Suikoden United and Irenic Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What was your toughest Final boss battle?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There have been a few of them that when I think back on it were laughable.

1) Ganon, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - The essence of the classic Zelda boss is that they are to be imposing, large, and extremely powerful, but with one inherent weakness in design. It took me about 10 tries, beating Ganondorf and racing out of the tower in under the time limit and watching the whole cinematic, only to lose and have to repeat it. After a while, I got impatient, went on gamefaqs.com and learned to roll under his legs, after that he was a snap.

2) Zophar, LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue - Funny story about me and this game; when I first bought it in Florida, I rushed home to play it immediately. After toiling through it, and arriving at the last boss at lv 57, and discovering I would be getting owned and could do nothing about it, I put the game in a drawer and forgot about it for 9 months.

One day 9 months later out of sheer boredom I grab the game and throw it in my PS2. I play through to near the end, remembering just how fun the game was to play, and this time do the 'Chiro Mongrel Trick' and get up to lv 70, where I then beat Zophar no problem. The real penalty here was the first 33 hour playthrough, but now L2 is one of my top RPGs :)

3) The Dark Genie, Dark Cloud - A surprisingly epic last battle, made unique because all 6 playable characters had to be used in one of the 6 part battle. In more than one of them, you were hit by projectiles that you couldnt see or stop, and in all of the others you had to switch your elements really quickly to match the genie's attribute.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I forgot about another one. The final boss in MegamanX4 was extremely hard. I think his name is Sigma. He has three forms. I rarely beat the second one. I still haven't beat the game. :(
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really found the final boss in the game "Legend of Dragoon" to be a tough one. I really liked the battle though.

However, I would say the final boss in "Okage: Shadow King" takes the cake for most challanging boss battle.

If Ari (the leader) dies in battle, game over, despite how healthy the other two allies are. If that didn't make it worst, the final boss battle is literally invinsible. It could take you hours to beat, if you can beat it that is. People have been known to use the gameshark on the game when attempting to fight the final boss. However, they still fail to defeat the final boss battle!
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lunar shadows wrote:
I really found the final boss in the game "Legend of Dragoon" to be a tough one. I really liked the battle though.

Oh, you mean that Melbu Frahma guy? I suppose he was kind of hard. But it sure was long. Maybe it was because i leveled up some before going to the moon place. My final team there was Dart, Rose and Haschel. You just simply cannot remove Dart for the obvious reason that he's the main character, Rose has a powerfull attack, and Haschel has Thunder power! The only difficulty i had in it was Rose's HP was just low enough for Melbu Frahma, in the final stage of the boss battle, to kill with one move. I used up Haschel to revive her. Didn't need to use any dragoon power, too.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: