Suikoden United and Irrational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What games should they make sequels of
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering that Star Ocean III has sold very well here, I would expect a sequal...until then, I think they'd rake in a load of money if they just ported Star Ocean: The Second Story...

*also begs for a Valkyrie Profile sequal*

(Hey, it's possible, Tri-Ace has been doing well as of late...)

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

*also begs for a Valkyrie Profile sequal*

(Hey, it's possible, Tri-Ace has been doing well as of late...)

YES!!! Must have the sequel!!! I can't wait t'til that happens.. Tri-Ace and Enix/SquareEnix are doing well and i agree. A Valkyrie profile may not be too far away.

Unfortunately for me, i don't see much activity at ATLUS. They made games like Thousand Arms or even Brigandine. They could do so much with the PS2 system now. What are they doing? :(

St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Valkyrie Profile was basically a cult hit, and has not come even close to warranting it's own sequel :(

Hrist Hrist I want more Hrist!
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i don't know... i never played valkiry profile... what kind of game is it?? game play, chars, scenario? care to tell me more about this game? pls?
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Valkyrie Profile was basically a cult hit, and has not come even close to warranting it's own sequel

That's what people said about Final Fantasy Tactics, Xenogears, hell, even Star Ocean and perhaps it could have been said for Suikoden as well.

Quote:

i don't know... i never played valkiry profile... what kind of game is it?? game play, chars, scenario? care to tell me more about this game? pls?

Think: Tri-Ace (the geniuses behind Star Ocean) make a video game based on an anime version of Norse mythology. Add awesome battle system and tons of cool characters, bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, and enjoy. :mrgreen:

Sinocard wrote:
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol,well put Lunarblade.

And you are right about the FFT sequel. People who've played it want more. Yet, FFTA on Gameboy Advance seemed to have failed to impress. Perhaps they should try again on a Gamegirl (a name for the sucessor to the Gameboy :lol: . Yes, i was being silly)

Let's just hope Squenix take the hint.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol,well put Lunarblade.

And you are right about the FFT sequel. People who've played it want more. Yet, FFTA on Gameboy Advance seemed to have failed to impress. Perhaps they should try again on a Gamegirl (a name for the sucessor to the Gameboy :lol: . Yes, i was being silly)

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
*laugh*,well put Lunarblade.

And you are right about the FFT sequel. People who've played it want more. Yet, FFTA on Gameboy Advance seemed to have failed to impress. Perhaps they should try again on a Gamegirl (a name for the sucessor to the Gameboy :*laugh*: . Yes, i was being silly)

A double post by eh... well expect A PM coming your way heh...
I don't think square enix has gottent eh idea into their head and they most probably never will... they are running out of ideas fast and resorting to desperate measures... FFX-2 AND FFX1 are both in my opinion a complete waste of time... but I must admit that FFXII is turning out to look quite good... just my opinion remember... don't try and kill me ok?

Sequal... what Sequal... well I would most definately want a new Dynasty Warriors on the Xbox... the PS2 are getting a lot but crap ones I must admit... Dynasty tactics are a waste... not impressive in any way other than how boring it was...

another game would be something like... I dunno an anime game or something... why can't they make Trigun or something like that... think about how great the game would be... also I want .Hack to come to the Xbpx... I haven't reviewed it yet simply because it's on the Playstation 2... I just want a flaming great Role playing game on the Xbo other than Fable or Elder scrolls 3 : morrowind game of the year edition... I want something like suikoden... suikoden 2... t was so much easier to find decent games back in those days...
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think the should make a sequal to chaos legion
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More than anything I want to see the following sequels:

1) A true Sequel to Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I hear that the upcoming Zelda game is supposed to be just that, and for that I am grateful.

2) Dark Cloud 3, which I had heard was in development quite a while ago, and I would imagine Level 5 would keep it going.

3) LUNAR 3. Where the hell is it?

4) A true followup to the old school Sonic the Hedgehog games.

5) Another Mario Kart game like Double Dash.

6) The next installment in 'The Series that shall go unnamed' looks phenominal.

7) Devil May Cry 3 looks amazing, alot better than DMC2 was, I hope.

8) The next SSX game, by far the best and funnest Snowboarding games ever.

9) Another Donkey Kong platformer, done in similar manner to DK64 but better.

And Finally....

10) Mario 128.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JNX, if you wanted to play those games that much, why didn't you just buy a PS2?

Sinocard wrote:
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lunarblade wrote:
JNX, if you wanted to play those games that much, why didn't you just buy a PS2?

I did have a Playstation 2 before... but it was so dissapointing that I sold it and kept my Xbox instead... the Xbox has provided me with an immense amount of fun gaming... and for the playstation 1 games I play them on my Personal computer... and the same goes for nintendo 64 games, gameboy advance games, gameboy games and the old games on sega and nintendo such as ghost n ghouls streets of rage one, two, three and four... golden axe and all that... you know what those popular games are... you get the picture right? :wink:

Also... I think that if the playstation 3 is backwards compatible then wouldn't you agree that it would be better to get that instead of the playstation two? yeah... I will get both the playstation three and the Xbox 2/ Xenon... nothing can change my decision now... the playstation three will be for role playing games and the Xbox 2/Xenon will be for everything else... and by getting these well... the playstation 3... I can order myself a copy of suikoden 3 and suikoden 4 and finally play them, but I can not be sure of this untill more information is leaked and most importantly... until the consoles actually come out here in the United Kingdom... :) What I really hope though... is that the next generation consoles will be all region or whatever it's called... so I can import games from Japan and such... if you think about it? wouldn't they be making more profit if it was all regions playable? I mean not only will their target audience be aimed at the people with Japanese bought playstation twos and Xbox's... but with the all regions thing they will be aiming to sell things to a target audience... of the world... increasing the number of availble buyers right? This would mean more profit and more shipping, selling and the doh... you following me here? :wink:

as for how the playstation 2 dissapointed me... I had a bunch of games... I will list wha I had...
-Tekken tag tournament and tekken 4
-Grand theft auto vice city
-Dead or Alive two
-Dynasty warriors 3 and Dynasty warriors 4
-Dynasty tactics
-Kessen two
-Max Payne
-the series that will not be named X
-Genma Onimusha

well I can't exactly remember some of the others... but I had around fifteen more and I had already fniished all of them within the time of two weeks... yeah this was during the holidays and yes, since it was new and all I was playing them for around 14 hours a day... having little sleep... but hey it was quite fun playing it at night... where all lights are out and everything is focused on your widescreen TV... now that was some quality gaming time... oh... memories...

The Xbox... well with all the time I was spending on my Playstation two, there was hardly time for it... but after all the Playstation two games were finished I moved on to the Xbox where I had very few games... but the three games I had... lasted me more than a month... honest to God, and I am still playing those very games to this day... those games are Halo 1 (can't get enough of kicking the crap outta my big headed cousins) Elder Scroll three : Morrowind - Game of the year edition (with all the races, all the class... well there's more variety that one can handle...) and Dead or Alive three (same reason as Halo... I love beating up people in games... saves energy from reality... lol) well that's all I can remember from the two consoles but if you want to know more about something please feel free to ask... laters :wink:

*Edited to correct a few things... bad mistakes... :( *
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lunar 3 is a definately must for a sequal. It only falls an extremely short distances behind Suikoden in my book.

Legend of Legaia needs a true sequal I want my Ra-seru fix! The best combat system ever. I love though whole inputing the moves, it never gets boring.

Wild Arms which is coming out sometime soon is another one I'm looking forward too.

Valkerie Profile? That was such a great game. Wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to that either.

Treasures of Rudra and Treasure Hunter G they were both for Japanese SNES but they were AWESOME games and defiantely deserve another one. Though I'd just be satified with a remake for the US.

Lufia Series another great SNES games, one of my all time favorites.

And finally Mario RPG a real one not some stupid Paper Mario. Probably the best RPG of my childhood.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some games that i would like to be made sequels:

1. Grandia 3
2. Lunar 3
3. Legend of Dragoon 2
4. Legaia 3
5. Dragon Force 3( for PS2 or PS3 )
6. Vandal Hearts 3
7. Star Ocean 4

I would want Grandia III the most, since i liked the three previous games including Xtreme, but one thing that bothers me is, what is Game Arts doing? They haven't made any new games for a long time now. Are they out of business?
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To start off Suikoden 5: This game pretty much explains itself.

Socom 2: I really liked Socom 2 so it would be nice if there was a sequel
to it, if there is a way for there to be one.

Parasite Eve 2: I liked this game because of its wierdness, and thought it would be nice for there to be a sequel of it on Play Station 2 or 3.

Medal of Honor Frontline: I am a big fan of this series and even more of World War 2. It would be awesome if they made one with the Battle of the Bulge, and the march into Germany. And is there anybody here that knows what The Battle of the Bulge is i feel like im the only one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: