Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Why the name, avatar & signature?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 64, 65, 66  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i'd say that all cultures had their dandies in some form.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Recently having a little fun with some of the figurines I bought overseas and avi-tizing em...making em have funny captions and/or look all dramatic.

Gee I wonder why I never did this before?
Oh...probably cuz I was too lazy to take pictures of my figurines in the first place. Eheh.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if people noticed (I think not, because I mainly post at the nation forums) but I have recently changed my avatar from an image of Renaldo Lapuz (an American Idol participant) to my old Wonka avvy. I have also changed my siggy to one of my old ones.

My purple theme is back!

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My name , Song Jiang , comes from the book outlaws of the marsh. he is the star lord, the leader of the stars of heaven and earth. i liked the name because he is a well loved guy and also a great general. i was about to go with Sagacious Lu but i like Song Jiang better.

i have no idea why i made my sig what it is but it sounds cool and i want to change my title thing from sell sword to The Timely Rain because thats what they called Song Jiang in the gallant fraternaty. it basicly means that he is a blessing to all he comes in contact with and helps thoughs in need and is a pleasent sight to hold much like timely raing

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

song jiang, i think you misstyped your sig. its suppose to be pwer of love right?
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Song Jiang wrote:
... and i want to change my title thing from sell sword to The Timely Rain because thats what they called Song Jiang in the gallant fraternaty. it basicly means that he is a blessing to all he comes in contact with and helps thoughs in need and is a pleasent sight to hold much like timely raing
FYI: you're unable to change that unless you make some sort of dealie/pay potch with mods/admins (I'm not sure who's in charge of it now =x )
But you could change the 'liangshan' title to whatever you want...though you might've wanted to keep that there? =x [[ You never mentioned what liangshan was referring to so...sorry for being nosy ]]

ERRRR... <_< to stay on topic....I changed my avi back to Time Hollow avy that I edited in honor of it's upcoming Tuesday release....and perhaps afterwards I will change it to my Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness avy shortly afterwards....in honor of it's upcoming Tuesday release as well o.o

....and then afterwards I might just randomly cycle through all my avy's I've ever created for suikox...when I get bored of the HM: IoH one
xp *shrug*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
song jiang, i think you misstyped your sig. its suppose to be pwer of love right?

yea thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Quote:
FYI: you're unable to change that unless you make some sort of dealie/pay potch with mods/admins (I'm not sure who's in charge of it now =x )
But you could change the 'liangshan' title to whatever you want...though you might've wanted to keep that there? =x [[ You never mentioned what liangshan was referring to so...sorry for being nosy ]

Liangshan is my army name and it is from the book OUTLAWS OF THE MARSH as well. it is the place that Song Jiang and the other bandit leaders made there stronghold. it was called Liangshan Marsh.

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rather than my generic Judeau avatar which I've had constantly across the internet, I've decided to upgrade to Serpico. Both from Berserk. Serpico never appeared in the anime (which only covers the prologue of the epic series) but is one of the main characters from the second arc onward in the manga.

I'm about to make a berserk-related sig as well, celebrating the "Falcon of the Milenium Empire" arc. The quote is the opening lines to the arc, and the picture is the first battle that takes place - one of the best fight scenes I've ever read. Of course, due to this site's oppressive sig limits, I had to screenshot the entire sig in order to post it, since I would run into the "255 character limit" otherwise.

Ugh. I might just cut that pic out of the sig. I had to resize it, and I hate the way it looks at that size.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i updated my avatar and signature:

AVATAR: It's Arrested development, once more. the joke here, as you may be able to guess is that Michael wanted to talk to his son, George Michael, about the birds and the bees, however George Michael is harboring his fugitive grandfather, "poppop", in the attic. Thus, the confusion. I really miss AD.

BANNER: It's the Swedish Chef. I was just in the mood to put him up there. He's simply so nostalgic of a simpler time....

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chaco

Chacos Regiment

45276 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think mine is kind of obvious lol, I love Chaco!!!

Actually I used to be called "Bartman" on a lot of the forums I was a part of, I love the Simpsons and Bart is my favorite TV show character, but since this is Suikoden and Chaco is my favorite on there I decided to stick with that. Chaco and Bart are pretty similar in my mind anyway (They are both the underdogs and they both like to cause mischief lol)

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok i think it goes without saying why i have the name/avatar/sig but i'm gonna say it anyway. i use this not only here but in any forum i join. the only difference is when the name does not allow spaces then i make it WindRune.

name: i have always liked the Wind Rune in all the Suikoden games. i prefer a utility rune with various spells instead of just having an all damage rune like fire or lightning.

avatar: since the wind/cyclone runes are children (sort of) of the True Wind Rune, then it is only fitting that my avatar would come from the one that they all came from.

sig: now this has a story. i got this made from the old theirstar forum. not sure if you guys even remember that but it was run by John Layfield way back when. well anyway they had this thread going where you can request a sig to be made with your specifications. i requested this one because Luc bears the True Wind Rune. the wind in the back is well wind. and Viki.. well i like Viki. sue me :lol:
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Name: Flamo Bringer
This is due to the addiction of the Flame Champion from Suikoden 3 which explains the Flamo (a more futuristic way of saying Flame hehe) and the Bringer which is the Fire Bringers (ie. the Flame Champion's crew)

Avatar: Sakuragi Hanamichi from Slam Dunk
My favourite anime/manga of all times! Slam Dunk!

Signature: currently none. Might have one in the future! Expect greatness :D
Haroth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The name is taken from a Tiefling Cleric that I made on a Neverwinter Nights roleplaying server where two factions constantly warred against one another. I was one of two people that played on the Axfell side at the time, against about half a dozen people on the Cleaven side. I've gone through a myriad of different names in the past, all of which I eventually grew bored of after a couple of years. I ran into a girl I knew when I was a lot younger who wanted me to join a Kingdom Hearts forum with her. I wanted a new name, recalled the character, and have stuck with it ever since. The resemblance between my username and the name of the Egyptian goddess of love and beauty, Hathor, has been brought up several times. I made Haroth when I was about nine or ten, but maybe I was subconsciously suggesting how decadent and beautiful I am? Who knows.

The avatar is a slightly modified version of a Pepper picture I picked up a while ago. I love the character and the myriad of pictures that've come out of the project on dA based off of her. She was as pretty of a face as anything else I could've come up with to play the role of my avatar. Plus, red heads are sexy, no matter the gender.

Lets start with the text in my signature. I don't remember where I found the phrase that I coined my signature off of, nor whether or not my version is actually original. Nonetheless, I liked the idea that it conveyed and stuck with it. I think it's featured in a couple of my signatures. I know it's in my Suikosource one. The picture, while it doesn't fit the "red" theme that my avatar and text set, is a tag that I love nonetheless. The aforementioned girl that got me into the Kingdom Hearts forum made it for me when I originally joined. If you're curious, the guy in the tag is Tsukasa, the very handsome and do-able drummer for the J-rock band D'espairsRay. I was going to put something more "red" in there, but the tag that I had in mind was perhaps too lascivious and might give the wrong impression.

[size=120:17kvj9gq]Life is uncensored; prepare to blush.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:wink: I changed my avi to images of Ramin from Tierkreis (if I find an artbook of Tierkreis anytime soon I'd cycle it with some other character imgs but I only have a lot of images of Ramin at the moment...)----for the obvious reason.

I also finally changed the background image for my MAL sig from featuring Blue (which was the background for more than a year or so....so the change was long overdue) to feature Ramin as well :wink:

EternalDusk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

name- it's actually the title of my story..and because i kinda like it :mrgreen:
signature: CRAP I DON'T HAVE ONE!! :damn:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 65 of 66

Jump to: