Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Have no nation? Become a mercenary!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would also seem to be a waste to hire a mercenary for whatever they might end up charging just to keep them from being used by another nation. That could lead to a potential drain of soldiers which could be better used in battle. However, if the mercenary only decides to charge the minimum amount, it could be a potential course of action, since it would essentially be no different than winning the battle before the mercenary had a chance to fight.

The other factor to take into consideration, if a mercenary charges a large amount of soliders (for example: 5,000) and you just hire them to keep another nation from using them, you'll have increased the mercenary's power by 5,000 soldiers and they would become more attractive to other nations for the following phase, and it would become pointless to continue paying a mercenary such a cost when the soldiers could be better used within your own nation. Furthermore, with each passing phase, as the mercenary's soldier count grows the minimum cost to hire him would also continually rise. Eventually, though not any time in the near future, it could come down to a nation leader deciding whether or not to hire a mercenary with the soldiers they receive at the start of each phase, or use them to strengthen their existing units.

About the issue of mercenary hiring themselves out, since there wouldn't be a forum dedicated to such matters, would that become one of the functions of the Budehuc Castle forum?

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or it can be done through PMs or whatever other method of communication.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can you be hired out, SARSadmin?

Boy, that would be cool.
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RandomGuy wrote:
Can you be hired out, SARSadmin?

Boy, that would be cool.

I would think so because he does have the usergroup "Mercenary"

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well each group needs to have an admin-- so I think SARS just put himself as the admin of that group for right now to get it all setup. I don't think he'd be up for hire-- but if he was, that would deffinetly be cool.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:
I don't think he'd be up for hire-- but if he was, that would deffinetly be cool.

That would be a heck of a moral boost for everyone in the Nation at least, I mean, the webmaster is fighting for you, you could even claim that your battle is a freaking holy war :D

Please Sars, be a Mercenary, it would be way way cool
suikoguild

Magicians With Attitude

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Oh, people who leave their nation and become wanderers automatically lose 5000 soldiers, and every post they make or respond to, they also lose 5 soldiers.

Will this apply to Merc's ?? Or Just to wanderers?? :?: :?:
Just wondering !!! It would be a disadvantage if that is the case!!
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Won't the title that many Jowston members have, 'Mercenary', make this somewhat confusing?
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KoRnholio wrote:
Won't the title that many Jowston members have, 'Mercenary', make this somewhat confusing?

Not neccessarily, instead of looking at their rank, look under their usergroup to see if they're a part of any nation or titled mercs.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

suikoguild wrote:
Quote:

Oh, people who leave their nation and become wanderers automatically lose 5000 soldiers, and every post they make or respond to, they also lose 5 soldiers.

Will this apply to Merc's ?? Or Just to wanderers?? :?: :?:
Just wondering !!! It would be a disadvantage if that is the case!!

I think that rule has been thrown out of the window for some time. So it's not affecting anyone anymore.

I have another question about hiring mercenaries. Say mercenary X has been hired by nation A. But since the hiring itself could be done via PM (or other method that would make it a bit "secret"), then other nations won't know about it. So my question is would there be something like a status info on the mercenary or not?

I mean, something like [HIRED] or something similar that showed that the mercenary has been hired but not by whom. So it stays as a secret who the employer is, and it would also save the other nations' time so they don't have to be "rejected" had they tried to hire that same mercenary.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt it. It'd be up to the mercenary to put something like that in their sig or something, but it's not necessary. If another nation PMs them about joining, the mercenary can just say that they've already been hired out.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah okay, thanks.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see a problem with myself being a mercenary, because I won't actually be making any strategic contribution. I didn't think about this until RandomGuy mentioned it, but I suppose I can be hired out. What a strange concept.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The hidden group is no longer hidden. Why?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I decided Blue Moon Village has no point of being hidden. All other secret groups are still hidden though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: