Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Creativity
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baka

Fallen Gods

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Creativity Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have you ever read a book on creativity...?

I just read a very interesting book about creativity this past few days and found out about them more...

well here some of the things i remembered

Teacher: Now could anyone define what is table?

Student: Things to put your things on

Teacher: But you could put your things on the cupboard and on the chair too couldnt you? And you could sit on the table too could you not? And what is this things? Shoes? Books? Define it! Table could be said as furniture and what kind of furniture. Be specific...!

Now what would you say if you are the student? How will you describe what is table? Will you define it as what is written in dictionary?

Hope this will help you in your RPing.... I think I'm going to buy the book soon ^_^ btw can you answer the question? (below)

Now what would you say if you are the student? How will you describe what is table? Will you define it as what is written in dictionary?
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no...I shuld be the judge on it, and i'll do it with the knife twisting as that guy who judges American Idol does.

like...how so many damn peole maye their characters have great warrror linnage, or that they are long forgoten princesses/princes

come on people.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Death

The Death Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
no...I shuld be the judge on it, and i'll do it with the knife twisting as that guy who judges American Idol does.

like...how so many damn peole maye their characters have great warrror linnage, or that they are long forgoten princesses/princes

come on people.

i seriously don't understand what the sentences above mean.

as for the answer, i would describe a table as a furniture (for/in a room)whose shapes could be either a 4 sides (mmm, thing :? ) or a circle, used mainly to place objects on, which mostly diverse from food, dishes, books, asses (in case when sitting), etc...

i know that my explanations are full of simple english language, but table is such a simple word to describe :D .

by the way, have you got the real answer, baka? (i'm sorry that my question may be offensive, but it's your nickname that...)
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I didn't have a clue what Kuwaizair was talking about either.

I would describe a table as a piece of furniture that people gather around. However, not so much like a couch because you can also put objects on a table like you could a counter.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:

come on people.

If i didn't know any better, i would suspect you of spamming those few lines. Fortunately for you, i know what you are talking about! Take a look at the Title of this thread: Creativity.

Kuwaizair was pointing out the lack of creativity in most, if not all, RPG's, fanfic, etc. Why is it that people create characters that were supposed to be the heir to a throne, but wnet off adventuring instead? Why is it always that way? Well, i think that's what you are pointing out, right?

Ok, so to defining a table. A table would be a piece of furniture with the purpose to display an object/objects for someone to look at, created with different heights for different circumstances. This may even be a tree stump.

This reminded me that my father had imported a table (i believe it was called a Golong table, or something like that). It looked like with realy was carved out of a tree stump!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Death

The Death Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
Kuwaizair was pointing out the lack of creativity in most, if not all, RPG's, fanfic, etc. Why is it that people create characters that were supposed to be the heir to a throne, but wnet off adventuring instead? Why is it always that way?

Ah... it does make sense :D ...

sorry kuwaizair, another lack of creativity that bothers me is the character design, mostly in FF series; they all look similar, just like someone said in some other thread before ^^.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, defining a table huh, let me give it a shot. You have standard table for placing things, eating, resting, working, studying, etc., but has anyone thought of it in its other terms like for mathematical purposes you have times tables and in economics there are pie charts and other graph that are also referred to as tables that may also add complications to its true definition.

Ah, I had a little bit more to write about on this, but it looks like it's slipped my mind (crap!). I'll see if I can remember it later...

Oh, and to Death, the person complaining about Final Fantasy was most likely me. I'm kinda disapointed to see what has become of the franchise lately. :(
Baka

Fallen Gods

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There was actually a continuation to the conversation but due tomy bad memory, I could not remember it. I think it was like:

Student: Table is a wooden furniture that shaped like square and use to place things

Teacher: Hmm... a nice try but what about a circular table or a triangular table... and what about these tables? They are made from metal are not they? And those ones are from plastic. And then, tables could also be used to write or to decorate rooms... Anyone want to try again?

Student: Me! Me! Table is a furniture that has 4 legs, used to write or decorate rooms and even to place things. They could be made from various materials like wood, metal and even plastics! They are also comes in variety of shaspe.

Teacher: Improving! There is of course still a lack of flexibility... as you see, there some tables with only a leg, 2 legs and 3 legs or more! some even attached to the wall and is legless..... are they not a table anymore when they do not have 4 legs? NO!

--------------------------- :oops: could not remember :oops: ------------------

In any case, I was trying to say that when you are writing a story or rping, do not lessen the possibilities of developing the stories for example when you see the student said that tables are a furniture with 4 legs... what about chairs? they 4 legs too dont they and like the teachers said that tables could have 3 or less and even legless! In the end, they are still table... so when creating stories, do not stuck on only one point, develop this one point into thousand of possibilities..!

This is from extracted from my school teacher's handout. DO not expect it to be perfect, my el is bad!

E.g Johnny ate something.

WHAT is this things?
Most ppl would thought it as a food. But, if he is a baby or a child who could not diff. whether what to eat and what not to eat he could probably eating papers or so. And, Johnny doesnt have to be human, he could an IT! and animal!

WHO give Johnny this things?
Does he receive it or stole it.... He could probably snatch it from someone! You do not have to stick to the word GIVE since they never specified.

WHERE is he eating it at?
He could be hiding some where after snatching it from some one or he could be at his room, munching it happily!

HOW does he eat them?
In a rowdy manner? or probably in a casual manner!

ETC

-Hope this help you understand better-
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, that explains everything! OK, I get it now. :)
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

we need more 7 legged tables if you ask me, 7 legged tables with short walls around the hexiconial shape. then add some frills that hang down.

now that is functional and good to look at!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Baka

Fallen Gods

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol....... your creativity is superb...

Too wild If I should say :lol:

anyway, back to the topic:

Quote:

I think I know why lots people like to create people like this. Based on the research done by a psychiatrist I know, most of people who wants to be warrior of the past/prince/princess their real life is not too succesful and they want the feel of being respected and all. And then if you are asked whether you will side the evil or the good, they would choose the good. Why? The evil will always lost and the good will win.... and of course they do not want to lose as they feel they had lost in their real life. Others dreamt to be warlord and influental General or even a legend! But from all these people only how many of them choose to be a side kick, a less influental people, supporter from behind the scene and all. Only a few people!!! If you read LOTR, you see that the main character is weak compared to when you reading adventurous/action manga/comic... where the main character is strong. More people enjoy reading manga/comic because they want the feel of being a stronger person. But, I feel that people who made their character as not always strong are more imaginative than people who make the character a strongest being in the story....

-Sorry i fyou do not understand, It is a bit complicated to explain you see...-
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I think I know why lots people like to create people like this. Based on the research done by a psychiatrist I know, most of people who wants to be warrior of the past/prince/princess their real life is not too succesful and they want the feel of being respected and all. And then if you are asked whether you will side the evil or the good, they would choose the good. Why? The evil will always lost and the good will win.... and of course they do not want to lose as they feel they had lost in their real life. Others dreamt to be warlord and influental General or even a legend! But from all these people only how many of them choose to be a side kick, a less influental people, supporter from behind the scene and all. Only a few people!!! If you read LOTR, you see that the main character is weak compared to when you reading adventurous/action manga/comic... where the main character is strong. More people enjoy reading manga/comic because they want the feel of being a stronger person. But, I feel that people who made their character as not always strong are more imaginative than people who make the character a strongest being in the story

You can actually take that just a bit farther. People will always dream of a life that they don't have. In times of long peace, there will be people that long for wars in order to prove themselves. In times of war (such as today) we long for a time where there are no battles or casualties.

People who daydream about lavish lives do so because they don't have the same opportunities. So in that sense, Baka, you're right. But I'm sure that if you asked some sort of battle-hardened hero what he or she longs for, the answer will be something along the lines of "a safe life for my family and friends"

The grass is always greener on the other side. It makes no difference who you are or what you are.

Fallen Gods

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you Ced for explaining it in a philosphical way :D
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd want a table that has no legs but instead uses HOVER TECHNOLOGY! The only downside would be when the batteries died or a poweroutage occured and the table would slam down into you and breaks you're legs.
...OK, so you could always hang your legless table from the ceiling if you don't like advanced technology. :lol:
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When i heard table i thought of a table as if in a math sense, you know the thing you use to sort stuff on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: