Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tir McDohl becoming cynical and dark??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nach0king

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mitchell wrote:
I never actually got that impression from Tir. I always saw him as a nervously cautious and fearful Rune Bearer. I'm mainly referring to the rescue of Ko with this. It didn't seem so much of a refusal to me as it did Tir's fear, cautiousness, and nervousness of the Rune's power.

As for him being dark and brooding, I never got that either. I found him to be a sad character, designed to be that way (and it shows), but always looking to help if he could. I like the character of Tir just because of that willingness to try his best, despite the fact he fears his Rune. If anything, I think Tir is actually a rather cheerful character...

Just my imagery, anyway.

I agree totally with your first point. Remember Tir's early experiences with runes - watching Ted kill the spider. And, of course, we know what happened after that. He knows just how dangerous and corrupting such runic power can be and as such he is careful.

I never really regarded him as sad, but I did see him as quite selfless, maybe he's got a bit of a martyr complex but overall I saw him as a positive character.

I haven't read the novels, of course.

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

would not any soul turn dark when the rune he has to bear strips the ones he loves of there souls only to make its self stronger and to hurt others, and as well have that same rune be the cause of wars and violence the world over. as well as haveing ageless people chase you and try to kill you just to get there hands on a rune that they think they can control but obviously they cant because no one can control a true rune completely, any one in that situation would turn dark and cynical.

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: