Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Why the name, avatar & signature?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username wrote:
RedCydranth wrote:
Awwww Tully, Aesir may claim Suiseiseki, but he can't have all of Rozen Maiden. I'm sporting Souseiseki, you can have a Rozen Maiden avie. I'll keep Aesir in check!

/me glares at Aesir.

Souseiseki is so lame. Kanaria is where it is at!

Interestingly I liked the English version of Rozen Madien, only because Jun was voiced by Mona Marshall. (Played Izzy in Digimon).

Also I need to play Pokemon and update my Sig...

Why you gotta knock Souseiseki like that? She's totally cool. Anyhow, yeah, I was very surprised to know that Mona Marshall also voiced Sheila Broflovski, aka Kyle's Mom on South Park. You listen to Izzy and Jun, you'll never guess it either.

The English version is good, thats how I'm watching it, but it seriously lacks the much needed Desu!

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My avatar and signature are a result of a lost bet with ViktorFan. I assure you, I believe none of what it says!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh come on, Gil, you can admit that you believe every word in your signature. ^__^

I promised Aesir to have a Suiseiseki avatar when Zenit St. Petersburg would win the semi final vs Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup. Well, Zenit won and deserved to win (and I supported them) so here's my new avatar.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i changed my avatar. It's one of those weird things that couldn't possibly be, yet it looks like such a cube which defy the laws of physics actually exists. I should get a new banner, but i don't know for what...

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My avatar is Mario Lanza and Kathryn Grayson in their film "Toasts of New Orleans" where in one scene they play as Pinkerton and Cio-Cio from Puccini's Madama Butterfly. It's a shame Lanza die young. He could make it really big. I actually wanted to use Bidu Sayao as my avatar, as I love her as much as I love Lanza, but Mario was more pleasing to the eyes.

About the signature, I'm searching for one that fit my avatar, so I use the Anastasia banner that I made long ago and line from the famous Aria of the Opera.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My avatar and signature are of a very cute musician named Zach Condon (not Condom), who is the inventor of the 'band' Beirut. I love their music, and his voice, and all the different instruments he plays. Great stuff. I'll probably be switching these soon, though, because Wimbledon starts in a little over a week.

Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My avatar is a picture of Kamen Rider IXA from Kamen Rider Kiva. My text signature relates to his saying every time he kills a Fangire.(Monsters from the show, play on vampire)

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been listening to a lot of Iggy Pop's music lately and the definately looks sufficiently like a monkey to serve as my new avatar! :mrgreen:
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now i got myself a new banner. Finding new appreciation from MC Escher, i decided to put up a section of one of his most famous works of art, Metamorphosis, i forget if it's I or II. In case you can't see it, it's bugs with fish with birds.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I put up a Roger Federer Avatar and Banner combo for Wimbledon, which starts tomorrow. Go Roger~

Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I watched Indiana Jones and the Kind of the Crystal Skull the other day. There's a line in it where they say "Like your Dr. Oppenheimer, father of the atomic bomb". I was like, whahahat? Who? Me?

Clearly I took my name as Milich's last name, but maybe that wasn't such a great thing. Was his name based on this man?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Oppenheimer

Perhaps I shouldn't be associated with him?

Unless . . . I'm really "da bomb" :roll: My apologies, that was rather tasteless.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, i have known about Robert Oppenheimer since i was in the 7th grade. But that was because i did a report on him. And i was therefore aware of this when i came upon the name of Milich Oppenheimer in Suikoden. Not that i think the character designer knew about the guy.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Oppenheimer

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, other then the fact that Robert Oppenheimer was an influential leader there really doesn't seem to be any similarities. Plus, Oppenheimer is of German derivation and I'm pretty sure Milich is supposed to be French.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Plus, Oppenheimer is a very Jewish' name, which would make Milich both German and Jew, hence destroying the assumption that he's a French :mrgreen: .

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, maybe it's just Vincent D'Boule that's french. Perhaps Milich was always supposed to be a german aristocrat. Simone is Itallian I guess. Did all those countries have dandys? Blech now I'm all confused.

I'm sticking with French because it's the only language I know even a bit of.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 64 of 66

Jump to: