Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ruby and Emerald Weapon AGGHHHH!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like I said before, Emerald can be hurt by GRAVITY!!!

Gravity=HP Absorb
Gravity=MP Absorb
Gravity=Quadra Magic
W-Magic=HP plus

Is a good set up on all your characters. The battle becomes really cheap this way, but its much faster than repeating Knights of the Round for so many turns.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah but if you use Gravity you don't get to wath KOTR over and over again. :cry:

Quote:
Defensive gear is irrelivant against these two monsters

I beg to differ. The mystile armor is a great asset when Ruby weapon casts meteor on you twice in a row.
Sarah

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What happens after you defeat all the weapons?
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You get some very VERY good items hehe. Check out the guide.

Men In Black wrote:
Yeah but if you use Gravity you don't get to wath KOTR over and over again.

Yeah but you never need KOTR! You just mime gravity all the way!!! Use it several turns per character and absorb both HP and MP hehe. Basically you become immortal and you just take him down with LOADS of gravity....kill him with weapons in the end. :mrgreen:
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Knights of the Round was great to watch the 1st dozen or so times. Maybe it was me but it kind of lost its charm after that :)

I have a save point in which I have yet to destroy the weapons, when I get my copy of FF7 back maybe I'll try your Gravity method.

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh Black Fang I was being sarcastic when I said watching KOTR was fun. Its actually quite boring as we all know.
Odessa++

11000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha reading this thread definately brought back memories for me..its been too long since i laid eyes on that game.. i think i was only 14years old last time i played it
all i rememer...(which is hard considering i have a very bad memory)
fighting the Ruby Weapon... using KOTR over and over again.. and Omnislash.. final attack with Phoenix... AND THEN.. getting really mad when the game froze on me just when the Weapon died :evil:

as you can imagine... i was not happy..haha

but at least during that battle i discovered the W-Item cheat by accident..so i didnt complain at having 99 mega-elixirs as such haha

i know :oops: im a cheater.. sue me :(
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did you ever beat the 2 weapons or did you give up like I did? I remember getting massacered by Emerald & Ruby, ahhhh sweet..sweet memories. :lol:
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just used the typical KOTR method over and over with w-summon and mime. I also equipped sprint shoes on all my characters which gave me a HUGE advantage.
I remember I was soooooo happy when I beat them. It was a saturday morning when I decided to take on Emerald for the victory. I beat Ruby in succession I was so ecstatic. :mrgreen:
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ive never been able to beat these guys... and now looking at some of these strategys youve people have come up with, I think maybe even I may stand a chance against both of them... oh yeah, Im gonna beat them one of these days
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's something everyone should do before they die. :mrgreen:
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here is another EASSSSSSSY strategy I came up with which takes some level up time but anyways.

Have the final weapons and a any eight slot armor on Cloud along with a Championship Belt. Make the materia setup as follows.

Counter=Mime Counter=Mime Counter=Mime Counter=Mime
Counter=Mime Counter=Mime Counter=Mime Counter=Mime

Make sure you MASTER all the Counter Materias (even the last one) and make sure cloud has Omnislash learned and set as well as a full Limit Break bar BEFORE you enter the battle. From this point on just feed him four or so Hero Drinks before the battle and as soon as you enter make sure you ONLY use the Limit with Cloud. Emerald will counter causing cloud to unleash 120 powerhouse attacks plus the original 15 he already did. If you feed him sufficient Hero Drinks he'll kill Emerald in a single turn. :D
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Surprisingly enough to some, I killed Ruby first.
I went in with Cloud and two others, started attacking carefully (hit the tentacles when they come out, all those small rules). She whirlpooled the other two and I eventually found myself alone, with Cloud and Ultima Weapon, with my limit and the Mime materia, down to 2k HP.
The tentacles came out.
I unleashed the last limit on those.
They went back in the ground.
I hit 'mime' and unleashed the last limit again on Ruby.
The tentacles came out.
I hit mime.
And hit the tentacles. Yelling in ecstasy, I used Mime all the way to the end of the battle ... ;-)

As far as killing Emerald, I went in with the fury 7777 (squids on the beach are very easy to manipulate and you can shrink them so they hit for 1, hint hint), I dual-summoned knights of the round and then mimed my way to victory.
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Easy way to get lucky 7s is by using the Chocobo skill from the enemy materia. You have to run 1111 or 2222 times and have 9999 for the easiest combinations though.
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This topic may be a little outdated but I'll update in case there are still those who need a little help. I notice that many people seem to have difficulty with Emerald, in particular. I assume that many of you have been wiped out by Emerald's 'Air Tam Storm' move?

One tactic that works is to equip as little materia as possible. His Air Tam Storm seems to be dependent on the materia equipped.

1 materia = 1111 damage
2 materia = 2222 damage and so on...

So equipping more than 9 materia is like killing yourself. Either that, or you have to kill him really quickly like in Black Fang's tactic above. So, if you prefer long steady battles, then equip as little materia and bring LOTS of megalixirs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: