Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Gremio and Camille

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Gremio and Camille Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I posted this spec a while back not sure if it was here or on source or gamefaqs, but I figure its time for a good suikoden 1 discussion.
Massive Suikoden 1 Spoilers Below:

I believe the Gremio and Camille were lovers. Camille joins you early in the game because gremio owes her money for the dinner she "catered" in Gregminster in the beginning of the game. However she chooses to stay with your army for the duration of the game. She never speaks of your cause so it's likely she didn't stay because she believes in what your doing, her only explanation is that she will stay with Gremio until you can afford to pay for the dinner party. By the end of the game you can pay for all the dinner parties you could ever want, your castle is built to max level you've gambled your way to wealth and still she stays. This sounds like a flimsy arguement I know, but look at other factors. She is one of the only people to stay on your floor of the castle (where your bedroom is). Other then her is Pahn and Cleo (also clearly getting it on) Gremio and Matty the Stratty. When Gremio dies and you walk down the hallway of shame you talk to Cleo, Pahn and Camille... Camille takes his death the hardest though knowing him the least amount of time. If you choose to kill Millich when you get the option, Camille is the one to deal the killing blow. Kind of odd that not you whom he died protecting or at the very least Cleo or Pahn is closest friends would kill Millich. Lastly look at the position she is granted at the end of the game. She becomes one of the Six Generals. Kind of a lofty position for a debt collector who was just hanging around to collect a bill. All this leads me to believe that Camille and Gremio formed a relationship in the shadows of suikoden 1.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you want further proof. Take a look at her 'ancestor' Rachel in Suikoden IV, who also falls for her mark Cedric.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shaolin_swordsman

47140 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like this idea very much and it all seems to make sense. Your argument is good.
I would say though, that Camille becoming general has nothing to do with her being in love with Gremio. Gremio has no part in the formation of the new government. He is either dead or journeying with Tir.
Camille becomes general because she is one of the top tier characters in the game. She's generally considered to be on par with the hero in terms of how perfectly balanced she is.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Her becoming general shows that the developers may have intended for her to have a larger part in the game.
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also the fact that she is such a well balanced fighter makes her that much more "useable" which also could be evidence of Camille's importance in the game and as such in my belief that she and Gremio were romantically involved.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is obvious that Camille grows a romantic interest towards Gremio, but there is nothing to show that Gremio reciprocated those feelings. I would say it is more likely that the relationship was one-sided, like those of Riou and Eilie, and Tir and Kasumi.

P.S. Yes, I read this because I'm looking for more info to disprove your Gremio Hatefest theory.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TruePerception":32kno9tx]It is obvious that Camille grows a romantic interest towards Gremio, but there is nothing to show that Gremio reciprocated those feelings. I would say it is more likely that the relationship was one-sided, like those of Riou and Eilie, and Tir and Kasumi.

P.S. Yes, I read this because I'm looking for more info to disprove your Gremio Hatefest theory.

I see no evidence to support it being one sided, unfortunately the game developers didn't feel the need to explore this side story which they allude to during the game. However I do think it's a reasonable assumption that Camille a debt collector wasn't made one of the Six Great Generals after the war for no reason and she certainly wasn't one of the six best fighters in the game. I believe she attained this position through her relationship with Gremio. Gremio would only have helped her get this position of prestige which would likely keep her in Gregminster because he recipricated her feelings and wanted to be with her.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Murayama intended to give a bigger role to Camille (as well as Warren and a number of other characters with very little plot), but things got trimmed down due to time constraints. Too bad.
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio is gay, he bilked the bill because her garnishes weren't fabulous enough.
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Vextor":264i48so]Murayama intended to give a bigger role to Camille (as well as Warren and a number of other characters with very little plot), but things got trimmed down due to time constraints. Too bad.

It is a shame, especially since they left little tidbits hinting at different things within the game and her ending clearly reflects whatever they had in mind. Other then my Gremio-Camille assumption it seemed pretty wierd she would become one of the Six Great Generals

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
mohammed

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TruePerception":3vox76ig]It is obvious that Camille grows a romantic interest towards Gremio, but there is nothing to show that Gremio reciprocated those feelings. I would say it is more likely that the relationship was one-sided, like those of Riou and Eilie, and Tir and Kasumi.

i agree with you
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: