Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What was your toughest Final boss battle?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The hardest Boss I fought was Baal, from Disgaea...

By the way, I never defeated him.
Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Penance in Final Fantasy X International. I spent an hour to beat him and it is clearly one of the most challenging and tedious boss battle ever because his arms keep regenerating.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The toughest final boss would have to be the final boss of Final Fanatsy 10-2. I never played it but i watched my brother who overly surpasses me in game tactics had a very hard time with it.

The battle was very weird too, and i liked the music.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The toughest boss for me was Safer Sephiroth (damn that Supernova spell, it looked cool, if only we could use it...). Of course, once I loaded Knights of the Round on him....things suddenly changed.

I have heard that Necron was tough, but have not faced him myself yet...eventually I will go back and play FFIX, but not for awhile...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always had trouble with the last boss in Final Fantasy IV. It doesn't help that you have to spend hours upon hours leveling up in that game. It takes forever. I hate Zeromus!
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
have heard that Necron was tough, but have not faced him myself yet...eventually I will go back and play FFIX, but not for awhile...

Oh, on the contrary. Necron would have to be one of the easiest final bosses in the FF series, if not the easiest. If you have Dragon's Crest for Freya and Thievery for Zidane, and even a Shock for Steiner, the battle will go very easily. I had not trouble in defeating him whatsoever. Even Exdeath from FFV and Ultemicia from FFVIII was harder. So you don't have to worry about Necron. Just Ozma.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I always had trouble with the last boss in Final Fantasy IV. It doesn't help that you have to spend hours upon hours leveling up in that game. It takes forever. I hate Zeromus!

Agreed. But actually, I found the path to Zermus trickier even than the boss. That was one hell of an endurance trial in the crystal chambers.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
GoatLord

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ghaleon from Lunar:SSSC was kindof annoying what with his auto-death attack. But you can predict his attacks based on his animation, so he loses because White Dragon Protect can go up right before Fate Storm every time.

The big desert boss guy from FFX-2 was certailnly the lognest boss fight at 2.5 hours, but it wasn't that hard if you know how you can damage him. He also wasn't technically a final boss, but he was still a pain.

Zemorous in Japanese version of FFIV was a royal pain. I only beat him through the use of copious amounts of save states.

If you count all 4 of his minnions, the boss of Xenogears was a pain.

On the flip side, while he's not technically the very last boss, Cray has to be the most pitiful boss of all time.
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about bowser from Super Mario World? Man that was tough dodging fireballs, fire breath, axes, and his body all at the same time. Sure if you could manage to make it through the entire LVL 8 without losing your big size, it's easy... but man that stinks. The big dude gets my vote for toughest ever!

I fought the final boss in Arc the Lad:TOTS for over two hours. That wasn't hard.. put it was time consuming.
Same way with trying to line up those colors in chroncross, but that wasn't as hard as it was stupid.
I wasn't a real fan of getting my butt kicked by Deus either in Xenogears. Sure if you leveled up your gear you'd be fine, but I don't usually do that stuff. My gears got wiped out trying to defeat his power orbs, and then I got wiped out by him. Of course that's nothing a few hours in the lighthouse won't fix.
Star Ocean: The Second Story has the dumbest final boss ever. If you aren't fast enough, he just runs around and you'll never hit him. But... he rarely ever hit me either. But it's a fitting end to a really crappy game.
I also second the thoughts I've read on this page on Disgaea and FF IV.

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The other boss battle that i had difficulty in beating it was Zophar's Final Form in Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete for the PS 1. He has many HP-depleting and MP-depleting attacks, and his high HP number made things more difficult. I spent 70% of my time in that battle healing my characters, and emerged victorious after a long fight. It was fun, though.
ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The hardest boss battle for me would be the final boss of ff8 especially ultimecia-griever my hands are always shaking when I reach the final form of ultimecia I don't know how many hours wasted til I beat her and sepiroth of ff7 the one that have wings I forgot the name.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ed_20 wrote:
The hardest boss battle for me would be the final boss of ff8 especially ultimecia-griever my hands are always shaking when I reach the final form of ultimecia I don't know how many hours wasted til I beat her and sepiroth of ff7 the one that have wings I forgot the name.

I suppose ultemicia was pretty hard. But not unless you converted the Bahamut card into the 100 megaelixers. That makes a enormous amount of difference when fighting the final boss of FFVIII.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
ed_20 wrote:

I suppose ultemicia was pretty hard. But not unless you converted the Bahamut card into the 100 megaelixers. That makes a enormous amount of difference when fighting the final boss of FFVIII.

Ultimecia is not really that hard if you have large stockpiles of Aura and the Lion Heart Limit Break, which easily depletes all of Ultimecia's boss forms in a matter of a few minutes.
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The most difficult boss I ever fought has to be Gabriel (Indalecio) from Star Ocean 2. I swear, this was the only final battle where I had to screw my jaw back on. The unlimited version is even worse! GAH! He's fast and has the most powrerful spells EVER!

The runner-up has got to be Zophar, but that could be because I only had two silver lights. Otherwise, I think he would have been considerably easier.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Black Knight wrote:
The toughest final boss would have to be the final boss of Final Fanatsy 10-2. I never played it but i watched my brother who overly surpasses me in game tactics had a very hard time with it.

The battle was very weird too, and i liked the music.

Whaaaa? No way...Vegnagun took me less than 10 minutes to beat and I was only in the 60's...your bro must have been seriously underlevelled, because everyone seems to got a bone to pick with X-2's insanely easy boss :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: