Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

DS or PSP?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe x

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: DS or PSP? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone looking forward to the new portables the nintendo's DS or the sony's PSP??
Wing Saber

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The DS of corse It is the best of the two. :lol:
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PSP.
For no particular reason, i feel more interested on it than the DS. I just can't find the appeal to the two screens thing...

Also, back in the day when the GBA was on the works, i was really hyped and looked forward to it greatly.
Then i was sorely disappointed.

And call me paranoid, but i feel the DS may repeat the feat...

All the way to the edge of this world
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Neither; I'm going to be enjoying the library of my GBA rather than picking a new one up until the price for either unit falls under 100 dollars. Then whichever has the better games shall see my money.

(Though personally, I think the PSP looks better designed than the DS. The dual screen thing just seems shcticky...But then again, ANIMAL CROSSING ON THE GO OH YES.)

Frankly I'm not in a hurry to pick up a new portable anytime soon. I still get plenty of play out of my game gear games, and the GBA has, like, 6x the library of the GG, so I shouldn't run out of games any time soon.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm waiting for the DS (two days, woo!). The hardware will most likely be more reliable (I've owned four PS2s, while I've only ever needed one NES), the touch screen allows for some really ingenius gameplay ideas, and it seems likely that the games will be cheaper than the PSP's.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chances are I won't buy either. If anything, I'd say the PSP looks more like a machine that I'd buy. However, neither platform is showing much in the way of launch releases. The only launch game I'd be remotely interested in for DS is the Mario 64 port. PSP has a better selection of RPG's (the only way I know of some of the PSP games that will end up being available is because I read an article in PSM) but unless some more original RPGs are released for it, I won't buy it either. If FF:Crisis Core proves to be good, and if some other major RPG developers release some original games for the PSP, then I'd buy it.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, with Vandal Hearts, Lunar, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and all the others, it seems the DS is very strong in the RPG department.

By all other counts as well, the DS is almost the obvious choice. With cheaper games than the GBA, it's in a great position to compete with PSP's UMDs, and the game selection seems to be vastly superior. PSP has Metal Gear and Gran Turismo. The DS has dozens of actually innovative and interesting titles like Feel the Magic, Meteos and Caduceus, besides all the sequels and series games like the RPGs. And Nintendo themselves of course, with Super Princess Peach, Wario Ware and Advance Wars. Touch screen, voice recognition, superior battery to PSP even with two screens, no loading times, WLAN, possible internet applications later down the line and no need for memory cards.

The PSP's only selling point to me is portable movies. Unfortunately, it'll be a while before there's a good selection of UMD video titles, especially with niche genres like anime. With poor battery and boring launch games, the PSP would be a poor investment in comparison to the DS.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

neither; i have to look at fixing or replacing my ps 2, making that a gamer priorty over a hand held that will see more action in my son's hands than my own.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not really know that much about either of these two handheld devices, though I have heard about them for ages though. If I did actually buy one of these I would probably go with the PSP as it would more or less likely have the best selection of games to chose from in the near future, though if the DS started exhibiting good quality games and a nice variety I bet I would but that as well. But if they are a bit pricey I doubt I would buy either of them for a long time.

I currently do not own any handheld devices (no gameboy or anything) excluding those emulated on my computer and XBOX, because I have never had any need for them. Though early next year (about February) I will start a new job that makes me have to catch a train to work five days a week and the ride is more than an hour to get there (and then an hour or so when I am going home). So to get passed the obvious boredom I will undoubtedly face in this long period of time, I would think some form of handheld device would come in handy, so by then I would probably look into purchasing the DS or PSP...
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to get the DS only cause I trust Nintendo with my portable gaming thank you very much. :wink:
Sun_Quan

Luminous Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I might get the DS eventually, there will be some RPGs coming to it. Hmmm...and who said something about Vandal Hearts? Where's the article for that? Can't forget Square-Enix actually starting to show support for Nintendo again, God does that kick ass or what? I found out that FF3 (meaning the REAL FF3 that was on the Famicom) is coming to the DS revamped. Now that is going to kick ass in my books. Yes, I think the DS will have a very strong following, as well the PSP. I might get a PSP eventually myself, but not until they fall below 100 bucks, the same goes for the DS. I have too much on my hands as is, so a new handheld is the least of my concerns. Regardless, I wish you all luck to those who are getting either the DS or PSP.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's an older release list:

* Castlevania (Konami)
* Vandal Hearts (Konami)
* Boktai (Konami)
* Winning 11 (Konami)
* Goemon (aka Mystical Ninja) (Konami)
* Powerful Pro Baseball (Konami)
* Survival Kids (Konami)
* Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Square Enix)
* Seiken Denetsu (the Mana series) (Square Enix)
* Dragon Quest Monsters (Square Enix)
* Slime Morimori Dragon Quest (Square Enix)
* Monster Rancher (Tecmo)
* Tengai Makyo (Hudson)
* Rakugaki Kingdom (Taito)
* Puzzle Bobble (aka Bust-a-Move) (Taito)
* Kaido Battle (aka Tokyo Extreme Racer series) (Genki)
* Mr. Driller (Namco)
* Fushigi NO Dungeon (Chunsoft)
* Naruto (Tomy)
* Zoids (Tomy)
* Dragonball Z (Bandai)
* Sonic Dice (Sega)
* Harvest Moon DS (Marvelous)
* Legend of the River King (Marvelous)

Currently unnamed, but confirmed:

* New RPG (GameArts)
* New RPG (Namco)
* New RPG (Marvelous)
* Racing game (MTO)
* Sports game (Yukes)
* Action game (Epoch)
* Action game (D3)
* New Game (Team Ninja/Tecmo)

It has also been confirmed for a North American release (supposedly).
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And now the DS is getting Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos, too. Err. I'm not sure how Xenosaga's cinematics-heavy style fits a portable, or the Dual Screen for that matter.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
* Seiken Denetsu (the Mana series) (Square Enix)

is that comming um...in places out of Japan? I guess that means I would go out and buy it then huh?

thats great! I think, Though on VGMusic.com's front page they had the downsides to the DuleScreen, being that it only plays GBA games and dosen't have some options that the normal GBA does

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would love to get a DS, Nintendo has a pretty good line up of games for it. But on the other hand I still haven't heard very much about the PSP except that they are gonna have alot of companies backing them up... So I don't know which one to choose just yet.
I'd like to get both :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: