Suikoden Ugly and Informational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

'Several shot' at Canada college
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: 'Several shot' at Canada college Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is the news report I'm reading at the moment.

BBC wrote:
'Several shot' at Canada college

There were scenes of panic
Several people have been injured in a shooting at a college in the Canadian city of Montreal, reports say.
Details on the incident at Dawson College are still sketchy, but emergency services said at least six have been hurt, three seriously.

Eyewitnesses said a gunman dressed in military fatigues had entered the cafeteria at lunchtime.

Some reports said two attackers were dead. The number of gunmen in the incident is not yet clear.

TV footage showed students fleeing the campus and stretchers with casualties.

Eyewitnesses spoke of blood on the steps of the building, which houses 10,000 students.

"I could see him fire several times... I ran into a classroom. It was like something from a movie," student Michel Boyer told CBC television.

Professor Robert Soroka told Reuters news agency the shooting began at 1245 (1645 GMT), and said he heard about 20 shots fired over 30 minutes.

Police have cordoned off the area and nearby sites have been evacuated.

In December 1989 a gunman shot and killed 14 young women in Montreal's Ecole Polytechnique, before turning the gun on himself.

I don't really have many words at the moment other than sympathy to any people involved or connected to this horrible situation.

I'm watching the news unfold on News24 so I'll try and keep updated with the latest news.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hoo boy, as soon as I read the thread title, I about had a heard attack. I have some friends who go to college in Canada, and man..

But yeah, school shootings, ugh. I really don't understand violence, most of the time...even though I watch violent movies and play violent video games, it's really hard for me to wrap my mind around the concept of wanting to take a gun and start firing.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that's not good at all,i hope there are no injuries from this,what is going on in Montreal,this shouldn't be happening at all.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From the sounds of the reports on News24 (and these aren't really conclusive) it sounds like there were 2 gunman and 1 is dead (through suicide) while the other has been "detained".

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Conflicting information coming in. CBC are saying four people are dead.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unbelievable 4 dead, this world is out of control,thanks for the update.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

News24 has just updated to 4 dead and 16 injured.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lonelion wrote:
Unbelievable 4 dead, this world is out of control,thanks for the update.

Well, let's not go overboard. This is tragic but it's 4 out of 6,648,098,530 people. We're a long way from out of control.

Two gunmen are also dead. They're also looking for a third suspect.

CBC.ca wrote:
An eyewitness to Wednesday's college shooting in Montreal that injured as many as 16 people said students were lying on the floor when a shooter opened fire.

The shooter was telling police officers on the scene to go away in a "rude manner," said the Dawson College student, who was inside the school when the man started firing his weapon randomly.

A number of witnesses say the shooter didn't appear to reload his weapon as he fired multiple times.

The shootings happened around 1 p.m. ET at the college in downtown Montreal. The English-language school has roughly 10,000 students aged 16 to 20.

It's not clear how many shooters were involved. Reports say two gunmen are dead and two people are in surgery in life-threatening condition following the gunfire.

Another eyewitness told CBC News she was smoking outside the college when she saw a tall, white man wearing a long black trenchcoat walk down the street with a large gun.

He was with a number of other people, said the woman, who was shaking and crying as she spoke.

The man was about 19 years old with body piercings and wore clothing with studs, she said. He fired a number of times before going inside the school, the woman added.

She said she ran and hid in the bushes as debris from the gunfire scattered around her. She ran again until a woman let her inside a nearby apartment.

The floors shook

Mallory Lawton was in class at the time of the shootings. She said the floors shook as people in the hallways started running.

Police ordered students in her class to remain inside the room and lock the door until they let them leave.

"We closed the door, we locked it, we all just hoped that it would pass and tried not to think about it," she said.

"We were there for a good two hours."

Students tried to phone their parents while they were locked inside the classroom, but cellphone service was jammed and most couldn't get through, she said.

Kim Stevenson, who works close to the school, told CBC News many nearby buildings, including a shopping mall, were evacuated. Sections of Montreal's subway were also closed.

Family members of Dawson College students can call (514) 280-2880 or (514) 280-2806 for more information, police said.

One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Gabocha

Highland Kobold Unit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is tragic. 4 out of 6+ Billion isn't out of control, but it is still a shame. Thats 4 sons or daughters who will never see their parents. I don;t know how old the deceased are but if this is al a college it is a possibility there's children now without their mother or father. It is truly a tragedy when people do something horrendous.

My prayers go to those who are affected by this and I hope no more people die from thses shootings.

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's odd. I never heard anything about this on the radio...

I hate these school shootings. People trying to better themselves get shot in the process of doing so... At least they got one of the shooters.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

4 dead, and 16 injured? What a bunch of jerks those gunmen are.

If they wanted to take lives, I'd rather have them kill themselves rather than include all this harmless civilians. Don't involve them in your pathetic life, a life so pathetic for them to do such acts of horror.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Parallax wrote:

even though I watch violent movies and play violent video games, it's really hard for me to wrap my mind around the concept of wanting to take a gun and start firing.

sometimes people just want to emulate other school shootings, or they want to treat famous nutjobs like heros and carry out missons.

I guess this is a trend that is here to stay.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

bleh, I thought school shootings were a think of the past. It seemed to be somethign everyone was worried about in highschool a few years back. I remember all of us having to take classes for a few days on how to spot things like this, aswell as how to spot kids being picked on our segretated. It was because for some reason our school fit the profile perfectly for the next school shooting. Luckly it never happend..Its weird that you can try to forget about things like this that have happend the past and then something liek this comes along again.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The four dead is unnofficial at the moment. Only one has been confirmed dead, though 20 shots were fired. Oh and the gunman too. So two dead. I think the biggest shock is that it happened in Canada. No offence to the U.S but if someone had told me there was a school shooting then that's where I would assume it happened. I think if it can happen in Canada it can happen pretty much anywhere.

Apparently the shooter just walked in and started shooting, didn't say anything about why he was doing it or who had ruined his life yada yada yada.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I mean the amount of violent acts seems to be going up daily worldwide,it's unreal it seems everybody is on edge about things and bam something like this happens.

I know in some parts of the world violence is an every day thing,but even in our part of the world violence is on the rise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: