Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Yet another FF7 Spin off revealed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

It seems like the concept and success of Final Fantasy X-2 really opened up a can of worms. I seem to remember Final Fantasy fans thinking if Square-Enix could create a direct sequel to Final Fantasy X, then they could do the same with other Final Fantasy games, and I believe Final Fantasy VII was one such game mentioned.

The only thing is that FFX was the most recent game developed for the FF series while FFVII was already done and over with about six or so years ago. So FFX's make more sense than VII's. It might have been a good idea back before FFVIII's release but there a little slow on the uptake. Can't Square see that it wants to die? Let it go, you're making things worse!

As for FFX, it killed the series for me. I used to be a big Final Fantasy fan, but after playing number ten, I have no desire what so ever to play another FF game. I could give a real nasty opinion about why FFX-2 was made, but I think I would get in trouble if I was to post it, That and I might offend FFX fans (if you want to hear it then PM me, other than that I don't find it important enough to get penalized).
Quote:

"Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

So very true...
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now, mates, is the time to pray for the small hope that there will never be a FF7: Xtreme Beach Volleyball or a FF7: Dating Sim Edition.
Wait, i think there's one like that already.

All the way to the edge of this world
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Next spin-offs to be expected:

- FF7- Command and Conquer

- FF7- Go-Cart Racing X-streme!

- FF7- Tennis

- FF7- Infiltrator (Splinter Cell rip-off)

-FF7- anime series

-And who can miss the new first-person 'Origional' FF7 meets Master Cheif! :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see these in the next few years.
Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow... another spin-off... isn't that too much... I hope nobody buys these things so they would understand that we don't really care about anything releted to FF7 anymore because the game is more than enough and there is no need to rune it anymore.

Next spin-off: Tifa's Revenge :D .
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think that'll stop them. If they can make a few bucks, they'll butcher any of their games.
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

stupid spin-offs, i stopped playing The Final Fantasy series after number 7.

Next Spin-off:Barret meets Mr. T
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't forget:

Capcom vs FF7: Ultimate Fanboyism Battle!

All the way to the edge of this world
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg wrote:
Damn, they really are doing it in alphabetical order.

FFVII: AC -Advent Children
FFVII: BC - Before Crisis
FFVII: CC - Crisis Core
FFVII: DC - Dirge of Cerberus

Please for the love of God, don't make this a 26 series from AC to ZC. Pleaseeeee

*sigh* so they really wouldnt just stop at 3... they have to make a 4th game. This is getting really ridiculous... they make a sequence for the game after 7 years since its release... and not just one, but 4 spinoffs. (Would they stop at 4? I am expecting to see the news of EC and FC now...)

I used to be a big FF fan too. Now I have jumped to the Suikoden boat, but I used to be very active at the FF7 board on GameFAQs, drew lots of fanarts, read lots of fanfictions, spent quite a fortune for the merchandises. I still like FF7 though, it is a great game. And SquarEnix is killing it right now.

Please somebody stops these madmen...

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What bothers me is that the spin-offs don't even seem to be related to each other. They are basically four different games with FF VII's characters in them, and that's about it. So it's not even like sequels or something (other than Advent Children to FF VII) which IMO would make it a bit pointless calling it FF VII: [insert title that ended with a word that started with the letter "C"] when they aren't related to the original FF VII in the first place.

How about just making a FF VII: Harvest Crisis about Barrett in a farm trying to woo the girls who live in the Mineral Town? Let's farm with the machine guns. =(

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FFVII: ACP -Advent Children
FFVII: BCP - Before Crisis
FFVII: CCP - Crisis Core
FFVII: DCP - Dirge of Cerberus

All of these combined Final Fantasy Seven Spin Offs will in a few years be Prequels, and some are therefore Prequel Prequels... I am sure these will be highly interesting and unique, each moreso than the last. Also these games will have in a few more years (there are a lot of years hey?) these will all have expansion packs (Advent Children, Series).

FFVII: ACS -Advent Children
FFVII: BCS - Before Crisis
FFVII: CCS - Crisis Core
FFVII: DCS - Dirge of Cerberus

To get you all even MORE excited, yes it is true and Square Enix annoucned it today (You may not have heard about it, I am just special and ahead with the news and times in case you all could not guess LOL)., that all of these FF7 Spin Offs will also have Sequels etc, all being made it the exact same times as the prequels! By separate branches of game developers of coarse, I would not want to sound stupid there...whoo dodged an embarrassing 'bullet' there didn't I? So we will get multiple FF7 Spin Offs at the exact time! Yeah Sounds Good!!!

And do not get me started on Prequel/Sequels for my other FF7 Spin Off titles on the previous page... I just don't have that sort of time to tell your all the many OTHER future FF7 games... Oh and one day you may all find out about the other (now this is a big secret, but I will be nice and fill you all in) FF1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9,10,10-2, Prequel/Sequel/Spin Off/Movie/Mini Series/Series etc that are coming out... Okay I suppose I have taken the joke out of Square Enix for long enough...wait that is not possible, and they brought it on themselves.

And one last thing, all of the above games, etc , will be 100/1000 hours long, and every single minute is as intersting and exciting as the last! I am sure you can all imagine that the most probable fun is awaiting us in the near future...
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Urge to kill rising.... :evil:
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You certainly aren't the only one, Keriaku.

Out of all of them, only AC sorta interested me.
I am not a big fan of the Turks, so meh to BC
Don't know anything about CC
DC... Vincent is ok, but I am not a big fan
I have a feeling they won't stop at 4 spin-offs, let's hope I am wrong.

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OH.. wait, hm....wait eh, yeah... Yep it's official! Final Fantasy franchise is officially DEAD. Now they just dug it up and are chopping it into peices (they're butchering it!)

Come on Square Enix, just think of some thing else!
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But why? Isn't eveybody looking forward to the eventual 1000 hour Final Fantasy 7 Spin offs in the future????? Ha...
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I certainly don't. I wasn't happy when I heard about FF7:AC. FF7's ending is good as it is. Why do they feel the need to make a sequence? And after 7 years?

The good thing is, I really don't have much expectation for FF7:AC, so I won't be disappointed easily...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: