Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Incantation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirYuber

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Incantation? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

have anyone found out what incantation really does? It is supposed to shorten magic casting, but how much?..

Because my favorite character, *cough*KYLE*cough* has SS in Zen Sword, but i always skip that skill and just gives him A in Swift foot for extra Spd,Eva,Acc..( the other slot is of course S in agility)

so if anyone have any numbers or info at all regarding the skill Incantation (maybe from konami themselves :) ), and also, if the skill stack, like the rest of the skills does (unsure about Vitality)..
Like equiping Kyle with SS in Zen Sword and S in Divine Right for double Incantation?

"Then I will put an end to your misery.You, the successor to the 27 true Runes, will be granted your eternal slumber.Don't you feel honored?"
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe it just makes them cast the spell faster. In some cases, I've had characters with low speed cast a spell very early in the round, and sometime characters with great speed go after others when casting. I'm assuming that the higher the skill, the sooner you'll cast (which would be extremely useful for low-speed healers).

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that's its purpose; speed of spell cast. your character probably had the fastest cast rank of all present (including the enemy), so their spell went first, or, at least it would seem logical for that to be so.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
SirYuber

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

poorguy171 wrote:
I believe it just makes them cast the spell faster. In some cases, I've had characters with low speed cast a spell very early in the round, and sometime characters with great speed go after others when casting. I'm assuming that the higher the skill, the sooner you'll cast (which would be extremely useful for low-speed healers).

Are you sure you casted the same level of spells with both characters? its a big difference between a level 1 and level 4 you know...and yeah ,i KNOW it is supposed to cast magic faster, but HOW much faster?

maybe its something like this:

Kyle at 151 Spd casts a level 1 spell, to cast a level 2 spell, he is down at 140(?)Spd, a level 3 spell he is down at 130(?) Spd and so on... maybe Incantation closes the gap, so he will cast a level 4 at 140Spd? or something...
I just wondered if there were any concrete info on this... :)

BUT the question is, will Kyle be a better/faster magic caster with SS in Zen Sword or A in Swift foot?

"Then I will put an end to your misery.You, the successor to the 27 true Runes, will be granted your eternal slumber.Don't you feel honored?"
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe.... SS in Zen Sword :?
but well... an A in Swift Foot is not bad either... :roll:
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some people on GameFaqs said that Incantation never sped up casting for them even at two S/SS ranks. Still better to stick any mages with Magic or the Sacred Oath epic anyway since you'll always be casting every turn anyway.

Kyle's a better melee fighter anyways with the glorius three rune combo.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can ride through the whole game up until the final boss without incantation, against the Sun Rune it's important that healing spells are initiated before the incarnation uses it's attack, especially if you've slacked off and all your characters are only at about level 59 or 60. It also works great with the Dawn and Twighlight runes, by themselves and also in their healing and damaging unite attack.

SirYuber wrote:
Because my favorite character, *cough*KYLE*cough* has SS in Zen Sword, but i always skip that skill and just gives him A in Swift foot for extra Spd,Eva,Acc..( the other slot is of course S in agility)

Why don't you develop all his stats?
SirYuber

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wes wrote:

Why don't you develop all his stats?

why should i? i only use S in agility, SS in Zen Sword or A in swift foot as he doesnt have anything else so choose from IMO..
S in Attack is wasted, because heavy damage is 3 rune slots, not attack stat, and his S in defense.. its maybe useful if you plan to use him as a tank early on.. in new game+ maybe..(because there are many characters who fills that position way better than him anyway.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: