Suikoden United and Irenic Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Favorite Suikoden Strategist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is your favorite Strategist in Suikoden?
Albert Silverberg
10%
 10%  [ 27 ]
Apple
4%
 4%  [ 12 ]
Caesar Silverberg
5%
 5%  [ 15 ]
Dios
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Klaus Windamier
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Leon Silverberg
13%
 13%  [ 35 ]
Mathiu Silverberg
11%
 11%  [ 30 ]
Nash Latkje
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
Salome Harras
7%
 7%  [ 21 ]
Sebastian
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Jess
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Shu
38%
 38%  [ 104 ]
Total Votes : 268

TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw it more as either a futile attempt to make you doubt your tactician or the personal (and quite biased) opinion of Gizel.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SHU

1. What makes this strategist your favorite?
- comes up with the craziest ideas....i guesss?

2. What scene do you like involving this strategist?
- the scene when you just recruited him and says something about how he's worth a 1000 men or something?

3. What strategic action performed by this character do you find memorable?
- putting his life on the line and tried to kill leon? im not suree
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. I really like Shu's character, he is good and he knows it. I noticed the comparison to the legendary Zhuge Liang of Three Kingdoms China too.

2. Two scenes stick in my mind, the first being during the route to one of the bad endings where Shu slaps the hero after he wrecklessly fled and cost Lord Ridley his life.

3. His feats when the New City State army are first forms, when he sees off the attack from Solon Jee. All the battles he participates in he seems to make a difference.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
malizeron

2607 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Albert Silverberg!
He summoned Yuber, and was on Luc's team. Also he smart and cold.

The time when he was late to Celeria.

When he came up with the elaborate plan to help Luc, even though it failed.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jess
He's an idiot who jumps to conclusions and is also a condescending ass. Lovable and a classic character. All future suikoden strategist should at least try to be like him.

The time when he sent several thousand of soldiers/mercenaries in his command to their death in tinto. That shows cunning and extreme attention to details, not to mention the trust that he gives ALL his soldiers that they would be steadfast, loyal and whatnot to the cause

When he told RIOU and NANAMI not to run away. This shows that he even finds a suspected assasin worthy of his trust, that is RIOU would not flee the scene. Surely such a very forward thinking strategist like Jess deserves number 1 in your list

:*laugh*:
blight2345432

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My choice is Shu
1. What makes him my favorite is that he is cold and calculating at first and uses riou to lead the army and promote morale but as the game goes on he begins to warm up and even is willing to sacrifice himself for the victory of the city state. this is only after nanami's "Death" scene when he truly realizes the loyalty that riou has over his followers. he notices it through out the entire game and even becomes loyal himself.

2. My favorite scene with shu is the entire of suikoden two starting with his recruitment to when he's talking to riou and jowy at the unicorn brigades camp. I was literally amazed by him the entire time. Every word he spoke was astounding to me. but if i had to chose a specific moment it would be the entire battle of matilda, from leaving greenhill the first time to nanami's "death" scene.

3. the most memorable strategic action that shu had would have to be the whole of the battle against the white wolves army. when luca's main force comes to your castle and you just have to knock luca out to win. to the night raid's ambush. especially the firefly amulet which is one my favorite ploy of the entire game. because the force him to go to the cape of north window and have the area lit up so they can just shot him down so Riou could have his way with him at the end.
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had to put Apple as my favorite strategist, althought Mathiu is a close second. I loved seeing how Apple grew and changed over the span of the first three games. I think being able to get to know her character so well is what puts her above the other strategists.

Something else that I really liked about Apple is that we never really get to see her true brillance as a lead strategist except in the very beginning of S2, in which she takes a backseat to Shu, and that was only for a couple of battles. While Shu was an effective and fierce strategist himself i didn't really like some of his plans, he seemed to be a bit reckless at times. By the time we reaced S3 Apple had already retired as a strategist altogether and became a teacher and writer just like Mathiu.

As for her strategic plan that makes her my favorite, it has to be the first (i think) battle from S2 when you defend the castle using the water as not only a natural defense but also as a means of ambushing the enemy from behind. (now that i think about it that might have been Shu's plan... Dang it Apple why didn't you have more parts :cry:) OK ok what about hang out with Apple near the end of S2 when you had a choice of which part of the battle to take part in. Who knew making battle deciesions from the Castle could be so much fun!

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
Hikoichi

The Tiger On The Storm!

107585 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

His style,his way of strategy (remember he broke a strategist's code of do not enter in dangerous battlefield...at Leon X Shu battle)

The most memorable scene is his battle solo against Leon Silverberg xD
and his first battle as strategist of Dunan Army.

He had various actions that was memorable xD
like the ones i said above xD

RH : Fierce Tiger

I have a training to complete...
and friends to help...
So,Master I won't let me down!!
Harmony

Hugging Hippies

82515 Potch
0 Soldiers
93935 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Albert Silverberg, no contest.

He's handsome ;) Ahem. He's brilliant, arrogant, cool and collected, and drove an entire war. Not to mention he can summon monsters ((his last scene in the game is just awesome!)). His looks don't hurt either :P

For some reason I really like the scene where Albert and Yuber are in Chisa village and that little exchange with Apple and Caesar. Albert says something along the lines of "I'm with someone today ((Yuber)) who doesn't like to listen to me." Not sure why I like it, it's just a little random and kind of cute ^^;;;

The entire game was a strategic action put in place by Albert so he could benefit himself. Probably his most memorable move would be the burning of the Karayan village. He knew exactly what Salome would do, and acted accordingly.

Just as a side note, I'm still not sure how the war helped him gain a higher position in Harmonia. I'm sure Sasarai isn't jumping to hire Albert back after what he put him though ((what with betrayal and helping the man who stole his rune and all)). Personally, I think his ending in the manga makes more sense ((where he is more or less exiled, and has to move to another coutry and change his name due to what he's done)), though it's not cannon. Would anyone care to explain?

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

APPLE she never realy became the main strategist but still she was one.
Nesia

One-two-scratch

51603 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was Shu of course

He could deceive friend and foe alike. Not all people could do that.
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It cracks me up that Sebastian even qualifies as a strategist. But I guess he does, if you consider,"Let's throw ourselves at the mercy of the Zexen Council and beg for forgiveness!" to be a strategy.
Axis

8709 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shu

He's reliable, and yet puts himself in danger's way to get the job done.

When the forest is set on fire with him and Leon within it.

3. What strategic action performed by this character do you find memorable?[/b]
The one I mentioned in #2.
Lilith

9390 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lucretia

-She just had the aura of a strategist. The first time I saw her, I knew that
I wouldn´t be disappointed with this Lady!

-Well, there is not really a scene I like the most, but I think when she was convincing the Prince to flee his castle with a great plan on her mind showed how competant she was.

When she was tricking the Godwins into believing that they had already won just to turn the tables later.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Klaus. Why? Because he's from Highland of course! Born and bred! :P

No seriously, of the strategists I felt that he was more of a natural talent. All the Silverbergs, Shu and Mathiu all went to official schools of strategy (usually in Harmonia), however Klaus just picked it up as he went along. To me that marks him as one of the better strategists in the series, and with training he could be the best of them all. The strategies of Highland pre-Jowy & Leon were just "lets get in there and slaughter them!", Klaus had a little more finesse and between his smarts and his father's experience their 3rd RHC (Royal Highland Company) was a solid unit - only discarded because Luca knew they wouldn't follow his rule.

Klaus knew when to admit his strategies failed, and knew that Shu was his superior in that regard, which is why he tucked under Shu's wing and studied hard to improve his own tactical ability.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: