Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Favorite Suikoden Strategist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is your favorite Strategist in Suikoden?
Albert Silverberg
10%
 10%  [ 27 ]
Apple
4%
 4%  [ 12 ]
Caesar Silverberg
5%
 5%  [ 15 ]
Dios
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Klaus Windamier
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Leon Silverberg
13%
 13%  [ 35 ]
Mathiu Silverberg
11%
 11%  [ 30 ]
Nash Latkje
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
Salome Harras
7%
 7%  [ 21 ]
Sebastian
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Jess
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Shu
38%
 38%  [ 104 ]
Total Votes : 268

Horcrux

516 Potch
12 Soldiers
16992 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Caesar.

1. What makes this strategist your favorite?

He has a much more interesting personality than most of the other strategists; everyone else (with the possible exception of Elenor, Salome, and Apple) functions less as a character and solely as a strategist.
Plus, I like the fact that he doesn't adhere to the "do whatever you must to lessen casualties, even if it's completely morally reprehensible. (Unlike a certain brother and grandfather of his).

2. What scene do you like involving this strategist?

Caesar calling Fred a baboon, then completely denying he ever said it, and the ensuing arguement are up there.
I laughed my head off when Yun approched him out of nowhere and offers to tell him where Albert is, and he responded, "Who the hell are you?" Hillariously blunt.
I LOVE using him as a character in Nadir's plays. His line as Romeo: "I was pushed into acting in this play, and now I'm just trying to muddle my way through." His line as the Shepherd Boy: "There's a wolf for chrissakes!"

3.What strategic action performed by this character do you find memorable?

Burning the mixture of grass and dung at Chisha to ward off the Mantors. He's clearly done his homework.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, at this point in time, I'd have to pick Lucretia

1. What makes this strategist your favorite? - Because she's hot, and if I have to put my life in the hands of someone, they might as well be pleasant to look at. Really though, she's quite sharp, so she's more than just a pretty face. I mean, she cozied up to the female prison guard, since, you know how female prison guards swing, and thus was spending her time in prison in complete comfort. But, it still comes back to that appeal of hers.

2. What scene do you like involving this strategist? - Setting aside the fact that I don't like her english voice which I think ruins this scene, I liked her conversation with Sialeeds on the dam when Sialeeds was dying. I liked the knowing back and forth they had with each other. Both knowing what the other was really saying, but neither willing to actually say it. Certainly a memorable scene.

3. What strategic action performed by this character do you find memorable? - Her foresight to abandon the castle and lure the enemy into was a big gamble that paid off big. Oh, sure, you can ignore her advice, which does actually lead to probably one of the best scenes in the game, but then you'll have doomed poor Lyon to death as well as Roy, so it's a good reason to always listen to your strategist. :)

~Uguu!~
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SHU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IS THE ULTIMATE
HE IS THE GREATEST
THE IS THE FIRST AND LAST GREAT STRATEGIST
so to seem so stalkerish[sp?]

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I preferred Leon's methods to Shu's actually. There was a definite method to what Leon did. Shu just seemed to have a lot of luck in his plans.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Your Favorite Suikoden Strategist Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just loved her whole persona. She's freaking good, and she knows it! Not only is she a military genius, but she just has this commanding atmosphere to her. She can easily manipulate people and knows just which strings to pull. Despite all this, however, she has very strong principles and always does exactly what she believes is right. She may not be the most loyal strategist, but she knows what's best for the nation/people overall. I also respect her wishes to avoid casualities whenever possible.

Others have mentioned it, and I completely agree. Any interaction between Lucretia and Sialeeds is fascinating to me. She feels sympathy and possibly even regret over the fact that her suggestion essentially killed Arshtat, but she stands by the fact that it was entirely necessary. Her conversation with the dying Sialeeds is extremely emotional and one of my favorites scenes in the series.

3. What strategic action performed by this character do you find memorable?
The attack on Hatred Fortress. I was pleasantly surprised by her willingness to go out of the way to use both a genius tactic (taking advantage of so many available resources) that would spare as many lives as possible. Her whole approach to war was unique and utterly respectable, and I think this battle and tactic was representative of that.

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I preferred Leon's methods to Shu's actually. There was a definite method to what Leon did. Shu just seemed to have a lot of luck in his plans.

yea i have to agree but i would like to side with a guy who has mass luck.

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
mega0soft

Fight For Love

38146 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hi,
Shu
I liked this trader/strategist, I wonder why not help me making money at s2, i have to steal money from hans ..
shu sacrifices himself in order to capture L' Renouille
solon jhee vs orange(your) army
natsun7gem

Natsun gem of Aronia

37113 Potch
14 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually,I liked Lucretia. But can't find the name at the list...
So, I voted for Caesar Silverberg..
He is Unique...And I liked his personality, plus his sleepy eyes ^w^!!
It makes me sleepy...hahaha
I'm looking for a same path, that I couldn't find in the past......

genne atreides aka natsun gem
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Favorite Suikoden Strategist Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd definetly have to say Shu.
c4123n

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Caesar.

1. He is more playful than the others, and young too. the others are a little too serious (except Nash, maybe, but i feel that Caesar is good for a teen)

2. Don't Play SIII, but I read the manga. I like the scene where two guys (forgot who's the name) bringing Caesar's message to Albert after Chisha is taken by Harmonia

3. Mmm... never remember, seriously. I don't remember any action of any strategists...................
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Favorite Suikoden Strategist Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leon Silverberg

1. He's the only strategist in the games besides maybe Albert who looks at battle without any emotion what-so-ever. He's the most noble because he does what he does to ensure as low of a death toll as possible and he doesn't do it to be popular, he doesn't care what people think of him. Also on a whole I would say he had the largest area of effect on history. If you look at it like a stone on a pond his ripple effect is enormous. He's a major reason why Mathiu left the Imperial Army which lead to him joining the Rebel Army. He is the downfall of Luca Blight and would have been the downfall of the Dunan Army were it not for Shu's kamikaze strategy. Albert clearly got most of his ideals from him. I would even say not becoming him may have been a reason why Mathiu balanced "heart" into his strategies which transferred in a large way to Apple.

2. The scene in the fire between Shu and Leon in suikoden 2. Leon is so cocky and condescending to Shu even though Shu's strategy was obviously more effective than his own. That for me sums up what a Strategist must be, never wrong, never questioning there decision, always believing they are the best.

3. Sealing the beast rune in the Palace in Suikoden 2. Luca gives them a tool to a sure fire victory but Leon seals it off and keeps it sealed until he know someone is strong enough to defeat it. It's the only time I can think of when Leon sacrificed victory for the greater good (unless you count Luca dying as a loss). Its also the perfect example of why Leon is a strategist. How many lives were saved because the Beast Rune was never set free.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leon Silverberg

-his philosophy of ending war with the least amount of casualties for both sides

-the scene where he and Jowy helped orchestrate the defeat of Luca Blight

-the Kalekka incident. i know we never see it in game but this for me defines Leon. not the most morally correct act but this allowed the empire to fight back against jowston asap there by having a lot less casualties then a prolonged war
LightRiou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mathiu
jowy220

Location: highland royal plaza (sleeping in the bed with jilia)
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shu of course
and what he maked him really special (in my opinion) when he defended the hq when solon jhee unit attacked it
he used the river wich is a weak piont in the highland army and surrended them
really kwl
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Went with Albert, although Salome's a close second. I would be really happy to see those 2 work together in a future installment.

I liked Caesar, but he's got a little growing to do before he's really prime Silverberg material. Got loads of respect for Leon, Mathiu... not so much. And I'm not a fan of Shu at all.

Anyways, why Albert...
I can't say that there's really anything that could be singled out as far as scenes and whatnot, because his whole scheme was just brilliant. I liked his personality, style... just a good impressive character overall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: