to my Xmas list.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I meant Murayama's new game, not Matsukawa's.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, I thought it was good, I want to see a review for Disgaea: Hour of Darkness next :-D

I generally liked it, thought it was neat that you compared Prier and Culotte to Nanami and Riou, I never thought of that.

Maybe, it probably wouldn't, if I didn't already own the game, but that's becasue I read alot of reviews, and if I bought every game that I read a review on, well I'm be poor! But what it did accomplish, is i'm probably gonna finally dfinish the game, and see how it's like Suikoden 2.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was very apparent that (as you mentioned) you were trying to make comparisons to Suikoden. I think it would have worked a little better if the games actually were more similar. I've played the game, and while I really liked it, to hear the most bad-ass Suikoden fan in the English speaking world hail the game as possibly having better developed characters than the fabled Suikoden 2 is kind of dumfounding.

Perhaps it's my underlying cynicism in knowing you were paid to make the review, but the slightly too positive tone of the review would not convince me to get the game (if I didn't already have it). I did like how you commented on the games translation and mentioned how small graphics were changed. Both of these are things I feel need to be mentioned in more reviews, and it was very cool hearing about the translation from a translator's point of view.

Over all it was not a bad review at all, I'm just being critical. It made an accurate portrayal of the game's true essence, though the games faults were not touched upon as deeply as they should have (but I'm guessing you didn't have total control over that). I would love to hear more review from you.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING PUTTING A NON-SUIKODEN REVIEW ON A SUIKODEN SIGHT YOUR OUT OF YOUR MIND. Hehe just kidding, your not crazy for making a review. Gotta keep the cash flowing you know. That and its nice to see other games that are out there.

What did I like about the article? The fact that Croix looked like Reno from Final Fantasy 7 smoking a cigarette. Hmm... I guess that really wasn't from the article. I liked how you mentioned what kind of developments took place without actually telling what happened. A lot of people give reviews that spoil the game.

As for making me want to go out and buy the game lets just say that I'm considering it. If my cash was flowing out of my ears then I would definately buy it. However it's christmas time and my cash isn't flowing anywhere but out of my wallet and into the cashiers hands at the moment. :cry: If I wasn't saving my money for other games I would go buy this one. And thats saying something seeming I had absolutely no interest in buying this game based on everything else I heard about it from you guys before I read your review.

All in all you did a very good job SARSadmin. Bravo.
Martouf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like it so i but it and it was worthit
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like to talk about other games as well. Being a SOLE Suikoden fan can also be bad for you. You should try to make more comparisons again for more new sources of fun for members like us!

I like the articel and you present it in a professional format. Slideshow are good too!

I already have it. I guess i did notice Nanami and Prier's similarities but they may be a bit off... On of them can sometimes be a few slices short of a loaf in the temper department.

Keep it up! :wink: :mrgreen:

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: