Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Canonical Ending? *ending spoilers*
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Canonical Ending? *ending spoilers* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has Konami mentioned or even hinted which Suikoden V 108 stars ending might end up being the "canonical" ending?

I know Tenkais generally don't stick around to participate in the governance of the country after the war is over, but Konami may decide differently as they did with Suikoden III.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We'll know once the Suikoden V novel is published.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seeing as how there's no Faroush wandering with Georg in Suiko 2 I think it might be safe to assume that the other option is most likely going to be the canonical one. However, we will have to wait for the novel to find out.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hyuga

Wanderer

2519 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't be surprised that there's no Faroush in Suikoden 2. Didn't the ending mention that *SPOILERS* Faroush and Georg separated ways?*END SPOILERS* So I guess we still have a 50-50 chance of either ending to be "canonical".
Cupil

68022 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The staying ending has a lot more logic behind it than the 108 stars variation of the leaving with Georg ending. If I recall correctly the text for the Prince's ending in the wandering scenario is exactly the same regardless of whether or not you collected all 108 stars.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unless, of course, you collected under 60 stars. Then it just says his whereabouts are unknown.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cupil wrote:
The staying ending has a lot more logic behind it than the 108 stars variation of the leaving with Georg ending. If I recall correctly the text for the Prince's ending in the wandering scenario is exactly the same regardless of whether or not you collected all 108 stars.

Actually, I think it says he travels with Lyon if you get all 108. I haven't seen either in a while though ;).

Personally, I feel like the "leave with Georg and Lyon" ending is the canon ending. It might not be my/our favorite, but it feels more like the official ending (default for all 108 SoDs, big cutscene with long song, showing all SoDs).

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's likely that the Prince will stay on as the commander of the Queen's Knights, it's the hardest ending to reach and is one of the "happy" ones, Konami, in thr past usually go with that.

Cupil wrote:
Personally, I feel like the "leave with Georg and Lyon" ending is the canon ending. It might not be my/our favorite, but it feels more like the official ending (default for all 108 SoDs, big cutscene with long song, showing all SoDs).

Why though? I think the prospect of the Prince journeying with Georg was just to satisfy the swordsman's fans, despite the fact they travel around the southern continent and then for some reason split up, the Prince returns to Falena anyway, while Georg travels to the Northern Continent to participate in Suikoden II. I thought it was more likely in this case that the Prince stays in Falena to help rebuild.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's been a tradition for the hero to leave his homeland after his work is done. The Queen's Knights Commander is an important role politically and militarily, and it seems weird for a Tenkai to accept that kind of position. It'd be like the heroes of the previous games becoming the president of Toran/Dunan/the Island Nations Federation.
Gen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As Vector said, we'll have to wait for the novel to come out
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
It's been a tradition for the hero to leave his homeland after his work is done. The Queen's Knights Commander is an important role politically and militarily, and it seems weird for a Tenkai to accept that kind of position. It'd be like the heroes of the previous games becoming the president of Toran/Dunan/the Island Nations Federation.

Thats not true, Hugo stays on to command the Karaya tribe after his mother retires from the role. The chief of Karaya is a very powerful position, just like the commandership of the Queen's Knights and military.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hugo was born to take that kind of position. All the other Suikoden heroes were not.

Karaya chieftain is nowhere near being on the same level as Queen's Knight Commander. Karaya is simply one tribe out of many, and only holds power over its own people (the tribes are in a very loose coalition so that they can fight Zexen, and would not follow another clan's orders). Falena, however, is one of the more powerful countries in the world, and the Queen's Knights Commander is the sole leader of its military and one of the closest advisors to the Queen. That gives him a ridiculous amount of influence, and the Suikoden heroes are almost always humble and content.

Besides, there are way too many inconsitencies with Suikoden III compared to the rest of the series. There's no clear hero, no nation undergoes any significant changes, and the Tenkai is not the leader of the army. Suikoden V follows every other pattern that its non-Suikoden III predecessors have established, so I'm inclined to believe that this is no exception.
Cupil

68022 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

poorguy171 wrote:

Actually, I think it says he travels with Lyon if you get all 108. I haven't seen either in a while though ;).

Nope, this link with screenshots of the 108 stars Georg ending says different. (it's the 8th pic down)http://www.lordyuanshu.com/SuikodenVEndpic.html
Lord Rengo

The Magus' Army

33445 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isn't the "best" ending the one that is generally the canonical ending?
In Suikoden I, when you collect all 108 starts, Gremio leaves with the hero. That's considered the best ending, since it's the more difficult to get. If I'm not mistaken, that's the one that's continued with the next ones.

In Suikoden II, Riou, Jowy, and Nanami all survive and go off to who knows where. That's considered the best ending, and I believe the canonical ending.

Suikoden III, I don't think there was a "best" ending. The only thing you got for the 108 stars was Luc's chapters.

Suikoden IV. I haven't beat it so I'll just be going off on what others have said. With the 108 stars, the hero and Snowe become friends again I guess. Actually I don't know about this one.

Suikoden V- There ending where the Prince stays seems to be the ending that is hardest to get. Thus, I believe it's the canonical ending. I don't know the requirements to getting this ending, but it's more than just 108 stars because after I got it, I heard from a friend that even with 108 stars, some people didn't have a choice to stay.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It depends on how you treat Lymsleia during the beginning of the game. If you're generally cold and uncaring, you're automatically sent off with Georg.

There is no difficulty difference; simply a matter of taste.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: