Suikoden United and Inspirational Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Why the name, avatar & signature?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pilika

Uncle Jowy's Army

32500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Why the name, avatar & signature? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Basicly write why you chose this things as you did on this site. Also if you have a unique thingy under your name write that too.

Name- Sinocards comes from Draconis (a magic combination of a dragon and a human) and it is fliped over as vampires or such evil creatures would write it.

Avatar - I am a fan of Luca Blight (and I also have some evil ambitions)

Signature - I think it is a quote from Warhammer 40000 (will confirm it)

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
and I also have some evil ambitions

For example?

A similar thread can be found here, by the way.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aye as I have said in the other thread ManInBlack comes from me wearing black clothing a lot. My avatar which changes frequently is because I like that anime or character or it just fits my name. Right now its of Kenshin because I like Kenshin. My signiture also changes frequently right now its because I thought that quote was quite funny.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My username, as is evident by the spelling, comes from the main character of Arc the Lad II. I've used it for several years now, along with my original avatar, which I used here up until a few months ago, which was Elc from the Arc the Lad anime. My current avatar is of Elk from the .hack games, which I chose not only because of the similar name... okay, it was because of the similar name, but I also use his character quite often while playing .hack

My signature is quite self explanatory, I'm from the Queendom of Falena and "We live for the Queen. We die for the Queen" is my prefered motto. It is a slight rewording of the Anla'Shok oath from Babylon 5. ("We live for the One. We die for the One") As there are few bits of information regarding the Falena of the games it is, essentially, the land of mystery. The Superman logo is in memory of Christopher Reeve, whom I will always remember as the Superman.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My name is the name of the greatest who ever lived. ^_^ Gil-galad was the final King of Elves in Middle Earth. And the last High King of the Noldor. He led the Last Alliance against Sauron, and died wrestling with him, there's even an awesome little poem that I could dig up:

Gil-Galad was an Elven-king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the Mountains and the Sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shining helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in Mordor where the shadows are.

I found the shortened version-- it's the one Aragorn sings in FotR, but refused to sing the rest because it was too sad. I couldn't find the lenghtier one... :(

Avatar is Clive from Suikoden 2, a really neat avy I had made a forever ago. I don't even remember who made it for me. Whoever it was was a pretty talented artist though. ^^ They also made me a matching banner but I lost that a while ago... I might have to try to go dig it up and stick it in my sig here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Name is a multicultural mish-mash between sophia (wisdom) and -ita (little). Hence, Sophita - little wisdom. It amused me, and then it kinda stuck, and I like it. *shrug* What more can I say?

Avatar - Lorelai and Killey. Two of my favorite Suikoden characters, and one of my favorite Suikoden fancouples as well. :) I always try to have a Falenian citizen in my avatar, but the pool of candidates is a bit limited...Thank goodness there's a disproportionate amount of good Lorelai and Killey artwork out there (Thank you, card game!) compared to their relative importance to the story. The shot's from Suikogaiden...I just edited the two close enough together so that I could get them in one avatar, as before they were almost the entire width of the screen apart.

Signature - Random quote I find particularily good, funny, noteworthy, etc, etc - Right now it's a P.J. Harvey lyric, from a song the title is best left unsaid but, for those of thee who are curious, is the 6th track on Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea, and is by far the longest title on the album.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just a little update for my sig, now that I have something in it, It's a little advertisment. The link is to my all new Anime and Games site, and we're in need of member (hint, hint ;)).

I tried to find the link to my old Suikoden banner, but I didn't succeed, too bad, it was pretty neat.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Name- Stormbringer is from the Elric of Melinbone saga, where Stormbringer is Elric's soul eating sword...it also has to do with the fact that i love storms.

avatar- it's a pic from Drakengard...and it would be a spoiler to say any more

banner- Well, my quote is kind of a messed up line that one of the characters from the game Animal Crossing says...it's the mole guy that says it and I'm not sure if I got it right and I don't feel like checking so that's why it says what it says.

Last edited by Stormbringer on Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
KonRei

The Sharingan Archer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Name - my favorite Blader in the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, Kon Rei of the White Tiger.

Avatar - Uchiha Sasuke of Naruto, the intelligent one of the Team 7.... :mrgreen:

Signature - Kai Hiwatari and Suikoden 3 Luc along wih the quote "Traitors of the Fate"...they have been changed since the last anime/game also with my title KonRei of Honky Tonk(place from the anime GetBackers), Sharingan Archer.......

Today's angel are tomorrow's devil...fear it, live it, die with it... -Kon Rei
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Name: As explained in another thread: I was fat, I fell on a skateboard, my friend told me I looked like a marshmallow, and thus my internet handle was born.

Avatar: I was screwing around with photoshop and I made something that looked like a rune crystal. I liked it, so I kept it.

Signature: "Sucka' DJ's catchin' heart attacks" is a line from the song "Deep Concentration" by DJ Babu. It's actually a really cool track. If anybody actually wants to hear it, I can give it to you over AIM.

The banner just basically points to the fact that Riou and Jowy are two of my favorite characters of all time.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Name: Synchysi is Greek for chaos, which was my old monicker, etc. It's all in the other thread.

Avatar: The cover of Thyrfing's album "Vansinnesvisor", which is currently by far my favorite CD. My title is a song on that CD, which translates to "Return of Chaos" in English. I have a tendency to use CD covers as avatars because I'm too uncreative to use anything else.

Signature: Just a random quote. I thought it was funny when I saw it.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher: Just a name that popped into my head and clicked. It has been my nickname for the past few years. This was also explained in another thread.

Avatar: For those who do not know who it is, i would like to introduce to you Suo, a samurai from the 100 Ogre Clan in Valkyrie Profile. He found a blind songstress Shiho, whose songs would increase the morale for the soldiers (opposing Suo's clan) and they would fear no death. But in the middle of battle, she stopped singing and the soldier became afraid. Suo and his samurai warriors in ogre masks slaughtered them. Suo came upon her and she asked for death. Instead, Suo spared her life and brought her back to his camp. He brought him to his leader, who killed her, not wanting to have any burden (read above as to how. ). The murder of Shiho started Suo's thoughts running on how pointless it was to kill, even though he was told it was for justice and such. When he was attacking a village, he pondered on this and was killed. He then became a warrior following Valkyrie, Yay! Totally awesome moves. My favorite character in the game. But this might change, and i'll have to edit this post later on then.

Signature: The first part "The General of the Kobold District in Two Rivers" is the title given in Bugg's fanfic for Jowston. I'm happy to have a title. As for the second part: "Wow I'm a (insert title here)! Uh oh, gotta say something profound:" was just a little something to add. My own flavor. Concerning the quote:
Quote:
Kung fu movies is not like real Kung fu, just like a hot dog is not a real dog

I found it reading Black Belt Magazine. I thought that it would have to be one of the most wittiest one-liners i have heard. So much that i put it in my sig. But again, this might change, and i'll have to edit this post later on then.

Oh, yes, and then there is this Regiment Name: The Thunder Elemental. Well, you see, Thudner is my favorite element. I decided that characters using Lightning are very cool. Examples would be Geddoe for one! Go True Lightning Rune! Another would be Soi from Fushigi Yuugi. She totally kicks butt, like Chichiri! The ability to alter the Ki levels through sexual intercourse is but a nice bonus feature ^_^. And then there is Gaford from the Samurai Shodown fighting games.He kicks butt too! But then there is Benimaru.... :evil:...just...bad, man. Just plain bad....

Bork! Bork! Bork!

Last edited by Starslasher on Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:55 am; edited 2 times in total
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Synchysi is Greek for chaos, which was my old monicker, etc. It's all in the other thread.

Why do you think that? χάος itself is Greek, and I never heard of συνχυσι.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Synchysi (σύγχυση) means "confusion" in the modern Greek language.
Looked it up in my dictionary.

By the way, my username comes from the fact that I am the an admin of SARS (can you believe that!?). My avatar is simply something to go with the fact that I'm a mercenary cavalry unit for hire. My signature says "Szechuan -style Ma Po Tofu" which is my favorite tofu dish.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My name comes from the fact that I enjoy making people dread crossing me, but i spell it differently for my own personal taste.

My avatar and signature change frequently. My avatar is always something of a fearful warrior. My signature always deals with war or battle with the Superman logo fo remembrance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 1 of 66

Jump to: