Suikoden Urgent and Informational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

'Several shot' at Canada college
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This proves that gun ban laws aren't really prioritized by the government, or it doesn't exist in Canada. But who am I to talk? There are a lot of gunshot related casualties here in our side of the world as well.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No nation is perfect in this area,unfortunately events like this happen.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gun laws? You can kill 40 people with a potato gun. Why are you even mentioning the weapon of choice like it matters? Would you all feel better had they sported katanas and had a much better kill ratio than 5%? Most people can make napalm with things lying around their house, but I don't expect anyone to cry about the misusage of these products when they're used in a manner that they weren't prescribed for. And I don't think we're going to start adding a "do not use to firebomb" warning to the back of windex bottles.

So exactly what the hell does gun laws have to do with this? Perhaps we should etch the warning onto guns that says "Do not take to school" or "Do not start shooting people without the government's approval." It's not hard to legally obtain a weapon in any nation and it's not hard to illegally obtain a weapon in any nation. Just as it isn't difficult to make a pipe bomb, napalm, or larger scale explosives. If you have the will, there is a way.

The point is that the weapon doesn't matter, it's the idiot holding it.

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People will find a way of doing what it is they want to. Guns are "bad", but weren't it guns, it would be something else, or something else, or another weapon. hmm, not much gun ownership here, but it's too hard to overturn in countries where it's okay to use them. I'm pretty sure gun laws in these countries do state "don't shoot people" but it still happens because it's what they wanted to do

Overall, it's sad that it happened. Things like this shouldn't happen. Unfortunatly in society, some people will always do very bad things.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sierra is right. Gun laws is a nice topic, but it no answer to the problems. I can't imagine that people won't kill other human beings at school if their daddy doesn't rest with a loaded gun under the pillow. Of course this makes it even for a complete dumbass easy to get his hand on a weapon, but since the availability isn't the reason it is deinitely no solution.
If one plans to kill people, no matter whether it is at school or anywhere else, this person will be able to get a weapon of any shape and "quality". If one says that the murderer is able to kill more people in a shorter time if he uses a gun, than this is a rather simple fact, but that person might lose the real thing, because the murderer might kill less people with a knife or some "katana", but he is still able to kill and every death is a tragedy and no reason to celebrate, because it was only one person instead of a dozen.
Therefore it s irrelevant to change laws, but more important to change minds.

The Fool
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, and its ridiculously easy to get a gun liciense in the US. I'm suprised we dont' have more gun deaths here in Wisconsin as I swear its 1out of 5 people have a liesense and atleast have 1 hunting rifle somewhere in their home.

But as tighter gunlaws could never completely prevent a problem. Perhaps we should just completely bann guns then? Obviously we were given freedoms to bear guns, but as a society in a whole, we've abused it enough already? Maybe it'd just increase the rate of stabbings and beatings..but I'd rather see a guy come into school knife than a gun. (Alot easier to restrait from police who would still be allowed guns)

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masaya, that wouldn't do anything because there's enough people out there who illegally own guns. Most time when something like this happens its not because the owner of the gun snapped, its because the guy snapped, then got an illegal gun. For every dolt who misuses a gun there are thousands who safely keep theirs locked up awaya from children and know how to properly use them. Its not fair to those who have them as protection and have never broken any rules regarding guns. I'm not one who will ever own a gun but I will defend the right to own them with my full being.

While the utopian thought of no guns at all except weiled by police officers is nice, there's still going to be those who illegally obtain them. Also because of this are you saying all hunting will be banned? While some view it as a barbaric ritual, some areas would be overridden with deer, crows and coyotes if the farmers never protected their lands. If all forms of guns were banned, I doubt we'd see farmers weilding a crossbow to take out pesky animals.

The fact remains that guns will always be readily availible and there is no way to ever stop someone from getting them. No matter how strict the rules get. The stricter the rules, the larger the black market will be for them. While laxing the rules wouldn't help any either but it would drop the amount of illegal weaponry.

Like Sierra Mikain said, it doesn't really matter what the weapon is, if a person wants to kill people he or she will. They always say prevention is the case but its hard to prevent someone from snapping as there's no set steps. Its not like there's a manual that crazies read to learn how to properly go berzerk. One day you could have your office torched because the guy got his stapler taken away. Yeas, its from a movie but the basis is true. Sometimes you never know what goes on in the other side of their life and you think everything is hunky dorey but then, BAM. Off the guy goes because his girlfriend cheated on him and your school is out its all pro quarterback, three teachers and a drinking fountain.

I feel bad for those who are involved in these terrible incidents because its a tragedy. Its something that shouldn'yt happen but it does. Its happened all throughout history. Cain and Abel all the way through wild wild west and into modern times. Its always been the same. One person isn't happy so he gets even through violence. There will never be a way to stop it, and blaming it on video games, the media, gun control or the smurfs, it doesn't matter who you blame, its all boils down volitile human nature. Its unavoidable and unpreventable.

LOL @ Oobs Windex comment, I got a great chuckle out of that. So help me god if I ever saw that warning I'd need to change my pants. Its just too crazy. I want to see a photoshopped Windex bottle now. HAHA.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry I was being sarcastic..
Quote:
I doubt we'd see farmers weilding a crossbow to take out pesky animals.

I've found shooting a bow way more exciting than shooting a hunting rifle.

Quote:
if a person wants to kill people he or she will. They always say prevention is the case but its hard to prevent someone from snapping as there's no set steps.

hah..well then maybe we should lock down all of our schools and office buildings. Arming entrances to campuses with gaurds and checks. If everything was like boarder check (into the US boarder check..man they're arseholes..), everyone would be alot safer :-P. (more sarcasim)

Haha windex. we could just take a step further and brand a label like "Do not use for malicious intent" on everyones hands to safe the trouble of having to put it on all those household items. Whats a little bit of pain for a fair warning to all.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The guy was nuts! I read a few extracts from his blog in Todays Newspaper!

HeraldAM wrote:

In postings on a website VampireFreaks.com.......
One picture has a picture of a tombstone with his name on it - and below it the phrase: "Live fast, die young, left a mangled corpse"

He said on his site that he likes to play Super Columbine Massacre, an internet game simulated on the April 20th 1999 shootings at the Colorado high school.

"Work sucks........school sucks.......life sucks.........what else can i say?......Life is like a video game, you've got to die sometime"

The paper goes on to say that there are various pictures of him with knives and guns, including the one he used, with various captions under them such as "Anger and hatred simmers within me" and "I think i have an obsession with guns......muahahaha"
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Captain Hero wrote:
This proves that gun ban laws aren't really prioritized by the government, or it doesn't exist in Canada. But who am I to talk? There are a lot of gunshot related casualties here in our side of the world as well.

That sounds like a rather uninformed statement. I live in Canada so here's a few facts. It's illegal for a civilian to own a handgun in Canada. But, there are lots of other guns out there. Because other guns are supposed to be used with hunting, guns like shotguns and hunting rifles are legal, although you have to have a license.

There was a gun registry attempted by the Liberal government but it wasn't very effective and cost a great deal of money without getting much progress. People who've owned a hunting gun for years suddenly having to go and pay to get it registered weren't impressed.

We recently had a heavy change in government our Liberal leader was forced to call an early election (after only one year since the last election) when a "vote of non-confidence" was held in the House of Commons. During the election the liberal party was defeated, the first time in a long time, like 10 years or something.

The party that replaced them are the furthest right wing party we have in our country to date. They are called the Conservatives. They are actually the Reform party but recently underwent a name change by taking over the Progressive Conservative party (which was doing very poorly). Regardless they don't care much about gunlaws, in fact Canada has majorly ramped up it's military influence in the world and in fact has taken primary on the war in Afghanistan. We're not peacemakers anymore, now we're sending solders. The Liberal, Bloc Quebecois and New Democratic Party, are all beside themselves as they are all left wing parties.

Anyway, does this change in government to a highly war minded "friend of Bush" government have anything to do with the shooting? That I don't know, but there's the facts on guns in Canada.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guys, this topic, while related to guns, is not about gun control, it's about the shootings in Canada. Please try to keep on topic; if you want to debate about the legalities of gun control, please create a topic for that so it doesn't continue to sidetrack this one, okie dokie?

Thanks.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:

I feel bad for those who are involved in these terrible incidents because its a tragedy. Its something that shouldn'yt happen but it does. Its happened all throughout history. Cain and Abel all the way through wild wild west and into modern times. Its always been the same. One person isn't happy so he gets even through violence. There will never be a way to stop it, and blaming it on video games, the media, gun control or the smurfs, it doesn't matter who you blame, its all boils down volitile human nature. Its unavoidable and unpreventable.

I beg to differ. (edit, took out my long paragraph due to the warning). It is unavoidable, just no one has any patience to make it anything but.

And where are people getting these stories from? Everything I've read said that 1 girl died at the scene and there was only one gunman (thought to be two).
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't like how they're blaming what that guy did on video games and blogs. It seems like a convenient way for the people who are against those to hit both at once. They don't even consider that maybe the guy was just a psycho or something. It always makes me mad to see crimes like this blamed on games. Like those kids who went on a shooting rampage and then blamed it on GTA. Take responsibility for your actions. For serious.....I'll stop my ranting now..*heads to myspace to rant some more*
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I heard 1 dead girl, 20 wounded, and the killer killed himself and yeah, let's all blame the video games and all this other crap that made him this way. let's ban video games again!
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember wrote:
The guy was nuts! I read a few extracts from his blog in Todays Newspaper!

HeraldAM wrote:

In postings on a website VampireFreaks.com.......
One picture has a picture of a tombstone with his name on it - and below it the phrase: "Live fast, die young, left a mangled corpse"

He said on his site that he likes to play Super Columbine Massacre, an internet game simulated on the April 20th 1999 shootings at the Colorado high school.

"Work sucks........school sucks.......life sucks.........what else can i say?......Life is like a video game, you've got to die sometime"

The paper goes on to say that there are various pictures of him with knives and guns, including the one he used, with various captions under them such as "Anger and hatred simmers within me" and "I think i have an obsession with guns......muahahaha"

Now, I do enjoy weapons and given my background, I know a decent bit about them. Because of this, however, I understand what a weapon is to be used for, and it disghusts me when people use them like complete and utter idiots with a disregard for any of the logic that should come with the responsibility of owning such objects.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: