Suikoden Ugly and Informational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The most good or so-so underated Rpgs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilly Pendragon

Lilly's Entourage

8472 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: The most good or so-so underated Rpgs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone remember Xenogears? anybody. That was a good game and interesting.
What about Guardian's Crusade(It wasn't the bomb, but it was interesting about the toys and stuff
Shadow Madness(Alright)
Saga Frontier 2 (It was smoking on something, but it was good)

Why is it that all people know is about popular Rpgs istead of others
Ex. Everybody played Final fanasty 7 and not Legend of legaia or Dragon warrior 7 or even Suikoden 2
Its a shame on what people are missing. All about Madden and Action/fighting games. Sure they are great, but i know if they played some good Rpgs, they'll like them.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just couldn't get into Guardians Crusades, I don't know if it was the game, or it was the fact that it was a snow day the day I rented it. Living 3 blocks from the at the time best rental store in the area back then was cool.

Yeah, Xenogears is the bomb. I don't know what Square was thinking when they pulled the rug out from under that team. I'm really tempted to purchase the soundtrack for that game. Though, at the moment the best deal I can find is $35.

Earthbound is another game that is really great, but people look at the graphics and deem it "kiddy". That game is the game that really got me going. Sure, I played FF1 and Dragon Warrior 1 - 4 before that. But at the age of about 12, those games were above my head in terms of what to do, where to go and how good weapons were. There was nothing like fighting for an hour to buy a piece of armor only to find out it sucked. Thats one thing that got me hooked on Earthbound. The boxes around their names flashed if it was a better piece of equipment.

Star Ocean 2 is another game, though I've talked enough about that game in the Star Ocean 3 thread.

Brave Fencer Musashi if you consider that an RPG. And I actually recall reading somewhere that a Sequel is in the works, that would be stellar.

And last, but not least, both Lunar games. Those games are just fun. They both are light hearted, yet serious at the same time.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shadow Hearts is a very interesting game ifyou give it a chance. Horror RPG set in the 1920's with an innovative ring system. It has it's annoying points (Again! With! The! Graveyard!), but it's well worth 19.99 or so. There's a sequel out now too but I haven't had a chance to play that yet, so I won't rec it.

And if you can find Valkyrie Profile, you should play it. Wonderful RPG, especially if you're a norse mythology nut.

(And I'll definately second Star Ocean 2 - that game is most definately worth playing.)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Live-a-live is intersting...I've yet to snag myself earthbound and some other older games.

Rudra's Tressure (or how ever you trasnlate the title)isn't as bad as the massses say so, has a very small fan base, but I'm hoping to try and make it grow.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shining in the darkness *sega genesis* was a good game, although the dungeons were a bit frustrating in the beginning.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm, heard Earthbound is very rare, saw a used copy at a local store the other day, for 79.99 canadian.

I enjoyed Lunar SSS, it was just a good, fun rpg.

I'll recomend Beyond the....*gets shot*

How about Vandal Hearts 2? Didn't really get the credit it deserved, and was challenging I thought....The whole skill in weapon system was prety cool.

Other then that, I really havn't played any good underappreciated games, most are either crap or have been recognized.......Maybe....Karita? It was a different game, tough but different, but is still not toooo bad. I'm still somewhat playing it, it's a little tought to get into it though...
Jebus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

william wrote:
hmm, heard Earthbound is very rare, saw a used copy at a local store the other day, for 79.99 canadian.

Is it now? *hugs his Earthbound cartridge*

Yeah. I'd have to agree. I frequent a Final Fantasy message board (www.eyesonff.com <_<) and all some of the people talk about is FFVII. Its really irritating. I mention that FFVII isn't all that great and that some other game (usually use Suikoden) is better. It may be annoying, but how entertaining their reaction is proportional to their newbieness.

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone ever heard about Fallout?

Also one a few other good RPGs that i have played would have to be legend of Legaia, Arc The Lad, Dark Cloud, and I also enjoyed the Star Ocean games.

As for older games I enjoyed playing Earthbound, did you know they had an Earthbound zero on the NES. Magic Knight Rayearth I thought had a nice storyline.

I've played all three of the Saga Frontier games but i did not like the 3rd one that much.

Also i thought that FF6 was much much better than FF7
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Live-A-Live is a very fun game. I loved the party system, and even what little story there was was pretty interesting.

Treasure of the Rudras, Rudra no Hihou, whatever it's called; that game was a blast. Good stories, fun battles, and creating your own magic spells was great.

I'll put in a vote for the Soul Blazer series on SNES, which consisted of Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma. The Tales series before Tales of Symphonia has also been rather overlooked, and all those games are a hell of a lot of fun.

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that the first Alundra game for the Playstation was a very good but underrated game. It had a very mature (almost disturbing) storyline and can be very challenging, but is also quite fun.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: The most good or so-so underated Rpgs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

bqqb wrote:
Does anyone remember Xenogears? anybody. That was a good game and interesting.

That game, if anything, is highly overrated among the RPG community. It had top grade story, but everything else was merely decent.

Of course, compared to the more mainstream genres, RPGs are not exactly the most popular around.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being the old school gamer that I am two of my favorite so-so RPG's would have to be the first two Dragon Warrior games on the NES. Crappy graphics due to being a NES game and not the greatest storyline, but I enjoy playing them and wish I could find both of them.

The Death Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shadow Hearts 1, and Covenant is a must-have, forget about Star Ocean 3 or Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

Lunar 1, Lunar 2 is crappy compared to the 1st.

Valkyrie Profile.

Legand of Dragoon.

Legend of Legaia 1 & 2.

Even Suikoden series are arguably included in this category.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

koie made a "the journey west" game, its not that bad. picked it up for 15 dollars.
I did't play wildarms through or legend of legaia all the way, honestly i think I din't complete a lot of games.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Journey West game you are referring to is Saiyuki, that game was amazing. I'd buy a copy if I could find 1 now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: