Suikoden Unique and Illusional Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

World of Warcraft
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: World of Warcraft Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I THOUGHT there was a topic here, but I couldn't find one in the first two pages, so here's a new World of Warcraft topic.

Anyone here play regularly? I play on a few servers regularly, mostly on Twisting Nether as a priest (Cosette) and as a warrior (Myrannis). I also play on Azlagor as Pats the Paladin. Each alt I have kind of has a different purpose, but I alternate between them to give me a decent dose of variety.

Anyone else around here play much? I've been playing somewhat consistently since I started a couple of months ago and have a Level 29 as my highest character. I'm most attached to playing a priest... I am starting to learn about how there are just too many bad healers out there and so I want to be one of the good ones. X.x

SuikoX World of Warcraft Players

Arcana: Myrannis : Twisting Nether : Alliance : Night elf Warrior
Cedric: Freyjadour : Arygos : Alliance Night Elf hunter
iscalio: Marlowe : Blackwater Raiders : Horde : Orc Hunter
Synchysi: Marsch : Feathermoon : Horde : Blood Elf Rogue
Boogeyman: ?? : Echo Isles : Horde : Tauren Druid
Syb: Destromath : ?? : Horde : Blood elf Hunter
parallax: Ulldhur : Echo Isles : Horde : Orc Warrior

Last edited by Arcana on Wed May 09, 2007 9:41 pm; edited 4 times in total
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i played on a hack server called faros, but it got all destroyed. So i don't, well i'm looking for a good free server :)

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Were there free World of Warcraft servers? How does that work? It's pretty tightly controlled by Blizzard.
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

o theres alot of free ones. :) u just gotta look ;)

Edited by Synchysi: I'm fairly sure free WoW servers are illegal, therefore linking to them or a resource with which to find one is also not allowed.

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I do play World of Warcraft and have a whole bunch of characters that I use on a frequent basis. My main however is a Tauren Shaman lvl 60 fully decked out in the Earthfury set, with the exception of the helm, and that being Ten Storms. Yes I know it is kind of odd to have so much time to dedicate to a game, especially when I am on only, during the weekend, but I have been playing for about a year now. Anyways yeah you can usually find me on the Dark Iron server. I am known as Rathmagen

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate WoW, yet I play it. The whole game is just so stupidly unbalanced it's unfair.

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1759/wowscrnshot0621061600420uw.gif
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fudozukushi, how is the game stupidly unbalanced? If you're going to post something like that, you should explain it. WoW is known to be one of the most friendly games out there, and in fact, usually people criticize the fact that the game is TOO balanced.

As for private servers, I don't know if those are legal, although I did have a friend (and I agree with him) that there should be servers out there that ban anyone under the age of 18 from playing. Not because he wanted adult content of any sort, but because WoW is filled with so many immature 14-year olds that playing with semi-mature adults who have a sense of politeness would really, really, make the game experience more amusing and entertaining.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arcana wrote:
Fudozukushi, how is the game stupidly unbalanced? If you're going to post something like that, you should explain it. WoW is known to be one of the most friendly games out there, and in fact, usually people criticize the fact that the game is TOO balanced.

Well to most people the PVE aspect of the game is too unfair to the Horde because the Alliance only class the Paladin (aka my class) is too powerful with being able to buff the entire raid to be far more powerful and useful then Shamans.

In PVP (the more played part of the game) the Horde only class the Shaman excels in what is most importent in PVP, Burst damage and healing.

Of course when Burning Crusade comes out it's all moot but for now it's just tiring.

I'll post much better reasons when I've no longer been awake for over 100 hours.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There was another WoW thread, but it seems the recent database trouble ate it.

Anyway, I've been playing for about three or four months and just got my troll hunter on Feathermoon to 60 a few days ago.

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fudozukushi wrote:
Arcana wrote:

Well to most people the PVE aspect of the game is too unfair to the Horde because the Alliance only class the Paladin (aka my class) is too powerful with being able to buff the entire raid to be far more powerful and useful then Shamans.

In PVP (the more played part of the game) the Horde only class the Shaman excels in what is most importent in PVP, Burst damage and healing.

But that's such a small decision, overall, whether you go Horde vs. Alliance. I don't think that raids have been made or broken because one group was horde and one group was alliance. I don't really know if you can say that the ONLY class that excels at PvP is the Shaman. I also totally disagree that PvP is the more played part of the game. Thousands of players NEVER step foot into a battleground, or play on PvE servers and never walk into contested areas with their flags on.

So I really can't see how you can claim that the game is "stupidly unbalanced".

For PvP, there are three classes that are seen to excel a duelling or one-on-one combat, and that's the Shadow priest, the warlock, and the rogue. But you also see that the shaman and the paladin are recognized as extremely good PvP participants as well. In battlegrounds, since you need a team of attackers, your individual class hardly matters, but I see many priests and druids running flags successfully, I see rogues and hunters making effective use of their traps and their DPS, and warlocks totally destroying opposition and slowing down flag carriers.

I've heard that Shamans are kind of useless in end-game raiding (rogues, too) but end-game raiding is hardly the entire Level 60 play. Many people who can't raid will just end up re-rolling a new class to play if they don't like raiding or something. But up until endgame, whether you use a Paladin or whatever in your group (and you don't always have paladins available) is hardly a big deal. You're not even really in direct competition with Alliance and with the Horde. It's not like that Horde are stupidly disadvantaged because they don't have Paladins, and that the Horde "lose" instances more than Paladins.

The reason that Alliances tends to have 3x population of Horde out there is because Alliance characters are pretty :)
Lord Vader

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just got the game a few days ago. A group of friends at school talked me in to getting the game. So here I am, now I have no life between work, football, and school because I rush home to play WoW. I had a couple of characters, but restarted as a human today. I am only level 8 right now. Like I said, just got the game.

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What server?

I am not sure right now if I prefer Horde or Alliance. It's not that one's better, just that they're different. One thing about the Alliance is that I think their starting areas (at least, for Night elf and human) are a bit nicer than the Orc and especially the undead regions. They have more quests in a small area. When you hit about Level 11, you can go to either Auberdine, Loch Modan, or Westfall for a decent variety (and in there, quests will send you to Ashenvale and Redridge), but in the Hordeland, you're kind of stuck with the Barrens for about 10 levels from Level 10 to 20, and that can be a drag.

The game is very entertaining. My favourite part of it is playing with friends that I know using voice chat. I like going around with her and we'll joke with each other and make in-game Says expressing our stupid senses of humour. If you can get Ventrilo or Skype or some other voice chat software to use while playing with friends, make sure you do so! It makes the game more fun.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arcana wrote:
For PvP, there are three classes that are seen to excel a duelling or one-on-one combat, and that's the Shadow priest, the warlock, and the rogue. But you also see that the shaman and the paladin are recognized as extremely good PvP participants as well. In battlegrounds, since you need a team of attackers, your individual class hardly matters, but I see many priests and druids running flags successfully, I see rogues and hunters making effective use of their traps and their DPS, and warlocks totally destroying opposition and slowing down flag carriers.

I've heard that Shamans are kind of useless in end-game raiding (rogues, too) but end-game raiding is hardly the entire Level 60 play. Many people who can't raid will just end up re-rolling a new class to play if they don't like raiding or something. But up until endgame, whether you use a Paladin or whatever in your group (and you don't always have paladins available) is hardly a big deal. You're not even really in direct competition with Alliance and with the Horde. It's not like that Horde are stupidly disadvantaged because they don't have Paladins, and that the Horde "lose" instances more than Paladins.

The reason that Alliances tends to have 3x population of Horde out there is because Alliance characters are pretty :)

Hehehe - Well I guess I'm enough of a WoW and MMORPG buff to put some comments in here. WoW is not unbalanced... you dont know unbalanced till you play Lineage ][. In L2 mages are gods, they can drop any other character even 10 levels above them in seconds from max range and noone else can do anything about it... except make their own mage. Add to that the game is free PvP so anyone can kill anyone anytime, there are greifers walking around 24/7 slaughtering other classes and because of the L2 system noone can do anything. Oh and if you talk to the GMs about anything they say "this is free pvp, go kill them and sort it out yourself". Worst thing about it is that mages in L2 take zero brains to play... just spam the same spell again and again and they're freakin invincible.

WoW is waaay more balanced and way more friendly. You say Shadow Priests, Warlocks and Rogues are overpowered? If the player of one of those characters doesn't know what they're doing they're going to get smashed. That is what balance is, a good player can beat a noob. My flatmates have 60 Priest/Warlock/Rogue/Mage/Druid between them and they're not invincible.

It is true that some classes don't have much of a spot in high end raids, I've heard that Paladins and Shamans (because they're a bit of everything) are not really that useful in high end raids, and similarly druids are useless unless they go full restoration spec. They're great at flag carrying true, even with my hunter hot on their heels a good druid can shape change so freaking quickly they're basically never slowed at all. That's all well and good but put them in Alterac Valley or a high end raid and they're standing back in human form twiddling their thumbs because healing is all they're good for.

Blizzard has said they're going to fix this with the Burning Crusade update, that Paladins will become better at tanking and will have more moves that work as effective taunts... and that Shaman DPS is being increased so they can hold spots in raids for their damage. I'm not sure what they're going to do for druids, I mean they're a poor man's everything so what are they good for bar flag carrying?

I'm no expert I've just watched my flatmates play a whole lot and have done some myself. My current characters:

SILVER HAND SERVER

Primalasha - 37 NE Warrior
I went defensive spec right from the get-go, Defense Warriors in PvP... well I couldn't do anything worthwhile except the occasional stun. I hated being melee with all the constant running around enemies XD

Pharazyn - 40 Troll Hunter
Went marksman and oh I loved my troll, I found my slot in PvP and stuck to it, there were many an alliance druid that got fed up with me cutting them down on their haste potion flag runs... sitting at range plus all the options a hunter gets made this the class for me.

Im now waiting for the Burning Crusade to come out before I embark on my all the way character, I'm going to make another hunter because I love range but hate sitting for mana all the time. I've started a character with the name Hunterseeker as a holder until I get to make them for real. I'll still be on Silver Hand though, my flatmates refuse to leave even though its an RP server and they couldn't RP themselves out of a paper bag.

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never played endgame before, so I don't really care much about endgame content. I actually like levelling, playing instances, and doing elite quests in groups, as well as just the standard "find more items, make more money" kind of thing.

I'm not sure that I could devote myself to raids and stuff. I'm pretty casual in the sense that I just kind of go at my own pace and play how I want to, but I still play quite a few hours a week.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arcana wrote:
I've never played endgame before, so I don't really care much about endgame content. I actually like levelling, playing instances, and doing elite quests in groups, as well as just the standard "find more items, make more money" kind of thing.

I'm not sure that I could devote myself to raids and stuff. I'm pretty casual in the sense that I just kind of go at my own pace and play how I want to, but I still play quite a few hours a week.

And that's exactly why WoW is so great for the casual player. If you're away ( so long as you log out in an inn ) you get rest xp and it makes it easier when you log back in again. Lineage however... the grind is ALOT harder, there are next to no quests, you dont get rest xp and if you die... you lose like 7% of your current level. It sucks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: