Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What was your best gaming Moment?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My most satisfying gaming moment occured when i got all 120 stars in Mario 64. I can't even fathom how many hours that took. And i did it all to see Yoshi at the top of the castle and have him tell me thanks for playing, along with 100 extra lives. Pretty weak if you ask me, but i was glad that I did it.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Getting an advanced class and heading a becoming the leader of a guild in Ultima Online was one of the greatest real achievements I felt I had accomplished in a game.

Beyond that, I've had many great gaming moments.. Realising that Neclord was in Suikoden II via the little FMV sequence he appears in.. Winning various hard fought battles with my friends in WWF No Mercy for the N64 and King of Colosseum II on the PS2... and many more.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have three moments:

1- In 2 days I've beaten Gunstar Heroes, Streets of Rage I,II,III and Golden Axe in highest difficulty.

2- Done all the World Series in International Supesrstar Soccer Deluxe (You have to beat about 30 teams twice, if I remember well) as well as its Scenario mode in all difficulties.

3- Beaten Adel in FFVIII with 10 hp Squall (I was a bit lucky to even have an Invincible item to use, which granted me this unforgiving moment)

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Reideen

Silver Arrow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Old ones :

1. Finishing Koudelka (Oh my GAWD !!! What a difficultlevel this game has !)
2. To be so far to beat a one on two match in the Legendary-level at the Smackdown!-games (with me against two cpu's of course)

Recent ones :

Beating Johann with Pepe and Pupa at "Rage of the Dragons" (NeoGeo 2D-Beat 'em Up) - but I have to say I'm not that good at fighting games so it was quite an acomplishment for me ^^"
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This one will take a bit of explaining, but just tonight I beat Gemfire using Princess Gweyn, the only female leader that's playable in the game at the start. Gweyn has many things going against her when you start:

1. She doesn't have a Gem, which are seven powerful gods/goddesses that could turn the tide of a battle easily.

2. She only has two provinces out of thirty. Furthermore, these two provinces are beneath King Eselred's kingdom, who boasts the hardest Gem in the game.

3. Normally, it's tempting to just rush a province and obtain it when the enemy is weak, but Gwyen's resources are depleted very easily. It takes a long time to build up an army within just two provinces, and you need to decide who to attack and who to save for later.

From a strategy point of view, Gweyn had three things going for her that helped me win eventually.

1. Her provinces were at the absolute south of the land, so she wasn't surrounded by multiple kingdoms.

2. The plunder command became my best friend.

3. Gweyn was highly ignored by the other kingdoms as they duked each other out while I built up my army quietly.

A very satisfying victory, if I do say so, even if the ending is still the same.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Without a second thought in my head, defeating Wiegraf/Velius in FFT. My mother got me that game on a whim when I was in grade 9, because it was on sale. I immediately fell in love, and poured hours into the game. Everytime I got to Velius, however, I was completely massacred, no matter how strong my party or sound my strategies. I could always hack down all the foes preceding him, but Velius dominated me effortlessly. For four years... for four years... I was unable to defeat him. Finally, now in grade 12, I picked up the game around Christmas and spent weeks levelling and trainging my characters. My grasp on the game was now so concrete that I had wildly overpowered characters and fantastic techniques, even as early as chapter 2. My Ramza was an absolute killing machine. A Ninja, he was. Secondary ability Guts. Also had a Samurai, a Calculator, a mastered Wizard, a mastered Monk... ah, I forget.

Long story short, I took my exceptinally overpowered Ramza and demolished Velius. In like, 2 hits. Yell + Accumulate = ZOMG HEART.

Hahah, I love Final Fantasy Tactics. DIE VELIUS.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
butters

The Keeping It Real Krew

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha I Used yell so much on ramza i was attacking just normal wiegraf 4 times before he was able to get his turn but it wasnt like i needed those 3 extra turns to take him down.

But yes that to would also have to be my greatest gaming moment... Dumb Wiegraf..

RIP Eddie 1967 - 2005
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: