Suikoden Unique and Irrational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Have no nation? Become a mercenary!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga wrote:
Another minor purpose that it could serve is for the flash promotion thingy that SARSadmin made. Not sure how often he'd update it (if ever, with the constantly changing territories between nations), but it'd be good too to have the Mercenary Island there, and then showing their stats of how many units there are and all that just like the other nations.

Now this idea I like. Of course, it does come down to whether the flash will be updated [perhaps if it is, once per phase or so would not be unrealistic? It sounds like it didn't take much time, but I know so little about flash it isn't funny]. If it does get updated, showing the Mercenaries on the display would be nice, and thus there would be a purpose for a Mercenary "base." The question very quickly becomes, where would it go? Which is the only reason I find this unfeasible.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@ Fliktor #1: Agreed!

@ Black Pesmerga: Ideas are always good and all so keep them coming. If something really outstanding comes up I'm sure people will be interested in making it an official part of the Suiko battles.

I know what you meant by the whole mercenary guild within each nation example (as I'm doing a Harmonian only war system that will run in pretty much the exact same manner only instead of mercenaries, certain regions would produce ninja, runesages and gunners amongst other such ranks ) but the whole mercenary example was kind of tied in although very off at the same time....Meh, forget it. I'm confusing myself now haha. I'm known throughout Harmonia for overcomplicating things bleh, but in short, I get your idea and it does sound good but I'd leave that decision up to the actual mercenaries themselves since they will be the ones that are affected the most.

As far as the workload is concerned...the less the better hahaha. Keep the ideas coming though, Black Pesmerga, captain of the Red Knights.

@ Harukaze: Well if I was SARS....I really would put up with updating the flash as you'd have to update the number of soldiers, regiments and new areas conquered. It just doesn't justify the time spent on updating unless there is a MAJOR change as this flash was only made to show what the war was all about, well at least I believe it was.

The question that comes to mind is though, if Mercenaries get a location what happens to Blue Moon Villagers?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

The question that comes to mind is though, if Mercenaries get a location what happens to Blue Moon Villagers?

I assume they remain 'hidden' (ie off the map) seeing as in the games themselves, the vampire villagers wanted to remain hidden which ties in to admins staying hidden for the most part. As well as that, a Blue Moon Villager doesn't participate in the war system unless he's also a merc or in a nation as well. So he's covered by those already existing groups.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Black Pesmerga's idea of adding a Mercenary Guild to each nation. That expands on Lord Dredd's idea beautifully. That is a wonderful idea! It would give some degree of variation to the Mercenary units and as mentioned, it would promote more activity in the Mercenary Usergroup. As for the Blue Moon Villagers, just as John Layfield said, I believe that they prefer to be behind the scenes and not public.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I do agree to that too. The mercenary guilds for diffferent nations would be pretty awesome.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As mentioned before, the Blue Moon Village is for the veteran Suikoden members. They have nothing to do with the war system.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also like Black Pesmerga's idea for Mercenary Guilds. It would add an interesting dynamic to the map.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, there has been so much said since my last post i almost don't know where to begin. The first thing i have found interesting is how there has been no input from any of the mercenaries. This whole discussion concerns us and nobody has given their input, so i feel it is my duty to give a mercenary's opinion.

First of all there has been way too much concern for this mercenary guild. It is a public forum which SARSadmin has clearly outlined it's objectives in the description. I mean personally i can't even think of another topic to start concerning the mercenary field. I believe it's purpose will stay relatively simple, meaning that it will mainly be used to determine which mercenaries are active and available for hire.

Next, we mercenaries are just like everyone else. We are all suikoden fans and we all like this website. Just because i have chosen to become a mercenary and decided not be involved with a nation of my own, it doesn't mean that we should be restricted in any way. By not belonging to a nation i have already lost the opportunity to have a secluded area of the forums to post. I understand this and i am fine with it. The mercenary guild is a public forum so this should never have been an issue. But to say that the mercenaries should not able to converse among themselves in an area named for them is just stupid. Hell the creator of this entire web site and this war system that so many of us have grown to love is a mercenary.

Next i would like to address the suggestions about a visible mercenary guild. Once the flash was created and avatars were placed in each of the respective nations i thought it was extremely cool. I actually was considering suggesting to SARSadmin that he do some sort of area for the mercenaries so that our pictures could be displayed. I think it would be cool and would display visually the effect of the mercenary force in the war system. As far as creating a place on the map, i am all for it. I do think that it should be limited to just eye candy for now though. Creating rules for who can hire mercenaries based on land held would make the game a bit too complicated for those in charge i think. If the day would ever arise when this website had the resources, mainly time and people, for this type of addition I would welcome though.

That is pretty much all i have to say for now. I have read three days worth of posts in the past ten minutes so if i have missed something i will respond later. I hope my words have given anyone interested a little insight into what a mercenary thinks of this.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
As mentioned before, the Blue Moon Village is for the veteran Suikoden members. They have nothing to do with the war system.

Who is classed as a verteran Suikoden member???
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember wrote:
Fliktor wrote:

Who is classed as a verteran Suikoden member???

The aspect of Suikoden fandom seniority Fliktor mentioned seems to be neither a sufficient, nor a necessary requirement - if it would be sufficient, then KoRnholio, Black Pesmerga or even (to a lesser extent) myself for example could be members, if it would be necessary, Jeremy or Tilo wouldn't qualify.

SARSadmin basically adds members to that usergroup at his own discretion; you shouldn't waste to much of your time contemplating it.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No no, i was not contemplating trying to join at all. I was just asking what Fliktor meant out of curiosity, thats all.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just copying what SARS said somewhere, a long time ago. But yes, iscalio said it better than I ever could.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think I could post long, and enough to be a mercenary...I need to stay somwhere.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Georg Assasin

Jowston Rune/Archer Unit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want to become a mercanary!
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First thing first then is you need to leave your nation usergroup by going to the Jowston usergroup and selecting unsubscribe, after that you follow Sars' instructions...

Quote:
To become a mercenary, a non-nation member needs to join the "Mercenary" usergroup. This way "Mercenary" will show up in the posts they make, which shows potential clients that you ara available. If you wish to be a mercenary, simply click on "usergroups" above and choose "Mercenary." Then click to join the group.

Simple.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: