Suikoden Ugly and Informational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Have no nation? Become a mercenary!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose that means I could be hired out as well? How fun.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, so you're going infantry, heh heh. Beware of the admins!
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's great that you guys are willing to be hired out as merc's. I mean even though you guys facilitate this site you should beable to have fun with it too, and it's like SARSadmin said you won't be doing any strategizing so why not join the battles.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where's the Blue Moon Village? I see only 4 people are in it (not including SARS). Is it a secret forum?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has no real purpose at all. The group existed from the start, mostly for people who used to be members of "Shangri-la" in the suikosource forums (mostly artists, admins, and suikoldfarts) and have no interest in participating in the nation system. But for now it has no real meaning.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do the adminstrators have any stat bonuses like double defense power or offense?
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, they certainly make up the strongest mercenaries thus far, so it's possible they could have either of those bonuses... or both. It'll be interesting to see which nation is the first to hire them.

Speaking of which, is there a limit for how many mercenaries a nation can hire per battle? It's a good idea, but I would hate to see nations ultimately forsaking their own units and mainly using mercenaries to do their fighting. Perhaps something like one or two mercenaries per battle?

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think many nations will hire mercenaries at first. Aside from SARSadmin and Synchysi the mercenaries are too weak thus far. When nations begin to fall is when mercenaries will start to be hired a lot.

I also would like to see who first hires the admins. It would be kinda wierd to go facing them.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No stat bonuses for admins or anything, that'd be sort of fuck ed up and totalitarian. I don't intend to put a CAP on how many mercs a nation can hire. I think nation leaders would be pretty conscious about using more of their own folks in battle anyways because they are free. Mercs cost money, and the only time you really need them is when you don't have enough units.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

here's an intersting question:

What if two nations want to hire the same mercenary for the same Phase?

Will the two nation Leaders try to outbid the other? It seems that lots of people would like to hire you SARS. if one leader PMs you and says that (s)he is willing to donate 3000 soldiers for Phase 3, but another PMs you and says that (s)he will donate 3000 soldiers as well, which would you pick, the former or latter?

Another question: You said that someone could hire you. Does that mean anyone, not a nation leader?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, 1/20th of SARS' soldiers are more than around 500 so they can't hire him with just 300.

I doubt anybody can just hire a merc, it's most probably only nation leaders.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, only nation leaders would be able to hire mercs.

As far as which nation a merc would be hired by, that is totally up to the merc in question. Some people may choose one or the other, or tell one or both of the clients to up their prices. Some mercs might prefer to be hired by a certain nation over others. Who knows.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay so if you wished to become a mercenary all you need to do is to go to the Usergroups, find mercenary and click join group. If you did do that would you then automatically leave your current nation and become a part of the mercenary group or would it need to be agreed with your nation leader?

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm guesing that you would probably need to agree with your nation leader, because it seems that in most nations the leader has given out soldiers to other members to increase the overall nation strength. The nation leader would probably want these back if you wanted to leave.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As I said in the first post--

SARSadmin wrote:

If you are already a member of a nation, there is no point in joining that usergroup, as you obviously can not be hired. Your nation leader might even punish you for trying to sell yourself to another nation!

So you obviously can not become a mercenary if you already belong to a nation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: