Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Images in Signatures
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Images in Signatures Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello, I was wondering if we are allowed to have images in our signatures. :?:

Thanks.

The forums look great by the way.
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Having one image in your signature is allowed, but I'm not sure about the size limit though.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yey. I've never been a big fan of doing that, but some pictures look great.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The size limit for images in signatures is 1 image that is max 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide.
Inactive04

1381 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems the image tags don't work, I tried to put a picture in one of the posts for my guild and it showed the [img][/img] tags with the URL. So I don't know, could someone just do one quick for future reference? Thanks! ^_^
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What kinda filesize limit is there on pictures in sigs?

[img]Image URL here[/img]

That's what you use to post images. I haven't tried it in the sig area, but it should work.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if you need to scrape some bandwith photobucket exists for that.
Is my sig to large by the way.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair I am pretty sure that your image is small enough.

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're image size is 399x87, Kuwaizair. You qualify just fine for the picture size. :)

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

blaaaah mines just a little bit bigger than 100 pixels high, and it's less than 500 pixels wide, if it's just a litttttle compisated does it make that much of a difference?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess they cant be too big. I need a new one though but im not so good at making em. A Silverberg signature would be great.

Living and dying, laughing and crying.
Sesshomaru

47809 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found a good Sesshomaru pic but how do i put it in my posts do I get permission from the owner.Help please!
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First, you'll need to save the picture to your hard drive, Sesshomaru. The place doesn't matter, but it should be someplace where you can find it relatively quickly.

After that, you'll need to upload the picture to a server. You have several options available here. Some ISPs give free space to their users to store images, web pages, etc. Your ISP may or may not do this, and if they do, they may or may not allow direct linking. This varies from ISP to ISP. There are free web hosts available that will act as a server for you. However, most free web hosts do not allow you to hotlink (aka direct link) pictures, because this takes up a ton of bandwidth for them. Instead, there are free servers specifically built for image storange. Two of the more popular around are Photobucket and ImageShack. I personally perfer ImageShack, since you don't have to make an account to upload anything. Either site will give you a URL for your picture. Copy that.

After that, you'll need to go to this forum and click the link that says "profile" in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Scroll down until you see either "Signature" (the picture shows up after your posts) or "Avatar" (the picture shows up along the side of your posts). The way to imput images for each catagory is a bit different.

For signatures, type in [img], then your URL, then [/img]. For example:

[img]http://www.host.com/picture.jpg[/img]

For avatars, just look for the phrase "Link to off-site Avatar:" and type or paste in the location of the image you wish to use. For example:

http://www.host.com/picture.jpg

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As for those who want some sig just pm me.
I would gladly help you with that limited ability o'mine.
The sample for my work is my own sig below, and tou can find some too in the forum.
For those who wanted to use the image i had posted in the forum (by the name 'banner anyone?' and 'banner again') just use it, and no need to confirm that to me.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
blaaaah mines just a little bit bigger than 100 pixels high, and it's less than 500 pixels wide, if it's just a litttttle compisated does it make that much of a difference?

Yes, becuase if we let you signature go over 100 pixels, then people will start to take advantage, and the limits will get bigger and bigger. If you want, just shrink the image so that it is exactly 100 pixels.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: