Suikoden United and Illegal Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ruby and Emerald Weapon AGGHHHH!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Ruby and Emerald Weapon AGGHHHH! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can some please give me some good strategies fight these SOB's they kill me like in 3 turns, I sick and tired of losing to them, to help you think of a strategy I give you my team & stats.

Cloud Lv 67
Weapon-Ultima Weapon
Bolt Armlet
Toughness Ring
Limit Break-Meteorain

Barret Lv 64
Weapon-Missing Score
Fire Armlet
????
Limit Break-Catastorphe

Cid Lv 59
Weapon-Venus Gospel
Wizard Bangle
?????
Lmit Break-The first one

I do not have the Knights of the round, but if someone could give me the way how to get please tell me, oh and one more thing, what do I get and what does it do? thanks.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You need a gold chocobo to get Knights of the Round.

When breeding the chocobos you need to feed them a specific type of nut. These nuts you can only acquire from Bone village. Anyways, outside that village you'll fight a monster called Vlokarados (wow, i still remember the name). You should try and steal it from it. It'll be hard to steal, so use Bad Breath on it first if you can. Try this 3 times, you'll need 3.
You should try and capture a "great" chocobo which you can find near Mideel. And try to catch another "good" chocobo near Gold Saucer. Try and get a male and a female and then feed each of them 25 Sykis Greens. And then make them race in Gold Saucer, get as close to S class as you can. I got up to A. Use carob nuts when mating these chocobos.

If you succeed, you might either end up with a Mountain (green) chocobo or a Shallow Sea (blue) chocobo. If not, reset and try again. Once you succeed, race and get them up to S or A class. You need both of these chocobos, blue and green. Make sure one is male and the other is female. Use a carob nut to mate these chocobos as well and you should end up with a black chocobo. You should be able to race this chocobo up to S rank.

Now catch a "wonderful" chocobo from near the Icicle Inn. If you can, race it as high as you can, A will do. Now find goblin island, I cant remember the location but it's a small island, try any and then check your menu screen and check your location. Fight goblins and steal another type of nut from them. If you have opposite gender chocobos, (black and wonderful), save your game and try mating them. If all went well, you'll get a Gold chocobo. Now you'll find KOTR in one of the 4 Mareria caves.
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think my friend beat the weapons by equipping KOTR on Cloud, and then she leveled up a mimic materia(not sure if that's the name) and she basically kept smashing the weapons with KOTR over and over.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just some general advice... the only way that you can win against either of the weapons at that level is if you get Lucky 7's... So yeah... I'd say train to atleast the 70's before trying to take on the Weapons.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A long time ago, when this was my first time playing (due to my emotinal thinking ways I don't know If I could go back) he joked about the Gold Chobobo you win from beating R.W, is very slow, saying somthing like " a dead chocobo can rot it's way to the finish line faster"

so I thik you should make chobobos the old fashioned way....by mate'n them.
do as Graara. Oh yeah, there is alwasy one Chobobo racer (forgot his name) who will alwasy be better than you, the one black racer.

I wish I kept a list of all the chocobo names I had, I had dumb ones like BigRed and ones named after other charaters

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Just some general advice... the only way that you can win against either of the weapons at that level is if you get Lucky 7's... So yeah... I'd say train to atleast the 70's before trying to take on the Weapons.

Nah, Ive done it before at lower levels.

Emerald

First of all, get the Mystile armor for all three of you guys. Also have a knights of the round summon, a mime materia handy, and a magic plus (not mp plus) materia. The w-summon materia is also needed. ( You can get the w-summon from the battle arena at the golden saucer)

Equip the w-summon, and magic plus on cloud (Or someone else if you prefer) with the kotr. Once your kotr is leveled high enough (lv2 or 3), just w-summon on Emerald and mime with the other character. Have a speed ring equiped on Cloud and the character who has mime. If you have mastered mime, this battle should be easy.

I usually mimed with Cloud because his magic was always the highest. But remember, speed rings are key.

Ruby
This is where the mystile armor will help, you'll see why. Start off with everyone but Cloud with 0 HP. Ruby will dig his claws in, use w-summon hades then phoenix. Hades will freeze Ruby and Phoenix will revive your party. If you were smart, you went to the man in Kalm and cashed in and got another kotr with all the other goodies. Just w-summon kotr then mime. Use hades when needed. Go after Ruby, ignore the claws.

This strategy should work, I spent a lot of time perfecting this a while back. Make as many tweaks as you see fit, that is the best way to go. To earn AP faster, equip Cid's x3 ap weapon (I forgot the name). Best place to train is next to mideel.

Gosh, FF7 truly was one of my favorite games. I can not believe I remember all this. If you need any more help, this is not the most detailed guide, just pm me.
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok I am going to work to get that Gold Chocobo, but where do I get the Mystile Armor,The W-Summon Materia, and the Mime materia?Until then I will train Chocobo's. Before I go do you think Cloud's Omni-Slash will make t easier?
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:

YES!!! This is a very good idea!!!!!

I don't know why I didn't suggest this as I did this myself. This is how you get Lucky 7:

Go into battle and kill all but 1 enemy and then cast Mini on it, followed by Manipulate. Make sure your health is below 7777 though. Now, when manipulating the enemy, make it attack your character. It will only do 1 hit point damage. Keep doing this until the last 2 digits on your characters' hit points are "77". Once you've done this, kill the enemy. Now in your menu screen, use potions on the character to heal the character. REMEMBER: only use potions as they only heal 100 HP, and if your characters' hit point come up to "77" you should manage to get his health at 7777, now go into battle and your character(s) will perform lucky 7. It won't carry out througout the whole battle though so don't just depend on that.

Besides those, get the Omnislash.
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The W-Summon Materia, and the Mime materia?Until then I will train Chocobo's. Before I go do you think Cloud's Omni-Slash will make t easier?

The W-Summon materia you can get from the Golden Saucer at the Battle Arena, but that is the least of your concerns at the moment. The mime materia is in a hidden cave somewhere on the map, you need a gold chocobo to get it. Try looking elsewhere on the internet to find where you can find the mystile armor, I don't remember where it is located. Also try the internet for a more exact location of the mime materia.

And just out of curiosity, has anyone ever used the Lucky 7's against Emerald and won? I've tried it before and it never worked out to well for me because once I was damaged, the Lucky 7's affect would stop. I always found it easiest to w-summon kotr and then blast away with mime.

Again, reaching level 70 is not neccessary to beat the weapons. If you want to use the lucky 7's strategy, just equip a few HP plus materias (Located at Cosmo Canyon) and follow Gaara's strategy.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used Lucky 7 on Emerald Weapon with 1 character I think. You don't need a Gold Chocobo to get the Mime Materia. I can't remember where it is or which chocobo you need, but it is possible with one of the following three chocobos: green, blue, black.

And yes, if you can't bother getting Knights of the Round, the next best thing is Omnislash. omnislash is just as good, the reason KOTR is better is that your other characters can Mimic it.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right the best enemy to face while leveling up is the magic pot. Just give it an Elixer and he will give you like a million expierience points. I know what your thinking GIVE IT AN ELIXER NO WAY! Just use the item duplication trick with the W-Item materia to get more Elixers.

Also to get mass AP equip the Apocolypse sword on cloud to level up your Mime materia and KOTR materia. I think the monsters that give you the most AP is on the continent with that destroyed village. (Can't remember the village name but it was the one where Cloud was in the wheel chair) Their little bug like enemies that are green. You can find them west of the village near the chocobo tracks.

Also a tip on fighting Emrald Weapon. His attack that does 9999 damage is based on how much materia each of your characters has equiped. So if a character has 7 pieces of materia equipped he will do 7777 damage to that character. A way to counter this is using the Final-Attack + Phoenix combo. Get the Final attack materia in the Battle Square at the Gold Saucer.

One more tip fighting Emrald Weapon concerning the timer. Go to the Underwater reactor in Junon and morph that moster that looks like a skeleton coming out of a ship. He will morph into a something called the Guide Book. Give this to a guy in Kalm on the second floor of one of the houses. He will then give you something called Underwater materia thats sole perpose is to take away the timer in the Emrald Weapon battle.

Heres my own opinion on things. Don't level up your character just get the Mystile armor and do not get KOTR materia. Try to beat him doing this (I don't even know if it is possible) If you do beat him doing these things you will be held as a God amongst the top FF7 players and it will be much funner and you will feel as though you have really acomplished an amazing feat. Well good luck to you.
PesmergaUK

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, to get a load of AP, do what was said and get the Apocolypse Sword from the forest (near Cosmo canyon) then travel to the crater and when you reach the part where the music changes (The music from when you use the sub underwater). You will encounter Magic Pots (also stated by a poster) these give masses of Exp AND AP! with that AP get's timed by 3 (with the use of the Sword) so that = WOW! Loadza AP.

Also in the crater are these 3 orange enemies that just give Loads of AP (2000 I think). So get leveling up their, you'll soon have the Weapons destoyed. (Don't forget to get the Underwater Materia) AND GET CLOUDS LIMIT LEVEL 4! It will come in handy (It can do more damage then KOTR).

Any more help needed, drop a line.
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok I have acquired the Green Chocobo I have gotton W-Summon, and am trying to get the Omni-Slash, also looking for the Mystile Armor. It is very time consuming. :roll:
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh thats in the Final dungeon where that spiral thing that you go down is. Its on the right path when everybody splits up. At least I think thats where the spiral thing is, its been awhile sense I last played the game. It is also in a chest when your going to fight Hojo in Midgar when he is going to shoot the barrier around the north crater. (At least I think that was where it was, the Hojo part)

Oh yeah and Pesmerga, did you just restate what I said because I didn't see that info in any of the other posts? *confused*
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After reading all these great strategies, I'm suddenly getting massive pains in my side knowing that it could have been much easier on me. First off, I didn't use Mystile Armor, and I maxed out all the materia slots causing the Final attack-Phoenix to activate. Knights of the Round takes so long too, especially after miming it. You can imagine how long that battle took for me.

That lucky 7777 technique is genius, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: