Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is your Religion?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: What is your Religion? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am an atheist I suppose. Never really embraced religion at all.
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No one or anything can break my faith in Jesus.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Still an atheist after 3 years of chemotherapy. I guess nothing can break my lack of faith.
kenren

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

chemo, that sucks bro, really.
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Demons are fallen angels. They can posses a person's body. I say they are real, cause I actually witnessed a person being possessed by a demon. She was possessed and she says different words. Also she called the name of Satan. But when we prayed in the name of Jesus, she said "good spirit, get Away from me!" And after the prayers she called Jesus' name, and finally, she calmed down. This strengthen my faith in Jesus, so this is the reason that my faith in Jesus cannot be broken by any destroyers. I believe in him, always. And by believing in him, I'll fear no one.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, chemo does indeed suck, but it certainly keeps me alive! Without it, I'll be dead by now 100%.
kenren

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh, excuse me, I meant the pain of chemo treatment sucks in addition to why the treatment is necessary. Let me explain myself, it sucks that you have it, my aunt went through chemo, she's currently well. Straight out, it sucks that you have it because I'm aware you're a well read person (but that's only because I roam through the forums). It sucks because I have a strong hunch you're an intelligent and wise person, and of everyone in the world, the intelligent and wise should be prosperous...but I digress. In essence, my comment comes from my respect for you. And fyi, reading your comments throughout the site such in the faqs and articles are hilarious yet clever and perceptive. Lol, I'm straight, btw.
TeddyBear

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: What is your Religion? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Religion is Muslim. Indonesian Muslim. :D
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Catholic, I suppose.

I studied in a Catholic school in elementary -- we have nuns and priest and we go to church weekly.
In my younger years, we used to pray the rosary and attend mass on Sundays.

As a teenager, I stopped being religious as I was during my childhood. Since then I just believe in "God" and "Jesus".
I even questioned my own faith but I didn't bother thinking about it. For me, somebody's up there watching over us...guiding us. It's really hard to explain. XD

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Templeton

186895 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your Religion? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The origins of my faith derive from a jehovah type education class which taught the fundamentals of basic Christian thought. That sounds like alot considering I was eight years old and proffered running around the schools gym rather then here the religious types talk about some guy being betrayed and killed by these "jew" people (it's all I really learned during those weeks).

I suppose later on they may of been banned from preaching to us kids in a public school after people started waving their civil rights concepts on an already liquidated concept of state/religious integration; oh well back then I really never cared about them and this "man betrayed by the jews".

After that my highly educated older sister started sharing her own beliefs in science and began using the concept of evolution to explain the man I later learned was named "Jesus" was a fake. I was either gulluble or just less thoughtful by that time because I developed an idea in my head that "Jesus is only there for the middle class children of my school". It was a weird concept which was often in my head during the brutal parts of Northern Ontario's harsh winters where I had to deliver papers to the rich kids house's in the neighborhood down the street.

High School later came and the concept of this all middle class loving God was still alive but with little insight or care for the matter. I made my first High School friend in the second semester of Grade 9 who had a religiously minded father and like me, my friend lived with a single parent. I later decided to go on a camping trip further up north with them one weekend and a little topic involving paranormal type experiences was later brought forth. My friends father insistent that he saw a flaming cross one night well he was camping like we were; I never questioned his sanity at that point, however, it still was stored in my God hating memory.

Something interesting happened around the time of my birthday later that summer; I still have little idea of what came first but I discovered this completely awesome, perfect in every way, video game known as Suikoden 2 which began an obsessive compulsive drive to understand everything about the series. However, at the same time I somehow got a TV sattelite channel that was not meant to be broadcast on basic none cable television. Because I never had cable and wanted to laugh at the pathetic Christian religion I began watching the shows of this channel.

After about a week, a somewhat greedy idea occurred to me. I began studying the concept of Heaven and thought of how nice it would be if I was to be brought there after I died and be able to play Suikoden game after Suikoden game for all of eternity. From this point on I began studying two things, Suikoden and Christianity, as I was so to say, a born again believer.

For myself it was an unstoppable concept ("Me, Suikoden, and God"). As well I slowly began to see things through an alternate concept, one however would be my downfall later on, I became an unforgiving homophobe. Later on my sister used her Scholar ship money to buy a computer for us both to use. It was around the year December 2001 when we got the computer and shortly after the INTERNET. I wondered around the search engine for awhile until I came upon a site known as "Questions for Blue Moon".

It turned out that this "Blue Moon" guy along with another known as Howling Guild had access to what I thought didn't exist in the Suikoden world. This was the concept of additional information known as "Guides". This along with the announcement and arrival of the Suikogaidens and the promise of Suikoden 3 to come marked the absolute high point of my Suikoden and God relationship.

After reading the "Guides" and various articles of the site I later found this peace attached to Mr Blue Moon's webpage known as the "Forum". Things really started moving fast from there after; I adopted the title "SuikodenFanO1" which was the most original title in the book; however, that didn't matter to me because what would this Blue Moon and Howling Guild really due with the community to make an arrogant title like that matter.

It did matter however as Question for Blue Moon would later turn into Suikosource and Blue Moon and Howling Guild were destined to lead SuikodenFans into a new era.

Now about my downfall. I happened to form friendships and hatreds with people in the community who happened to be gay and liked Suikoden as well, after all my beloved television box kept telling me the same thing; that this was sick.

After what can be evenly called the "One year massacre" the title "SuikodenFanO1" mostly through my homophobe ignorance became no different then shit or dirty liar (all sorts of interesting things were sh-aught at me).

This sums up what life was like during the heyday of my life before I tried stabbing an alleged rapist in my school and got sent to jail for attempt murder.

The idea of pacifism became the norm for me after a preacher who did not fear the prisoners came every week to remind us we were still human began bringing a new and better idea to our way of thinking (at least mine). This may not mean much to some but the idea that man can litterly survive and prosper without even lifting a finger to harm another was the greatest thing I ever could have been told. It took me one month of jail to learn that, and 26 months later I would be released with these ideals intact.

I never went back to the SuikodenFanO1 title but took my avatar pics name "Templeton" and unless something I said offends you in this message I have successfully gone 5 years without one homophobic or slanderous threatening remark ever since.

Thank you for your time

Ryan.
Dew Dust

2127634 Potch
200 Soldiers
104 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am a theist.
I believe that there is something out there, a Creator of some sort, a God.
But other than that, I don't put much emphasis on organized religion. I agree with the idea that religion is here to help bring hope and peace to people in times of conflict, sorrow, and stress. And if that is the case with people then so be it and more power to them. But that organized religion is also used as a shield, or power, or to control the masses which is what I find to be sad.

I have been Catholic then born again Christian then studied with other religions from lutherians to Jehovah's Witnesses then to being agnostic to atheist and then studied Judiasm and realizing after doing so much searching for any "Truth" or correct religion that there is just unanswers, conflicting information, incorrect information, brainwashing, and judging of others, or 'we are better' feelings, and 'if you are not part of us then you are screwed' situations.

And really...if there was a god out there who says you are wrong because you haven't found the one, correct, true religion even though then there a billions of people who claim they found it and try to live their lives to the best of their ability to follow that religion but then they are wrong because they weren't of a ~specific~ religion then I don't understand how good and loving that god is.

So basically, if I live my life doing good and treating others good and doing what I think I can do for the good of mankind then I hope god sees that then me failing with finding the 'true, correct' religion.

4560 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm catholic,and though I don't agree with the actions the church has taken(ever really) I take the spirituality from it seriously.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

Jump to: