Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who's the best Hero?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Hero?
Tir
50%
 50%  [ 21 ]
Riou
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
Thomas
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Hugo
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Geddoe
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Chris
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 42

ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really have a preference but i picked Tir because he was the first hero of the suikoden series.
Shabadoo

56688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked Tir best, I though he was just an all around awsome character and his weapon of choice was rather unique (especialy for a main hero).
Shiva

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to say Riou because Suikoden II was my favorite, but I love Hugo and McDohl too. Chris and Geddoe weren't half bad but I just didn't feel a connection with them as much as the other heroes.
Leo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where's Nash?
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh. DANG. I forgot about Nash! Oh well, I already cast my vote. McDohl wins without a doubt. Out of all the silent protagonists I've seen, he's the only one who has really had a personality. He went through many hardships and didn't falter, unlike some other characters who are seemingly unable to run out of angst. Out of him and Riou, he was the only one who seemed capable of leading a country. Riou's leadership seemed tacked on, characters would always just say "he has the eyes of a leader," yet I could never see him as anything but a child. Sometimes 2 seemed a little too far-fetched for me. Tir was named leader once Odessa died, because he was the only one who understood her. Riou, on the other hand, was named leader because of his eyes (note: there are probably other reasons, yes, don't flame me.) It never sat well with me.
Masamune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mmmm....i really liked Tir and Riou, But Hugo , Chris and Geddoe had more personality......Mmm...........i choose Tir! Because he had to go trough very difficults parts like the dead of Gremio, Ted, Odessa, and he had to fight and kill his own father, but even after all those things...he liberated Toran at the end.

1)Tir
2)Riou
3)Geddoe
4)Nash
5)Hugo
7)Chris
8)Thomas

This is my list :p
adrich

14500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as actually being a hero and a leader of people I would have to say that Chris is the best.

She actually made decisions on her own sometimes, and she also knew when people were trying to use her.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Chris, too.

I personally don't like HeroI and HeroII at all. Well, at least they're not as bad as Jowy or Luc.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Riou because Suikoden 2 is my favourite, and he has those cool tonfas! Though Tir is really close behind, maybe it's because Suikoden was my first Suikoden game.
nightrider

1000 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went with Tir. One word Souleater. That and he was first. I also like the heros from 3. Chris is cool cuz she is one of the only female leads of a RPG that is not weak or dependent on a male character.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thomas. He's the most "human" out of all the heroes, as he grows from being some whiny punk who dislikes his position to a leader who's willing to put his neck on the line to protect what he cares about.

What makes him different is the fact that he doesn't dig suicide missions, like McDohl, Hero 2, or the three possible Flame Champions.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was a very hard decision but I decided to vote for Tir in the end. Maybe its because S1 was my first Suikoden game, but it seemed he just made the better leader. Odessa trusts the liberation army to him after only knowing him for a short while. He also seems to go through the most hardships but he still manages to pull through and I think that he is also the most kickass of all siukoden characters.
Leo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted Chris because, well, she is a knight that can actual handle herself and fight like a man. She has great leader qualities, and she had personality, just look at the end of chapter four, that's got to have hurt. Though I don't know how many would vote for Nash, because they only know him from Suikoden III, well most of the people who just picked up Suikoden would.

Tir was good, though I never really got him. I mean, even though we needed Roseman for the stars of destiny, I would beat the crap out of him before getting him. Riou was good, though In agree, he didn't have great leadership qualities, all he had were the eyes, hope and the true rune, that's all. Geddoe was to much of the lonely loner mecinary that all RPG's have, and Hugo was cool, and he showed that he was actually just a boy when he couldn't beat Chris after she killed Lulu.

Though Hugo just wasn't the perfect hero in my books, even though he was the best choice as flame champion, he was just to filled with unpure hate to be considered a hero, Geddoe was to steriotyped, Tir should have killed Roseman and Riou should find more qualities. Chris was the only true "one".
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leo wrote:
Chris was the only true "one".

The opinions of this board are really surprising! I think I've spent too much time in the ... darker areas we refer to as gamefaqs. I'm not a regular on any Suikoden boards besides those, so the general opinion I've gotten from fans is that 3 was terrible and Chris was the worst hero ever.

I think 3 was a great game, despite it's shortcomings. It may not have had the outstanding qualities of 2, but I still enjoyed it a LOT. And I loved Chris. I think she was great. Geddoe's chapters were by far the most interesting (and had the best characters) but Chris' character interested me the most. Sure, she never smiled (a common argument) but come on, how can you use that in defense of your dislike of her? She may have been naive, but how can that even be said when the game offers us Hugo?

Anyway, I just wanted to say that the people here seem to have a nice grasp of Suikoden. And by a nice grasp I mean the same opinions as me. Which is just as important.
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I vote Chris because she is one of my favorite Suikoden characters. I wouldn't have enjoyed Suikoden 3 so much without her.
But I must say Geddoe rocks the world... I've rarely seen a character so overpowered, both gameplay and storywise.

By the way, I am officially a Riou hater. I must say so, I despise him. Worst hero ever to me.

-Hrestelan
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: