Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

RPG Maker
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: RPG Maker Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone get this Ps1 relic?? It's realy cool and fun(even though I haven't made a single RPG on it) Although I don't fully understand it yet, the instruction book bites. But have any of you made a RPG on it?? If so please help me!!
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lot of people, myself included, have used the PC version I imagine. Ask your question; I'm sure someone here can help.

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My questions are:

1-How do I make it when you talk to someone you then get into a battle

2-How do you make the shop keeper sell you stuff.

3-How do I make the games opening intro?
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first two are in the Events Commands dialogue; Start Combat and Call Shop.

For the third one, you'll have to just program it in like the normal game.

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks Synchysi, I apreciate it now I might be able to finaly finish my RPG. :D
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

www.gaminggroundzero.com

One of the best RPGMaker communities period. You might want to browse the tutorials and files if you want to accomplish something half serious.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never understood the workings of it, I spent some time setting effects for diologs and seniros involving stuff, but my objects dissapeard. also what command tells a tressure chest to stop giving out presents?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Baka

Fallen Gods

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess, Pc version is much better...

Besides, it's free :D and they already have the latest version which provides cooler system.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
also what command tells a tressure chest to stop giving out presents?

You'll have to set a switch. Make a new event page for the treasure box and set it's trigger to the condition that a certain switch is on. When the heroes search the box, have it turn that switch on and it should only give out one item.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this the same as RM2K?
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cloud wrote:
Is this the same as RM2K?

Well to my knowledge (which is limited since I haven't been into the RPG Maker loop for about a year), There are three RPG Maker programs for the PC. RPG Maker 95, RPG Maker 2000 and RPG Maker 2003.

RPG Maker 95 is the oldest one and doesn't really add that much that the newer versions already have. About the only thing that makes it interesting is it lets your characters follow behind you, caterpillar style. (Grandia, Lunar, etc.)

RM2K is a pretty good program, the only major problem I have with it is the battle system. Of course you could always make your own, but that would take forever.

RM2K3 has a much better system and it has a whole bunch of other things 2000 doesn't have that you can mess around with.

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only problem with RM2K3 in my opinion is the complete lack of downloadables you can get for it. I mean there is an almost infinate amount of stuff you can download for use in RM2K, but practically nothing for RM2K3, meaning you have to do it all yourself, and I'm too lazy.
Lilly Pendragon

Lilly's Entourage

8472 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How good is this game or either one of them. I saw Rpg maker2 and i didn't get because i thought it wouldn't be good
Solon Jhee

2031 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have both RPG Maker 1 and 2 for the PS2. There are aspects of both I like and don't like. Probably my favouite aspects of RPG Maker 2 is the massive improvement in world map generation and the transition to 3D. Now you can walk around in a fully expansive 3D world map you created. My favourite aspect of the first RPG Maker is the character creation. I liked how you had so many wonderful sprites to pick from. I never finished any of my RPGs on either game because it takes a long time to make but it was still pretty fun coming up with events and dialogue. One time, on the first RPG Maker, my cousin and I made a dating simulator. We were bored okay?! But to RPG Maker's credit, the character sprites to choose from made some interesting dates ha ha!
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I've used and made stuff on everything asides from RPGMXP.

It seems that the game system gives far better options and flexibility, however only those that are skillful artists will benefit from this one as its really hard to create your stuff otherwise. Hopefuly the community for this gets bigger sometime soon and more people start contributing and hopefuly someone translates the thing to english some time soon. If anyone here knows of an english version can you please post up the link.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: