Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What games should they make sequels of
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarah

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say: Valkyrie Profile (especially that the story doesn't seem complete), and Secrat of Mana (in English).
Luna Nova

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think a sequel to Kartia would be nice, and maybe Chrono Cross too.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to let you know Locke it has been pretty well confirmed that Xenosaga episodes one through four are all direct prequels to Xenogears which is episode five of Xenosaga. In a book in Japan they have already listed out the plans for the most part and after a remake of Xenogears they are planning a final game which will be a sequel to it and the previous four games. Xenosaga episode two will be out here in North America shortly. As far as Suikoden goes well of course there is going to be several more sequels following the fourth at least two I can imagine. I mean come on they have to do one for the whole Falena thing and at least one for Harmonia if not more than one. I mean I could see number six being another prequel detailing the beginnings of Harmonia followed by the finale which has been indicated somewhere at some point would be where the final battle would take place.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Diaz wrote:
I would love to see a sequel to Chrono Trigger (I know about Chrono Cross, but I would like to see something a little closer to Chrono Trigger's timeline).

Chrono Trigger's timeline? When is that? :lol:

[quote="Rheo]A new Starcraft (not Starcraft: ghost) would be great, but I heard that most of the production team left Blizzard...
[/quote]

To my knowledge, they are making one. They got another race, a hybrid of Zerg and Protoss. Talk about surreal...

Sarah wrote:
I would say: Valkyrie Profile (especially that the story doesn't seem complete),

I don't know. It seems complete to me. But I would kill for a sequel of Valkyrie Profile anyways.

I would like to have these sequels made:

Valkyrie Profile - It's just too cool.

King of Fighters series - I do hope that there is a KOF 2004. Heck, they made KOF '94 up to '03, i hope SNK didn't go broke or something like that!

Diablo II - A Diablo III :twisted: . And they could have a Samurai class or something like that. They probably will, since Diablo II was soooo addictive.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chrono Cross sequal I heard there was goign to be one.. Chrono Break.. anywho I know not much about it.
I'd like to see a sequal to a old Sega game, like Toe Jam and Earl, or better yet my fave sega game of a all time, they should make a Streets of Rage 5. I remember renting 1-4 and beating it on very hard with my best friend at the time cass. Great times..

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I don't know. It seems complete to me. But I would kill for a sequel of Valkyrie Profile anyways.

I agree. While the first half of the chapters dealt with taking out the undead and doing your duty, the other half (depending on your mode and desire to play) dealt with you struggling with humanity. Despite what you do: if you choose to make the game more personal, or just follow the storyline and not get the A ending, the storyline is very very linear. Ragnarok is coming and does come eventually, and then it is over. If you're curious Sarah, as to what happens next, google norse mythology and read the results of what happened after Ragnarok...and read the myth about Brynhild (the valkyrie that Lenneth was loosely based on). VP follows the norse line loosely, however, there are some major changes to certain gods and beings, and whatnot...but it's still nice to get a feel for the backbone of the game.

Spoilers for Valkyrie Profile-

See, in the A ending, Lenneth sees Lucian again and they are together forever, it seems, and there's not much else to go on. Some of the gods get reborn into a new world that is created after Ragnarok...but I haven't been reading much into that. That's basically why there is nothing really to go off of, at the end of Valkyrie Profile, since the A ending is the true ending, whereas Lenneth just goes to sleep again in the B ending. Like I said, the only way to continue the series would be to explore Brahms, Hrist and Silmeria, even Beliza, since we know almost nothing about them.
Sarah

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
If you're curious Sarah, as to what happens next, google norse mythology and read the results of what happened after Ragnarok...and read the myth about Brynhild (the valkyrie that Lenneth was loosely based on). VP follows the norse line loosely, however, there are some major changes to certain gods and beings, and whatnot...but it's still nice to get a feel for the backbone of the game.

I already know the myth of Ragnarok, St. Ajora, I have read so many books on Norse Mythology, and, yes,I am going to read more.

I've played Valkyrie Profile, and finished it twice (Endings A and B)...
The thing that made me feel the story isn't yet complete, is A)Silmeria, B)What Brahms said at the very end (before the Seraphic Gate appears). It looked like they were still some incomplete stories they wanted to go on with... that's all.

(I thought Lenneth was based on Sigrdrifa?)
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, tell me about it. As for the story itself, there's nothing more to be done (except look in the myths themselves)...but the characters whom they have not followed up on would be AWESOME.

I dunno, I always thought it was Byrnhild, since she was put to sleep for disobedience (a big part of that, loving a human) and certain elements of that tale just seemed to influence lenneth's background, as well as her past connections with Lucian. I'll read up on Sigrdrifa...I think they were the same person, in some myths, but in others, their reason for sleeping (disobedience, fear) seem to be quite different. Not that that's ever happened before in mythology *defeated sigh*
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For all those who like the chrono cross and would do something as small as sign up to at least get a percent of chance to at least get the makers to rethink about a sequel (chrono break) could you please visit http://chronolegacy.proboards19.com/index.cgi
and sign in the petition. click on the chrono break petition contact and give what ever details they ask for and you will be entered. All your help is appreciated. Thanks in advance :wink:
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to have to insert the usual "online petitions don't work, so don't waste your time".
Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vanguard bandits
Xenogears
Final fantasy VIII
Chrono cross
Legend of dragoon
Shadow of destiny
Chaos legion
Ico
Primal
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aymelek- yeah I was talking about a third version. FromSoftware is making another game and is apparently 'taking a break from Otogi', so it seems likely that there will be another one...although it would be hard to find a good storyline for the game.

Another Seiken Denetsu would be great...it would be cool if SquareEnix could merge 2 and 4(4 was legend of mana right?)...have the fighting and magic stuffs of 2 with the world building of 4. And make it nothing like Sword of Mana...that game bites the big one.

As for the Chrono series...isn't there a group who are working on a version of the game or something? I saw something about it online...somewhere*sorry for sounding vague*

*<3's Masaya's avatar*
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok since ther are making xenosaga... i can'T ask for a sequel of xenogears... vanguard bandit woud be nice

chrono trigger too...

i hope the will make a next breath of fire ( less crappy than "dragon quarter"), maybe a sequel of B.O.F III, this would be nice.

suikoden (of course)

hummmm, secret of mana would be nice

humm.,... wirld arms,, i they are making a remake of the first one and i sure hope it will be out in America.

humm... strange how no one talked about final fantasy... could it be that it made its time????

humm.. finally... maybe.... ha!!! i know!! lufia!!! that was a gooooood game ( well they could at least make a remake....)
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could go for FFX-3. I mean, Tidus could maybe disappear again, and the 100 floor dungeon in Bevelle is revealed to be a 5,000 floor dungeon instead! And the whole game, you are trying to climb to the top floor, while some damn monkey keeps throwing barrels at you!

Oh, and Yuna and Rikku must be much sluttier than before. I felt their lack of sluttiness in FFX-2 very disrespectful. As a 20 year old male, I am appalled that any video game with females as the lead characters choose not to show more skin.

*takes tongue away from cheek*

I could go for another Saga Frontier and Vandal Hearts. SF looking back was very simple, and they could have really done more to develop the different planets. And Vandal Hearts I just can't get enough of.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ummm... I'd like to see sequels in the PS2 for...

Brigandine : Legend of Forsena (It's such a waste if they don't)
Thousand Arms
Valkyrie Profile
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure! :)
Breath of Fire :Dragon Quarter
Star Ocean III
Suikogaiden (I want the english version!!! Though i can read japanese...)

---- This m ay not be complete but these are mainly what i want. :idea:

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: