Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Phase 12 Declarations of Intent
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yez! Finally, I get to read some explorations!

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm curious to know how many explorations are left. The Kooluk one has me waiting on the edge of my seat. Is anyone else waiting on theirs?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You could have just checked those listed in the DOIs against those that have been posted, but Grassland, Harmonia, Nameless Lands, Tinto, Zexen, and Kooluk's are not posted yet.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know Sage, I never feel quite as dumb as I do when you're around. For some reason that didn't even cross my mind. Thanks for the tip, now I look like a moron.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, this phase is progressing as slow as ever, mainly due to me being real busy with my work and because I've had some social life these days, but things should be back to normal now with less work and no social life. Good news for Suikox.

Anyhow, I'll run the region investment script in like 48 hours or so, so you folks have some time to get yourself organized.

Otherwise, I'm working on the map, etc so sit tight.

Last edited by Vextor on Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't rush on our account... I like it when it's not so fast. Then my head doesn't want to explode. >_>
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vector Xthonic, it has been a while now. Have you run the investment script yet? Just wondering, no need to rush or whatnot if you have other matters to deal with. ^^

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The script has been run and all region stats have been updated. Along with the changes in stats, populations have started to fluctuate starting this phase.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

by the way, the population increase/decrease for phase 12 was somewhat of a hack job. Phase 13 will see some improvement.

Basically, the phase 12 change only took Happiness and Ethics into account.

Phase 13 will take Agriculture and Garrison quantity into account as well. A higher garrison will basically compensate for lower ethics, and lower garrison will nullify high ethics.

Also, the maximum population of a region will simply be the agriculture value x10000. This means a region with an AGR of 5 can sustain apopulation of 50000, while a region with an AGR of 95 can sustain a population of 950000.

On top of that, AGR will start to go down steadily in a future phase, but this will be beyond phase 13. (Because farmland degrades after use, and has to be re-cultivated).
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That makes sense I guess. I'm looking forward to it.

So once the map is updated I guess we can call Phase 12 done?

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For you guys, yes.

For me, I have to get a few other stuff done.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vector Xthonic wrote:
Also, the maximum population of a region will simply be the agriculture value x10000. This means a region with an AGR of 5 can sustain apopulation of 50000, while a region with an AGR of 95 can sustain a population of 950000.

On top of that, AGR will start to go down steadily in a future phase, but this will be beyond phase 13. (Because farmland degrades after use, and has to be re-cultivated).

I know it's still far away and nothing to be done in the near future yet, but I'm wondering about a few things:

1. Since Protectorate area has no AGR value, how would this new "AGR*10,000 as the maximum population" rule be working for them? Does this mean that they can't have anyone as their population? Or does this mean that they are 'exceptions'?

2. Regarding the decreasing value of AGR by default every phase (in the future far away). I'm wondering about this since I'm worried that this would prevent nations to be able to invest on other things because they would try to "break even" with their AGR value. Since investment is done individually per member (and each member can only invest in 1 stats), there might be nations that don't even have enough active members to invest on AGR on all of their regions, let alone investing in other stats. Is there any plan to balance this out a bit?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looking into the far future as well, what if the population reached its maximum, and then the AGR stat starts to degrade? Will the people automatically die of starvation? Or maybe the nation can help (or choose to) move them somewhere else?

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Protectorates have their food supplied from outside sources, and thus are exempt from AGR effects. Protectorates provide a very specialized function, and people that live there don't go about their daily life like others in normal regions.

There is no plan to "balance out" AGR degredation. This means nations that have many regions will have a lot more trouble keeping up with their agriculture; or they'll have to simply think of certain regions as being "worthless" and simply focus on a select few number of regions.

When the AGR stat degrades, that doesn't mean people die of starvation. They probably move elsewhere or something. However, a nation won't have a say as to where they go (from a RP sense).
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, unless it's very gradual and/or random, it'll be a nightmare to manage. Maintanence and decay have always been my weak point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: