Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What was your best gaming Moment?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: What was your best gaming Moment? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My best gaming moment had to be is beating Halo 2 on Legendary Mode OMG that was HELL! So what is your best gaming moment :?:
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't get to finish Halo 2 on legendary, me and a buddy played for a few hours and almost cleared it on heroic my first time through the game, love that bridge level..

Mine?.....hmm...no real big accomplishments....how about getting to the last boss in beyond the beyond then getting the game broken? or getting all the way my first playthrough suiko2 and forgetting Jabba?!?!?!

I seem to have more mishaps in games then accomplishments, I guess, I'm more of a rpg guy then anything....Well, how about like 98% in timesplitters 2, now that's a good game....
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol Halo 2 is so easy though so it wasn't much of an accomplishment it took me like one night to beat it which it probably took most people....My best gaming moments are when you play a long RPG and it gets really hard and when you finally beat it...it just feels so good...The last time i had that when i passed Shadow Hearts 2:Convenant.....Spoiler******

When Yuri dies at the end and all of his comrades float away and he's left there and boom he gets a spike through him and then returns to Alice i thought it was really rewarding.....If you have played the Shadow Heart games i guess it is
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well then if that is not good enough for you then, how about this I wall jumped to the top of Peache's castle in Super Mario 64 sounds immpossible but its not really that hard....
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congrats...That's quite the accomplishment
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My best gaming moment...well the one I remember the best is beating the Crimson King in Otogi...that fight was fricking awesome...

Or the time that me and my friend beat Lu Bu on normal using a non-leveled up Zhang Liao and Zhen Ji...it was really, really hard ><
Pasius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sigh... bringing this up makes me want Halo 2 even more.. but sigh.
So me and my roommate went to stop by my parents house to grab some food, and my little brother and his friend were in the basement bragging about the 250 bucks they just won at some "junior" halo tournament... so we let them brag for like half an hour... then proceeded to say... psssh you guys couldnt get a kill on either of us if you were getting paid for it... 50 bucks hit the table for each player... and ten minutes we had 25 kills... 13 of which were from pistol whips... and we each left 50 dollars richer... and had a full stomach on top of it.
Side note: is it just me... or has the youth of america gotten a lot cockier over the past few years?
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hardest thing I ever did on a video game was way back on the original Nintendeo system when I rounded the maxed the levels out on Duck Hunt befor finally losing. That was only hard because you get to a certain level and have to absolutelt perfect.

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've noticed something along those lines as well Pasius, particularly whenever I play cards. Generally, whenever we play, the ante is 10¢ and then you can pretty much bet how you want after that. But... every so often, a couple of the guys will want to go several dollars in, and I generally limit my gambling allowance to $2 or so, so I like to make it last through-out the day. Two guys, in particular, just can't seem to take "No" for an answer and continually hound on me to go in on such hands. Either that, or they refuse to accept that what I have on the table is all I'm playing with.

I'm not sure if it counts as my "best" gaming moment, but it pleased me when I was able to completely clear Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time just weeks before getting Majora's Mask. I had, of course, beaten Ocarina of Time long before that, but I hadn't gotten every heart container or every bottle, etc. until that time. The toughest part had to be getting all the Big Poes, since you'd line up a shot and just as you shot an arrow Epona's head would move in the way and mess everything up.

As great a sense of accomplishment as that was, I think the Goron moon dungeon in Majora's Mask was greater. It got so frustrating controlling Goron Link (which is, by far, my least favourite version of Link in Majora's Mask) that getting the final heart piece was pure torture. Coming in second place on the frustration scale was, as one could guess, the "seven second" switch in (I believe) the Stone Temple where you must use Goron Link to navigate a short "obstacle course" of sorts and land on a switch. When I finally cleared that, I had stopped trying to aim for the narrow opening in the wall, and couldn't believe that I'd actually made it.

Then there are other moments where you find a way to triumph over situations which are so severely stacked against you, such as a particular match in WWE SmackDown: Shut Your Mouth, where you are put into a handicap match against Hollywood Hogan and Kevin Nash. Man, is the computer ever cheap in that match, with both wrestlers constantly kicking you while you're down. So, the first thing I always do in that match is get out of the ring and run up the stage (grabbing a chair if I've got enough time). Then I focus on wearing down one of them, usually Kevin Nash, while fighting off Hogan as best I can. At least, on the outside, if they get me in a bad double-team situation (which almost always happens, nonetheless) they can't just pin me right there. Anyway, once I've damaged the legs of one or both of them, I knock one down and head back to the ring, while the one which is still standing follows. If I've got enough lead time, I have just enough time to blindside my opponent as he's entering the ring, drag him into the center of the ring and applying a submission hold on his legs. Usually, within seconds, he'll submit.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was Diddy Kong Racing, when I beat Wizpig on his rocket for the first time. That wouldn't be so important, but it was in front of family, family friends, their children, some close friends who tried to beat the game, six cute strangers, and the girl I had a crush on at the time. It was Chrismas Day 1997 at a party.

For some reason they all cheered afterwards. I felt odd at first, but it was nice being in the spotlight.

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really not an over achiever when it comes to videogames, but I always was proud whenever I played Super Mario Bros., because I played it so much I could beat it real fast or could get every single hidden item(albeit when you piped past ones). I love those games...*thinks of busting out the nintendo*
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Careful, some of you guys are turning this into a circle-jerk.

I'm never proud when it comes to video game accomplishments, but I was particularly pleased with myself when I beat Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 on hard mode. Believe me, it's veeeeeery difficult.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Getting the secret ending in Vandal Hearts 2 was probably my best gaming moment.

At the time though, I thought getting Hyper Sonic in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles was quite the achievement.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm remember years and years ago, playing the original Mario Kart on the SNES on the hardest possible mode, on the very last Ice level there was. Both myself and my brother were playing and we just couldn't get in first to get enough points for a Gold.

I was in third, and infront was my brother and Luigi. He was just infront and we were coming upto the final bend; I aimed up and shot the Red Shell I had, with the intention of knocking Luigi away and assuring our victory. Just then Luigi burst in the lead, literally a split second from the finish line; and we thought it was all over until the shell hit my brother forcing him fast over the finish line in first place. A split second ahead of Luigi on the clock.

It doesn't sound that memorable, but it was, in fact, very pleasing.

*Goes to play Mario Kart on the GBA*

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Cloud

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mine was when I first played Super Mario Bros. 3
I just finished it without using Mushrooms,or any items.
I played it and died alot!
I replayed it a week ago..
Ah,sweet memories!
:cry:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: