Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What animals would you like to recruit in a Suikoden?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilly Pendragon

Lilly's Entourage

8472 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: What animals would you like to recruit in a Suikoden? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In S1 was the blacksmiths then the squirells and then the dogs. I'll like to recuit like 5 cats or something; I mean like in Suikoden, there were 5 hidden or 5 animals or people to collect and they would have a combo attack. Like the dogs and the blacksmiths and the famous 5 squirells. What 5 people or animals would you like to find.

*edit-if you want to add on to a post, please use the edit button and add the additional information, instead of double posting. thanks*
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Collecting Monkeys or Starfishes would be something nice to do :) .

Monkeys combo attack: Big Banana.

Starfishes combo attack: Starfish Whirlpool.

Lilly's Entourage

8472 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the support

*a posted thanks isn't necessary-next time, just pm them*
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about humanoids with firm background stories? Sort of like the original blacksmiths, but Konami could try differentiating them more and give them a sense of unique personality to an extent; not just a carbon copy of each other.

Like how they contrasted Mose from the rest, with his Secret Factory event.

I don't fancy the idea of non-star recruitables either. But, I would like to see more mounted units joining the 108 Stars somehow, even if it is as simple as a knight and his dependable steed.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want to collect cat. They might be have Miauws Combo or something like that.

Humanoids would great too but there should be good bond behind them.

I started to think about to have 5 Jeanes with different personalities. That should be fun but I hope it wouldn't ruined the story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Monkeys combo attack: Big Banana.

:shock: K... I've got a really filthy mind. But yeah monkeys would be cool.

For animals to recruit, turtles would be interesting. So would more dragon characters. Or over-sized bugs like scorpions, wasps, or something.

Would some kind of plant creature count as an 'animal' character? If so, something like the plant people in Legend Of Zelda Windwaker would be nice.
I like good character variety!
Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... how about five Zombies from Neclord's castle :mrgreen: and they would do a Zombie lunge attck or something like that but we will have to lock them up in a cage becuase I wouldn't like to see the other 108 Stars turn into Zombies at the end.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Minotaur looking people would look pretty nifty to me. Either that or some sort of humanoid Dragon clan.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Calupict wrote:
I started to think about to have 5 Jeanes with different personalities. That should be fun but I hope it wouldn't ruined the story.

Yeah, having five Jeanes would be fun, and maybe we will see them in Suikoden V with the "Pretty Women" combo attack or the "Jeanes Charm" combo attack :mrgreen: .

I don't think that having five Jeanes would do the game any harm, it just would make it a little bit bizarre.

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Human Dragon Hybrids would be cool. They take the shape of a human to move around, and their ancient Village was destroyed generations ago. A few select members still exist, and will one day join up with Joshua and live with them and the other dragons. They would be good in battle of coarse.

And when you collected say 5 of them, they could become a summon of sorts, and meld together to create a very powerful and large dragon, ala Breath of Fire. The hero of the game would seem pretty insignificant against this large ally though...

To make them game realistic and less super easy with this particular ally, you could not get all five of the human-dragon hybrids till near the end of the game. They would still be useful though, but Konami would need to throw in limitation to keep the game challenging.
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe we could have 5 lizards and then they can eat the enimies.
Breeze

Whispering Winds

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the idea of dragon people who can combine into a super dragon. That's quite interesting.

In Suikoden II, I think there were singing elves, tiny little things that could knock out Flik every time in my game ( :roll: ). Perhaps we can collect those, and use their nasty singing attack. Of course, whether they would actually part of the Stars of Destiny is a good question...

Collecting cats is another cool idea. Then again, I love cats, so what else would one expect from me...

However, having each character be truly different would be nice. Having them basically be the exact same thing would just be boring... Kind of like the blacksmiths, as Thief seemed to point out. Also, I don't see the point of collecting all these characters if they're not of the 108 Stars of Destiny. Perhaps I'm just a spoilsport.

What do you think are my strengths and weaknesses?
Lilly Pendragon

Lilly's Entourage

8472 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

4 of those cut rabbits and the targetgirl
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Calupict wrote:

Well, why not 5 Vikis? If they had 2 Viki back in Suikoden III, why not collect them all :wink: ? Then think of the combo: Achoo!. In their unite Achoo!, they will teleport and fall on the heads of the enemies. It sounds Viki-esque to me.

On a more serious side, i'd think that a group of bird-of-preys would be interesting. They would be the eagles, hawks, falcons, etc. Or maybe Falconers i.e. People who hunt using Falcons, "Royal Harriers" (Remember? In the Middle East, we don't hunt foxes, we hunt jackals! Instead of using foxhounds, we use royal harriers! I thought i'd bring it up...)n and the like. Then their unite could be actually using those birds to attack....like in Hot Shots Part Deux (Remember that? Hilarious. Just hiolarious)!

I'm even tempted to say to use the giant birds, like Rocs and Garudas and the like. They would probably be similar to the griffons.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was hoping Suikoden 4 would have turtles...

But cat is cool, I would love to collect kittens.
and singing elves are not bad idea either.

Starslasher, I was going to say that :D
5 Vikis... do Viki produce asexually... like amoeba...
or is there a factory pumping out Viki clones somewhere?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: