Suikoden United and Inspirational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Studio Ghibli's Anime
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Studio Ghibli's Anime Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is the anime studio that specialize in making movies. I really like them. Some of their works have been remake by Disney, like Laputa : Castle in the Sky, and Kiki's delivery service (with some famous voice artists like Kirsten Durnst and James Van Der Beek (owww :) ). Their work always had their own quality and trademarks and I can say that I really like their works. They had one brilliant director whom is Hayao Miyazaki

Their works consist of :
1. Nausicaa in the valley of the wind (the best anime EVER)
2. Laputa : Castle in the sky
3. Kiki's Delivery Service
4. Spirited away
5. Only Yesterday
6. Princess Mononoke (If I'm not wrong)
7. I can hear the sea
8. And many more...

You can tell that an anime were made by them only by looking at the character design and the lighting and the color because believe me, they had their own trademarks and they're excel at it.

So what's your oppinion, have you ever heard about Studio Ghibli?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am an admirer of Studio Ghibli's anime. I've seen some of their masterpieces(Spirited away, My Neighbour Totoro, Grave of the Fireflies...) and I am hoping to see the rest.
I am very fond of their artwork. I'd like to visit their museum, someday.
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah yes, the museum itself is so enchanting, well, at least for me. For the other masterpiece, believe me, you should see Nausicaa. I'm not the only one that thinks that it's one of the best anime ever made.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a magazine that lists movies directed by Hayao Miyazaki (probably not spelled correctly). At one point, I tried to collect them. I have Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Castle in the Sky, Princess Mononoke, and I have Kiki's Delivery Service taped. The magazine was published about August of 2003 I believe, and the article told me Future Boy Conan, Nausicaa, and Porco Rosso were not released in America at the time. Now I think Howl's Moving Castle is an addition to this bunch.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i've been reading nausicaa; it has one of the best storylines of all the manga i've read so far, and i've seen a story about the anime being redone *don't have the link for you, sorry :oops: .* it's one that i definitely want to see, once it's ready for sales, along with starblazers.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watched a screenshot about Howl's Moving Castle advertisement in the Animax/AXN chanel (I forgot) last week. I wonder where it will be aired? US?
The screenshot is good, but it's kinda remind me of Spirided away and laputa.

BTW, I watched My Neighbor Totoro and Return of the Cat (?) on DVD yesterday and it was really good.

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only seen Spirited Away, and only slightly dabble in Anime, not really having an interest in most of it, although SA is one of the best animated films I have ever seen. The effects were amazing, and the imagination of the film was off the charts. Crazy stuff.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only seen a few of their films (Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Castle in the Sky) but I've heard that their other films are really good, I might need to find them and watch them some time.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw Spirited away. Loved it.

I also read the Nausicaa manga. Very interesting. very original. Pretty old, isn't it? like 1984? Just checking. But i just read the first volume, and haven't seen the anime.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sarah wrote:
I am an admirer of Studio Ghibli's anime. I've seen some of their masterpieces(Spirited away, My Neighbour Totoro, Grave of the Fireflies...) and I am hoping to see the rest.
I am very fond of their artwork. I'd like to visit their museum, someday.

I didn't know that Ghibli did Grave of the Fireflies.

Anywaym I don't like anime that much, except when it is Ghible work. Princess Mononoke is in my top five favorite movies of all time and I doubt it will be leaving anytime soon. I love how the story changes as the movie goes on and the theme of the whole film. I think it showed a realistic view of boths sides and made every character likeable, or at least understandable.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a big fan of Studio Ghibili's work. I've seen all of their movies that have been released in North America on DVD. I just today purchased Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Porco Rosso & The Cat Returns.
KonRei

The Sharingan Archer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i bought the DVD of Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited Away) and Hotaru no Haka (Grave of the Fireflies)...i really liked Grave of the Fireflies not only because ot was based on a true story, it also showed how people of Japan suffered and survived during the world war (i kinda cried a bit really!).....the ending song of Spirited Away is really nice.....and lastly i looked on the Culture Crash comics that I bought, the Ghibli Museum was here in Marikina City, Philippines......too bad I didn't see Hayao Miyazaki in-person.....

Today's angel are tomorrow's devil...fear it, live it, die with it... -Kon Rei
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have seen Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke, but I never paid attention to made them. I'll have to check out the other ones since I liked those two.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well... all I can say that I have (looking at the brief list) is that I have spirited away and princess mononoke... I like both the graphics and unique designs which help expands ones imaginations unbelievably hahaha... but I have loads more and do not know whether they were made by this guy or not... but both these animes don' make it into my top ten animes but meh... they are still pretty good... even though I had it years before most people in this country... (United Kingdom) no I did not download it... I travlelled and found it in the markets of Hong Kong... hah...

JNX out
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ehm...everyone, I think grave of the fireflies was made by Bandai (Just watched the movie yesterday), or am I wrong? BTW the film itself is really sad, and I burst to tears at the last scene where their spirits watching the modern japan. It really is a touching scene.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: