Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ruby and Emerald Weapon AGGHHHH!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am actually playing through this game myself (again). I am not yet at the point of fighting the ultimate weapons, but I am very close. I am right before you get the sub to go to the underwater reactor, and instead of going on I just decided to start leveling all of my materias up.

Anyways, I just used the Knights of the Round/Mime combo when I first fought them. I do not yet have the Mime materia, but I do have the Knights of the Round materia. I don't know if anyone else told you the location, but Knights of the Round is located in the Northeast corner area. The island is too small to see on the map so you will need to do some recon yourself.

One last thing, I don't what to start a different topic so I will ask here. I can't seem to be able to get the materias such as final attack in the battle square. Am I not far enough or what? All I can do is talk to the machine thing and get Onmislash (already did) and the other things. What do i have to do to be able to get the others?

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You have to get Omnislash and W-Summon I believe. If thats not the case then you have to get Omnislash and have the Ultimate Weapon for Cloud. Anyway you will then be eligable for a special battle sequence in the battle square where you fight nothing but bosses. If you beat this then you get the Final Attack materia. Again its been a while sense I played so I'm not quite sure if you have to have Omnislash and W-Summon or Omnislash and Ultimate Weapon or all three.

I want to start playing the game again just so I can go up against the weapons without using KOTR materia. However, my copy of the game for PS is being lent to someone. I do have a copy for the PC but my computer can't handle such a thing at the moment. If I tried it might be the last thing my computer did. :mrgreen:
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To get the secret battle section you need to have Omnislash, W-Summon AND Clouds Ultimate weapon. Also as far as I am aware only Cloud can compete in this extra battle section.

Have fun cos it can be pretty hard....

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never really thought so. Then again I just mimed Omnislash on all the bosses. Ahh the powers of mime.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can't mime Omnislash... It's a unique move which can only be utilized by Cloud, nobody else can mime Limit Breaks. Perhaps you meant Knights of the Round.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Emerald Weapon can be hurt by GRAVITY!!!

Materia Setup:
Gravity=HP absorb Gravity=MP Absorb Gravity=Quadra Magic W-Magic=HP plus

This method is just fun. Every time you use gravity it will do 9999 damage to him for the first 92 attacks. After that depending on what level of gravity you are using the attacks will decrease. But you'll be getting off eight gravities per character and absorbing back about 4000 hp every turn. This method is just damn fun and insulting!

Ruby Weapon!!!

The Endless Knights of the Round!

Weapons: does not matter
Armor: Mystiles and/or Aegis Armlet. You'll need a lot of evasion to dodge
his Ultima counter attack
Accessory: Ribbons

Knights of the Round=HP

Absorb one character, Mime on all three. You will not want to use W-Summon since that will spread out the 'heal' time from absorbing thin and you'll risk dieing from the Ultima Counter attacks. This strategy is extremely easy to do.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope Gaara I did mean miming Omnislash. You see while the Limit Breaks are unique attacks to the character, the character who used the Limit Break can mime it. For example if Cloud uses Omnislash then Cloud can mime Omnislash. Not recomended in regular battles because then you will be giving up two other characters turns. But in the Battle Square when you only have Cloud fighting miming Omnislash over and over again is quite affective.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well when you face Ruby and Emerald you can Mime Omnislash for some good results. You have to defend with the other two characters though.
PesmergaUK

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ManInBlack390, I was just clarifying what your post said and added more detail to help him/her out in gaining AP, as you said to go to mideel and fight those enemies when it is not nessesary, when you can just go to the crater and gain LOADS of AP from the Magic Pots (which you stated) and the 3 orange enemies (which you didn't state).
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've worked on the gold chokobo for mounths but never could bread one so I never did get knights of the round.

also I sorta toke a break from FF VII so I actuay havent even beat sephoroth yet prity pethetice hu?
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh ok Persmerga. I was like umm.... I didn't see that in any other posts. Alright confusion has been lifted.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lets see Got Omni-Slash, Mime, the Mystile Armor, the underwater materia, Mastered gravity materia,and Knights of the Round. I'm going to fight Emerld weapon here in a little bit, wish me luck. :D
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good luck, have fun.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see you've made progress from your original post, but I'll still reply.

Level 67 with Cloud? Oh god, you are so underlevelled that it's not even funny. I'll tell you what I did, and tell you how long it'll take you to do this.

My party consisted of: Cloud (Level 99, Ultima Weapon/Rune Armlet), Cid (Lv. 99, Venus Gospel/Rune Armlet) and Yuffie (LV. 99, Conformer/Rune Armlet). Defensive gear is irrelivant against these two monsters, and I like the Rune Armlet because of the double materia growth. Get the GOld Chocobo and get all of the special materias, because these fights are not possible without Knights of the Round. (6-8 hours)

Now, have Yuffie with the 'Morph' Materia. Now, go to that small island off of Bone Village, and you'll encounter a monster that looks like a big velociraptor. Morph it to get an Elixr, repeat 99 times for 99 Elixrs.

Now that you have 99 elixrs (this will take 3 hours at least), equip a triple growth weapon, like the Apocalypse or Cid's Schimitar. Put all of the special materia into them (your priorities are: KotR, Final Attack and Phoenix). Have all other materia in the rune armlets. Now, go to that room in the North Crater with the magic pots. Keep feeding them elixrs and killing them. Eventually you'll master KotR and get another one, same with Final attack and Phoenix. This is another 4-6 hours.

To even pose a threat to the WEAPONs, you will need the following:

Max HP and MP (and lots of Turbo Ethers, trust me here)
W-Item (so when Emerald drains your MP you can use two turbo ethers at once.)
At least two W-Summons
At least 2 KotR
Each charaacter with Mime
Each character with Final Attack linked to Phoenix in their armor

Ok, so here is how you beat Emerald (if you beat him first it'll make Ruby alot easier):

Immediately W-summon KotR (thats twice in a row). Have the next character mime it, and then have the next one mime it again. KotR does more damage the more AP is has attached to it. Before you know it, you'll have summoned 6 KotR in a row!

Finally, the Weapon will attack. If he kills everyone, Final attack/Phoenix will revive the party. He'll probably drain your MP next. W-Item two Turbo ethers, and then W-summon KotR and mime it twice again. This should do it.

Ruby:

Same materia setup as Emerald, except this time you'll have an additional Master magic/summon and command materia at your disposal. Try to have two charactes dead to start, and revive them once he puts his claws into the sand. Once he does that and everybody is up and going, Start with the KotR W-summoning. If you have the right setup (Final attack-Phoenix is important), it's near impossible to die. He's harder than Emerald.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Morphing for elixers? What a pain. You can't even use Sense against those guys, and they have like 30,000 HP. That's just not realistic.

There is a much better time-saving method using the W-Item materia and at least 2 elixers in your inventory. Here are the steps:

1) Equip W-Item, make sure you have 2 elixers (duh)
2) Have the character choose an elixer and use it
3) For the second item, choose another elixer and select it BUT DO NOT USE
4) Hit cancel--an elixer has been duplicated in your inventory
5) Repeatedly select an elixer and cancel it until you get to 99 elixers

Also, whenever I got the Final Attack Materia, I hadn't gotten Omnislash yet. Are you sure that that's the criteria for that battle?

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: