Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What was your toughest Final boss battle?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If we're only talking about Final Bosses then I'll go with Indalecio as well. If we're talking about bosses in general, I'll go with Emerald Weapon & Yunalesca.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indalecio huh? I guess I have something to look forward to. Anyway, the hardest final boss battle I recall was the last dude in Arc the Lad II. On second thought, it wasn't all that difficult, but more frustrating and way too long. If it wasn't for a special character from Arc I, I would've taken a couple of hours to beat it. Wild Arms 3 had a kinda difficult final boss, if I remember right. Out of all bosses, I'd say Omega Weapon from FFVIII. I never really put much effort into beating all the other optional bosses (Ozma, Sephiroth, etc.), so I can't say if any of them were any harder.

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The hardest boss battle for me was Promithous off of Star Seige. It toke me many a try to beat him but with some luck and some good game play no game is unwinable if played right.

Hay and for you guys who had troble with the omega weapon Ha! he was a push over!
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Hay and for you guys who had troble with the omega weapon Ha! he was a push over!

You're talking about the one from FFVIII right? All the other Omega's were easy...

I did find out that It is easier to beat Omega weapon at a lower level than a higher one.
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmm.... for me it was mostly optional bosses who were pain in the as#.

like emerald and ruby weapon in final fantasy 7.
i still hated the last boss of tales of destiny 2 but only until i knew i had to use aurora wave. hahahaha.... it took me 3 battles to do so.... this is lame... anyway... the boss in tales of destiny 2 who made me KFHDKLFHSAIOE ( you understood what I meant) was valkyrie. it was LONG, PAINFUL and TRICKY, i always had to make a quick attack and then withdraw to prevent any damage because if she gets you in a corner... your dead buddy!!.

I hated also the golem for the first time we fought it in suikoden III he uses meteor and it kills almost everybody in one shot, I had to do some hell of a level up to finally be able to beat this guys for the first time.

hmm next there was sin overdrive in final fantasy 10. if you don't upgrade... your dead because you have to kill him... AND FAST!!!.

hummm, that was the boses i could think of. but usually it is not the booses that freak me out, its' usually the way to get there.

p.s

on a comical tone, in breath of fire III. teepo, while a pain in the neck in dragon form, was not such a threath once you knew his pattern. however, at one time, rei -transformed in a weretiger- attacked me and then was killed by teepo. i only had ryu with a very little life . hopefully, after a few turns, i was able to revive rei and with his speed I revived everyone else....SIGHHHHH MAN THAT WAS CLOSE !!!!!
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shinryu-FFV, is hard if you don't know how to kill him.

Darth Malak-KOTOR, I do pretty good at the start, but then he drains my life and stuns me and then kills me.

Darth Sion-KOTOR 2, You have to beat him 4 times and by then Im out of medpacs, and then he gets me.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Haha I thought that you said Shuyin and I'm thinking HUH? I beat him last night in about 12 hits. It's pathetic when the two bad asses of the game take less than 15 minutes to beat.

Hmm for me it probably would have been Tyr, back when I was 10 and playing BoF for the first few times. That wench would NOT die. And I didn't have Agni. I had to continue the next morning because it took me so long to get to her that night. I remember feeling relief after beating Jade, and then my happiness was stolen away from me when she attacked me :(

My toughest FF boss would have to be...well, when I was 10 or 11, it was Kefka, but I can take him out in 10 minutes now. So currently, it is probably Jecht and Necron, tied. I don't count Yu Yevon as a final boss since come on, you get revived and he doesn't attack you. All you have to do is use Zombie and he kills himself. Jecht is more of a challenge, but wasn't too hard. I wasn't panicking like I was when I fought Necron, who kill off everyone and had Armarant on his knees with 1 HP. I still can't believe I won. Tee hee. Seph was easy, Ultimecia wasn't too bad, if you knew what you were doing, but I think that Necron was definately my most OH NOES boss. I remember facing the FF4 boss once, but I only lasted about a minute. That's when I didn't know how to play. That doesn't count!

edit: For the record, Yunalesca was a fun boss. She doesn't like Holy. And her music was awesome. Same with Seymour. I loved fighting them.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF6Sage wrote:
Anyway, the hardest final boss battle I recall was the last dude in Arc the Lad II. On second thought, it wasn't all that difficult, but more frustrating and way too long. If it wasn't for a special character from Arc I, I would've taken a couple of hours to beat it.

Choko made the Arc the Lad Series a joke. She was just too insanely powerful, but it was fun using her, though.

You can't use her in Arc the Lad 3, but it was easy as well thanks to a combination of the levelling up trick (for the entire party), Romantic Stone, and Anrietta's ridiculous spells. She was the goddess of the battlefield.

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ghaleon from Lunar SSSC. He was such a pain. He was at the same level of your main character. Thus there is no way really to overlevel for the boss battles in that game at all. Also, Ghaleon had all the top level spells in the game and he can cast two of them a round. Lets through in a shield that takes about 1000 points of damage to destroy before you can hurt him. All that equals a pain in the you know what.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

for me its still the emerald and ruby weapons, but that doesnt really count since most everyone has trouble with them... so putting them aside... the hardest boss for me would be... well, I cant think of ONE single hardest boss, so Ill just list some that I thought were pretty tough
the omega weapon, you know which one
ganondwarf from windwaker (he was tough when I first played it and used the shield a lot)
the wierd thingie from the original pikmin (took me forever to kill that thing)
and currently Im playing devil may cry and Im stuck on the spider the first time you fight it... grrr... stupid spider
yeah, some of you may think these guys are easy (unless youve never played the game) but I thought they were tough
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Robin Wind in Star Ocean: Til The End of Time. That stupid little wind pixie just kept knocking my chracters out with that stupid tornado. I sware it took me like 20 tries to kill that stupid thing, and several smashed controllers and a broken hand as well. -_- God I ended up just letting the other two characters die and run away, then run in everyonce in a while when he isn't doing anything and doing a small quick attack then running away again. -_- arrrg.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ozma took me 23 times before I managed to defeat it, Paragon and Trema in the Bevelle Dungeon took about 50+ times.... those are the hardest bosses I've fought in the games I've played.

Yunalesca was a pain until I learned the trick to beat her (let her turn your guys into zombies, then her death attack won't hurt you, but you still have to dispel regen and other curative spells). After I learned that, I haven't lost to her since. (The trick is to finish her first form as fast as possible while conserving your overdrives and your aeon's overdrives).

The only other bosses that I've had real problems with were in Saga Frontier (Emilia and Blue's quests).

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Croix wrote:

Oh yeah, there was him as well. I didn't try to go and defeat him, even though he's one of the two optional extremely-hard-to-kill bosses. There wasa Shinryu and Omega (not Omega Weapon, mind you). But At least you could do some damage to Shinryu. My Coin Tosses did damage him, but was still hard. But Omega...man, at about two thirds of the time, my Coin Toss would have done 0 damage! And being at level 110 is just not fair.

Nutflush wrote:
Ozma took me 23 times before I managed to defeat it, Paragon and Trema in the Bevelle Dungeon took about 50+ times.... those are the hardest bosses I've fought in the games I've played.

Yunalesca was a pain until I learned the trick to beat her (let her turn your guys into zombies, then her death attack won't hurt you, but you still have to dispel regen and other curative spells). After I learned that, I haven't lost to her since. (The trick is to finish her first form as fast as possible while conserving your overdrives and your aeon's overdrives).

Hmm....I don't know about you guys, but Yunalesca wasn't that hard for me to beat. It only took me two tries (or only one...can't remember that well. Wow, it really has been a long time since i played it! :shock: ). Even though i barely survived, i'll admit. Jecht was harder than her IMO. Well, i had the International Version, which had the Dark Aeons, and the Dark Shiva would continuously rain 9999 damage all over the screen! i really need to try to defeat those guys.

Ozma was harder. I think it took me about the same number of tries as well, Nutflush. But thanks to Freya's Dragon Crest (doing 9999 damage for only 16 MP ^_^) and Steiner's Shock, i managed to take good care of him :twisted: . As for Necron, he was easy.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For Ozma I had Quina's Frog Drop (after catching 100 to get her... his... its best weapon), then I just had Eiko spam Life, Dagger spam Curaga, and Zidane to Thievery (which did about 7000). It took me quite a long time... but I guess there's some strategy about Ozma's turns (how if you do it right it never does 3 attacks in a row, or something) but I never bothered with that.

In X, I redid the Sphere Grid, so they all had maxed stats (except HP, which was the base for each character) but if I had the internation version I think I'd be able to handle the Dark Aeons with those characters. They all get like 20 turns each before the boss gets a chance, and in the meanwhile each guy can do 99,999 per hit. :D

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had some issues with the final boss of Star Ocean 2 as well...but it mostly came down to strategy, I just figured out that I needed to sandwich him between Ashton and Claude and pound away with Leon and Rena...he went down.

I also had some MAJOR problems with the final boss in Lunar 2...if you don't use White Dragon Protect constantly, you're screwed. Even with it, he's casting 4+ powerful area spells a turn, it hurts.

I will have to say my hardest battle is the old standby, the Wiegraf/Velius fight in Final Fantasy Tactics. At the time, I didn't have either Yell or Accumulate, so that took me a good 7 or 8 tries to do (and I only got lucky, nailing him with a crit while I was at low hitpoints)...the second part of the battle was easier with my party there, I just had Ramza run away while the others went in. Still, the winning battle took me almost an hour. :shock:

EDIT: How could I forget Barbarossa from Valkyrie Profile? You have to do 100,000 damage to him or else he destroys you! Though the final boss in that game was pathetic...

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: