Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Wild ARMs Alter Code:F

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Wild ARMs Alter Code:F Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have just recently played the full version of this game (Japanese of coarse...) and I just have to say from what I played this game is brilliant and improves on the original by oh soo much, though I am not saying that Wild ARMS really needed improvement, as that game was already great back in its day. Anyhow, when I witnessed the opening movie (of sorts) I was basically stunned, mostly just because of the cool music that was playing and the high nostalgia factor, but just seeing familiar faces and characters...it was just so good. The originals movie played out much like that as well, though it was still heaps good.

You start of as Rudy (as the first Wild ARMS sort of implored you to do) and I don't recall that you have a choice in the matter right at the beginning of the game, though that did not bother me as I always play games the way things were intended to be. His hometown (in a manner of speaking) looked so great and was quite large and highly detailed. The houses were quite large and many items where scattered around the village in barrels and such. My biggest grief for this game was how you could no longer pick up the chickens and throw them...NOO!!! That was the best part!!! Okay I am just joking...And you also cannot bomb the dog and make it chase you either!!!

Okay back to more serious matters LOL. The graphics for Wild ARMS Alter Code F are very impressive, especially when compared to the original Wild ARMS. Your main characters body is quite detailed and looks much better than what they used to. When I first stepped out onto the game's World Map I was sort of stunned at how good it looked. The forests were particularly good, as the trees looked nice and when you move through them it is much like what happens in the Final Fantasy games. Well that does not play a big factor but I liked it all the same. The battle graphics are supremely great, and the background change and differ on each environment. The standard plains are just desert and such, and then the beach is...well what a beach looks like, the forests look the best to me as it is completely dark when you battle, by which I mean the background, as you are in a forest so it all makes sense and no sunlight is visible because of all the tress. And of coarse the dungeons look just as nice and differ once more.

The enemies look very impressive as they are no longer pathetic little sprites that animate so poorly...And I do not recall hearing those weird and stupid noises the goblins and other such enemies used to make in the original, now you all know what I am talking about...Anyway they look a long shot more improved in comparison to the original's. The ocean surrounding the islands is quite nice to look at as well...

The music for this game is great, and is much like the original Wild ARMS music, though a lot crispy and smoother, and some is just remixed to sound very similar. Either way you will get a chill from hearing the great music if you have played the first one many times and finished it. It is just a great feeling playing a remake of an older game on a next generation system... I cannot wait for the English language version to be released so I can enjoy the storyline better. Oh and in case any of you do not know you can control other members for you party besides just your original team later in the game.
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i got 10 bucks down on this in EB. Lookms awesome. wild arms 1 ruled after all (2 was so-so and 3 was cel shaded)

but the soundtrack is relativly intact? wa1's ost ESPECIALLY the opening move was great

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pretty much, as it all sounds very similar to be true to the original Wild ARMS. And I have also heard that a lot more is added into this game, like more side quests and an overall increase in how long the game is. At least by doing this, the developers will create a nostalgic atmosphere for those who have played/completed the original, and just a longer good old RPG for everyone else, and this game should make a name for people not familiar with the Wild ARMS games, or just sway people back to buying these games for the people who disliked the cel-shaded Wild ARMS 3. And the good thing about this game is that it shall set the stage for Wild ARMS: Another Code F, now known as The 4th Detonator...
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Wild Arms 3, and I have been waiting so long for Alter Code F!
The bad thing is, it comes out the same month as Suikoden 4 -_-|||
I have already reserved for Suikoden 4, I guess my Wild Arms has to wait...

I saw Another Code F (or Wild Arms 4), it looks pretty cool. The only problem I have is the character designs... somehow it just doesn't feel "Wild Arms"...

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alter Code F has thre additional characters that can join your party, which is good. I have it as well, but havn't been able to play it at all due to my PS2 being an SPC-50000. Apparently, Alter Code F has a bug that makes it impossble to stary on SPC-50000 types, and have some problems with older versions as well. Hopefully they fixed that for the NTSC version.
Sesshomaru69

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this game looks very fun but i heard that another Wild arms not Alter code but something else is coming out soon too....
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes the game you are refferring to was known as Wild Arms Another Code F, but seeing as that name was rather...well lets just say it would confuse a lot of people considering Alter Code:F sounds very similar, so they now just call it Wild Arms: The 4th Detonator, which will be another great game in itself, though we still have a while to wait for that game as well, as it is not destined to be released in Japan until well into 2005 or so I have heard, so even longer until a US release...
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wild ARMs was the very first game i got for the PS1 i can't wait for this game to come out in the US.
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wild arms does not come out in jamurary as does suiko 4 (1-11-05) but rather in feburary where 3 other upper echelon rpg's are released. (xenosaga, ys, and phantasy star trillogy)

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eggith Cyrene wrote:
wild arms does not come out in jamurary as does suiko 4 (1-11-05) but rather in feburary where 3 other upper echelon rpg's are released. (xenosaga, ys, and phantasy star trillogy)

Meh, the guys at Gameforce and Gamestop told me is in Jan... (well they did add the word "hopefully"...)

Now it crashed with Xenosaga -_- I am not very interested in it, but my brother is...
And it crashed with Ys too?!?!?!?! Wow, very tough choice for me...

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember how much fun the orginal Wild Arms was the 2nd wasn't as good but it was alright, but the 3rd blew chunks all over the series, IMO of course. :o
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recently purchased the first, but have had the second and third for some time now. I like all of them, personally. Then again, it has occurred to me that my standards for entertainment aren't as high as most peoples.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm contemplating on whether to get this game or not. I basically watched my buddy play the old Wild ARMs, from front to back. I AM the type of person that has fun watching people play RPG's, but when I start to play an RPG that I saw someone practically beat the whole way though, then I don't get the same feeling. The same concept happened to me with Final Fantasy 7. I could have enjoyed it more.

I basically remember parts of the game, but not much else. So hopefully Rheo, inko, or someone else here can convince me to pick this game up. Although it's too close to call with Y's coming out at the same time.

1846 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dood...I can't wait for Alter Code F ^____^

I also can't wait to see my favorites in the game. Boomerang, Zed, Lucied (*points to name*), Ziekfried, Lady Harken, among others.
I love the original Wild Arms. I was just hoping they would do something similar to Wild Arms 2. Would be cool to see Anastasia and Lucied, and the others, in a more detailed game engine.

Can't wait for Alter Code F. I do worry a lot about The 4th Detonator, as it seems to be changing the game a lot. Especially the battle system. But I suppose that it could be just fine, and I'm worrying about nothing.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced The Lad, I would recommend at least hiring this game when it is released. I'll bet you would like it, even if you had seen/played a lot of the original Wild ARMS. The basic parts and storyline of this game are more or less the same/similar, though a good part of the game has added features like longer overall gameplay, like more sidequests and players to fight in your party. And let's not forget the great graphics this game has, yes there are better ones out there, but in comparison to the original this game sure has an impressive facelift.

Hey I played and finished the original Wild ARMS a few times, and I am still psyched to play the English version of this game when it comes out. I suppose it is not that big a deal, but you should give it a try anyhow when the time comes.

And Lucied, I too look forward to having another meeting with the familiar faces of this game, like the enemies and bosses. Boomerang would be cool, and yes of coarse I won't forget Lucied (*points to your name*)...Hopefully The 4th Detonator will not disappoint us when it makes it debut.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: